Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News 2020.  (Read 64795 times)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: September 25, 2020, 03:12:02 PM »

I don't think the baby announcement was done to sweeten a pill. They know very well where Eugenie stands, as being far to insighnificant to counter the finance reports.

The speculation around her pregnancy was very high, after her last pictures in London. She is showing a lot already, it is impossible to deny/no comment. They just confirmed the obvious and closed it, one less topic to flood the press office.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: October 15, 2020, 03:37:11 PM »

QEII's first outdoor engagement since lockdown and she's joined by her grandson William today on a visit to a top secret chemical lab. She's in bright pink today.

https://www.dailymail.co....-engagement-lockdown.html

The Queen sought to send a reassuring message to the county as she got back to business today, carrying out her first public engagement outside of a royal residence since before the coronavirus pandemic gripped the nation.

Her Majesty was joined by her grandson Prince William at the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) at Porton Down near Salisbury to meet scientists who worked in the aftermath of the 2018 Novichok attack, and are supporting the UK's response to the Covid-19 outbreak.

It is the first time the Queen has ventured from a royal residence in seven months, outside of her household of reduced staff - dubbed HMS Bubble - to carry out her duties as head of state.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: October 15, 2020, 04:26:27 PM »

Maybe just the coat but she looks frailer and thinner than in spring. But her feet are less swollen too which is good.

Feb 2020
LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: October 15, 2020, 04:32:32 PM »

The Queen definitely looks like she's lost quite a bit of weight. Hope everything is ok.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: October 15, 2020, 05:08:39 PM »

Maybe just the coat but she looks frailer and thinner than in spring. But her feet are less swollen too which is good.

Feb 2020

Well, people do tend to lose weight as they age so that could be part of it, but I think the bigger issue is the tremendous amount of stress she’s had with . . . various family members. 
YellowPoppy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: October 15, 2020, 05:11:45 PM »

Wow. She has indeed lost a lot of weight and doesn't look well ...
Maybe its because we haven't seen her in a while, she looks much more frail.
Stress and age, and maybe also a little Corona-dip ...

Once you are Real you can?t be ugly, except to people who don?t understand. - The Velveteen Rabbit
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: October 15, 2020, 05:39:48 PM »

It's nice to have some confirmation - I looked at this picture from HMJV earlier in the week and thought she'd lost some weight.

https://queensjewelvault.blogspot.com

I've scrolled through the pictures on HMJV and it looks like she may have been losing gradually for awhile. Her coats tend to hide it but you can see it when she is in a simple dress. YMMV.

She's known to have a bad back and carrying extra weight around your middle is not good for that. Perhaps she has made a conscious effort to lose some of her tummy weight, with or without the possibility of her being put on a durectic. Because her feet do seem to be less swollen.

Or she may have wished to improve her health to possibly help her ward off or survive Covid.

While I'm sure she liked to be out and about for a bit, with Covid on the rise again I hope she goes back to Windsor and stays put.  Yes

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: October 15, 2020, 05:56:01 PM »

ITA Lady Liebe

For me there are a few important things that I try to remember...she’s always been prone to carrying a bit of weight (The Queen Mother’s genes coming through) so it is likely that with COVID restrictions she’s been able to do more at home (riding and the like) so it could be a natural healthy weight loss...still pictures are always difficult to us and a judge because in the videos she actually looks quite good for her age...no matter how you slice it she is 94.5 (well next week) and has always looked ungodly good for her age (tendency towards extra weight aside)...and like all of us she has been under stress the last few month thanks to COVID (and for months before thanks to her family).

I wouldn’t count her out just yet.

As LL said going back to the bubble might be a good idea but I’d love to see her do more regular Zoom stuff.  My biggest complaint the last few month has been her near complete lack of visibility...even just once a week would be so much better.  It’s she credited with saying “I have to be seen to be believed”?  Well then, Zoom is your friend.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: October 15, 2020, 06:14:48 PM »

Marvelous idea about weekly Zoom calls, OC.

HMQE has hundreds of patronages - she could do two or three Zoom calls a week, interspersed with calls to healthcare workers, first responders etc. It will take a bit of set up on the part of the charities etc., but it's a great way to keep in touch, showcase the patronages, and keep herself visible. Win win all around. 

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: October 15, 2020, 06:25:40 PM »

The Queen definitely looks like she's lost quite a bit of weight. Hope everything is ok.
She's always been a fan of weight watchers(yes, even before Fergie) and of watching her weight in general. Perhaps she simply had more time to exercise.
I hope it's that and not stress or something even more serious
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: October 15, 2020, 06:30:20 PM »

Marvelous idea about weekly Zoom calls, OC.

HMQE has hundreds of patronages - she could do two or three Zoom calls a week, interspersed with calls to healthcare workers, first responders etc. It will take a bit of set up on the part of the charities etc., but it's a great way to keep in touch, showcase the patronages, and keep herself visible. Win win all around. 

Right.  Her office has only had 7 months to figure this out. 
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: October 15, 2020, 06:49:25 PM »

HMQE is wearing the Grima Ruby Brooch:

http://queensjewelvault.b...he-grima-ruby-brooch.html

http://orderofsplendor.bl...ay-brooch-grima-ruby.html

Given to her by Prince Phillip in 1966.

I do believe HMJV has added some new brooches to the site -  Drool

https://queensjewelvault....gspot.com/p/brooches.html       

periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: October 15, 2020, 07:00:29 PM »

Maybe she Zooms and we don't hear about it because it's more business related I mean administrative business than charity. And she can also have Zoom fatigue like the rest of us I mean I can't imagine at her age and I'm 40 years younger than her and sick of it. We all have only so much bandwidth. Getting skinny as we age is real. My father always had "fat genes" but got pretty thin like he never was even in high school in his 80s and its shocking visually with no concern from the doctor.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: October 15, 2020, 09:58:00 PM »

Great to see the Queen again  Thumb up

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: October 15, 2020, 10:59:14 PM »

Did someone post that Omid had criticized her about the event being mask less?
He’s getting creamed on Twitter
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: