Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News 2020.  (Read 41797 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: February 17, 2020, 11:00:51 PM »

The Earl of Snowdon and Serena are divorcing.

https://www.google.com/am...rong-jones-royal-news/amp

Hadn't expect that one either.....
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: February 17, 2020, 11:27:11 PM »

No, neither did I. The timing is shocking, not the fact itself - their children are growing up, and if they're unhappy, why should they force themselves to keep up a facade? Like Peter and Autumn Phillips, they made a soid impression, but that's probably part of a role they have to play, whether real or not.

I have always thought that Princess Margaret's two children inherited some of the most positive family traits - creativity and, at least Sarah, a streak of modesty that her grandfather also had. She's always hiding a bit away in all the photographs. Her brother is more extrovert but this whole part of the family seemed to shy from attention, not bask in it. I don't know them but I do care what happens to them. They're my age, Sarah and I were born in the same week, and I have seen their pictures in the papers for all my life. Both David and Sarah and their partners and children always look impeccable, nice to each other, dressed neither to shock nor to impress, I always looked for them because they're always a pleasure to look at. Heard and read nothing about any scandals.

I hope they're happy. Divorce is sad but a loveless marriage is sadder. And I'm quite sure David, as son of a divorced family, wanted anything for his own life than a divorce. Am I naive?  It's sad. May they have a happy new beginning.

Somehow this feels very gloomy. Like dominoes falling. I have the feeling that more bad news are coming but hope I'm absolutely wrong.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: February 17, 2020, 11:48:33 PM »

If they have been unofficially separated for years , it's a pity it had to be officially announced right this second. Unless one is wishing to make a different  happy type of announcement in 5 minutes, perhaps one could see by the light of the  multiple dumpster fires at Auntie Lillibet's Cottage that perhaps this is an inauspicious moment. Annus Horribilus 2.0 for sure...and it's only the middle of February. Who knows what treats will come next. I am starting to fell sorry for QE. She propped all these people up for decades, and this is how they repay her in her old age, after Philip is no longer there the same way to take them down.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: February 17, 2020, 11:59:06 PM »

There were plenty of rumors and scandals surrounding him years ago - I won't go into it as it feels inappropriate but it involves a sex tape - but I would not be shocked if they stayed together for their family. Now that the children are grown up, there's no reason to stay together any longer.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2020, 12:43:11 AM »

If they have been unofficially separated for years , it's a pity it had to be officially announced right this second. Unless one is wishing to make a different  happy type of announcement in 5 minutes, perhaps one could see by the light of the  multiple dumpster fires at Auntie Lillibet's Cottage that perhaps this is an inauspicious moment. Annus Horribilus 2.0 for sure...and it's only the middle of February. Who knows what treats will come next. I am starting to fell sorry for QE. She propped all these people up for decades, and this is how they repay her in her old age, after Philip is no longer there the same way to take them down.

Liz had ample, and I do mean ample, time to get her family - especially Andrew - in line, but she buried her head in the sand. By all accounts she was a terribly distant and cold mother and Philip was an asshole of a father who was more concerned with being in control of his family, like other men of his generation, than he was with being a good parent. There is no defending the choices they made in raising their children and their choices regarding the personal lives of their two oldest sons. You reap what you sow, and their harvest is coming in. I don't give her or Philip a pass just because they're old. And don't even get me started on Margaret.

Plus, this family has been a dumpster fire since December 11, 1936. They are continuing to prove that they are no better than the rest of us.

Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2020, 12:57:18 AM »

If they have been unofficially separated for years , it's a pity it had to be officially announced right this second. Unless one is wishing to make a different  happy type of announcement in 5 minutes, perhaps one could see by the light of the  multiple dumpster fires at Auntie Lillibet's Cottage that perhaps this is an inauspicious moment. Annus Horribilus 2.0 for sure...and it's only the middle of February. Who knows what treats will come next. I am starting to fell sorry for QE. She propped all these people up for decades, and this is how they repay her in her old age, after Philip is no longer there the same way to take them down.

Liz had ample, and I do mean ample, time to get her family - especially Andrew - in line, but she buried her head in the sand. By all accounts she was a terribly distant and cold mother and Philip was an asshole of a father who was more concerned with being in control of his family, like other men of his generation, than he was with being a good parent. There is no defending the choices they made in raising their children and their choices regarding the personal lives of their two oldest sons. You reap what you sow, and their harvest is coming in. I don't give her or Philip a pass just because they're old. And don't even get me started on Margaret.

Plus, this family has been a dumpster fire since December 11, 1936. They are continuing to prove that they are no better than the rest of us.

Star   That's the very last thing Elizabeth wants us to think about her and her family.
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2020, 01:01:46 AM »

Sheesh...what a dull dishing year...horribly boring year so far...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2020, 04:20:02 AM »

I think the BRF is trying to rival Monaco for the crazy.
chocolate_angel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2020, 08:00:57 AM »

Wow, 2020 seems like the festival of divorces for the BRF...
CyrilSebastian

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: February 18, 2020, 11:04:43 PM »

I was quite surprised to learn that David and Serena are divorcing. I wonder how Lady Sarah Chatto feels about her brother and sister-in-law's divorce.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: February 18, 2020, 11:15:19 PM »

Rumours say they were separated for a few years, so divorce is no surprise on their inner-circle.

They were just waiting for the kids to leave the nest imo.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: February 18, 2020, 11:29:07 PM »

The recent divorce announcements of the extended family could have a positive effect on the BRF: the stabilizing force of the remaining, working members working remainers in the time of ??Xit is appreciated all the more.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 11:57:24 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." -

Marianne Williamson
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #312 on: March 04, 2020, 01:11:56 PM »

The recent divorce announcements of the extended family could have a positive effect on the BRF: the stabilizing force of the remaining, working members working remainers in the time of ??Xit is appreciated all the more.

Hey! Haven't you heard it yet? H&M are O/T!
CurleySharon

Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: March 04, 2020, 02:28:10 PM »

No surprises really, that the Snowdons are divorcing as it has been rumored for years that they had separate lives. I always found Serena rather classy  Icecream
whiplashhx

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: March 07, 2020, 09:58:05 PM »

Was it ever posted that Flora, granddaughter of Princess Alexandra, is engaged? I quickly sleuthed through threads so apologies if it was, I may have overlooked it. I could have swore Princess Alexandra had her own thread.

She got engaged in November. I wonder if she'll get, and if so go for, a Windsor wedding like Lady Gabriella? I also wonder what of tiara she'll wear!

She made the announcement on Instagram with the following caption:

We’re engaged! My beloved Timothy asked me to marry him and we’re blissfully happy. Photograph by my father @ogilvylandscape. #minälskling
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: