Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News 2020.  (Read 116596 times)
Aubiette

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: April 03, 2021, 02:57:48 PM »

So nice to see them together.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: April 03, 2021, 03:25:55 PM »

this picture makes my heart leap. They both look wonderful. I wonder if this was a stop before church services? The queen is very engaged during Holy Week. I feel like the daffodils in the background are making up for her Maundy Thursday bouquets in my mind.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: April 03, 2021, 03:30:31 PM »

I love this picture especially. I wonder if HM has been able to see some of the rest of the family in person too.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: April 03, 2021, 03:33:28 PM »

Her health is amazing. Not all 94 year olds are walking about and keeping on with life. Britain is lucky she has not had a long slow decline with illnesses. People are so used to her just always being there and doing her duties. Remarkable, really.

What a great smile in the above photo.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: April 03, 2021, 03:37:02 PM »

I love the combination of an Hermes scarf and hand knit Fair Isle gloves.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: April 03, 2021, 03:48:39 PM »

I love this picture especially. I wonder if HM has been able to see some of the rest of the family in person too.

HM is so cute in these photos.

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: April 03, 2021, 04:08:20 PM »

The Queen doesn't look much older than her son (I'd guess about 5-8 years, certainly not 21).

She's in a really good shape.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: April 03, 2021, 06:14:24 PM »

The Queen doesn't look much older than her son (I'd guess about 5-8 years, certainly not 21).

She is, and this photo makes me unaccountably happy.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: April 07, 2021, 04:05:25 PM »

There are few things more joyous than seeing the Queen smile. She has such an infectious smile, and it always appears earnest and truthful.

This photo reminds me that despite the titles, money etc, the Windsors are too a family that have been separated by the pandemic. Seeing a loved one in the flesh after some time brings overwhelming feelings of happiness and gratitude.

I agree, she is in fantastic shape for her age! I often forget that she is almost 95, she puts many of us to shame!! Is horseriding the only sporty hobby she has had? If so it shows how beneficial it is!
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: May 22, 2021, 04:23:25 AM »

If you're interested in these sorts of things. She's been on point for a lot of things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7EXZ5J25vc
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: May 22, 2021, 06:34:34 AM »

She is, and this photo makes me unaccountably happy.

In some ways it is hard to look at these images and know that within a week they would be mourning Philip but we also now know what they were doing: https://www.msn.com/en-au...ueens-jubilee/ar-BB1gPiR7

I hope that this is successful and would love to see everyone plant a native tree in their home country (or pay the right authorities to plant one on their behalf in the right place). What a wonderful memorial that would be. (A girl can dream can't she?)
Nappyolean

Warned
Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: May 22, 2021, 01:34:08 PM »

My uncle planted a tree for me, named it after me. It’s great fun to talk about the tree, check in on it. “How is my tree doing”? In that regard, it will be a fun legacy project for people to check in on “The Queens Tree”
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: May 22, 2021, 06:12:33 PM »

it is a really lovely picture and a Treebilee sounds like a marvellous idea. I am sure that the Queen and Charles knew exactly what was going on and just took a break to go wandering around the grounds
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: May 22, 2021, 06:40:24 PM »

This is a marvelous project.

We moved, 37 years ago, to a farmhouse on two acres. There were very few trees apart from two tall maples on either side of the drive, and most of the land was planted in hay. We began putting in trees and shrubs the next spring, some just slips from the state Extension service and others specifically bought, and two Lindens (good bee trees) from a friend's yard who said they weren't city trees?? We watched the back two thirds of the land go from field, to shrub/scrub to young forest stage with plenty of understory. There's a windbreak on the west side which our neighbor admires from his house across the field. Around the house we planted a sycamore which now brings welcome shade to the back of the house along with trees for for each of our dogs and shrubs for our cats - the cremains are planted with each, and a few apple trees.

We've been privileged to watch the wildlife return too - we found a fox den near the house after a two week trip one spring - which confined our unhappy dog to the backyard until the kits were raised and gone. The birds have formed a steady progression along with the trees. We've gone from Field Sparrows, Dickssisels and Bob-o-Links to Catbirds and Brown Thrashers, along with Orchard and Baltimore Orioles. Purple Martins, Bluebirds, Tree Swallows and House Wrens use the bird houses, along with the usual Robins, Mourning Doves, Red Wing Blackbirds, Grackles and resident Cardinals, and migrants which stop by each spring and fall. The birds have contributed their own plants, Redoiser Dogwoods, Elderberries, wild Currents, Grapevine and Virginia Creeper, to name a few, and an abundance of Mulberries.

Last month the Gov dedicated The COVID-19 pandemic Memorial Grove, a small grove of native trees, planted at a state park near the first capitol.

https://www.wkbn.com/news...onor-victims-of-covid-19/

I'd rather see projects like this, and The Queen's Green Canopy than any memorials in stone.

Off the soapbox now.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 07:15:10 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: May 22, 2021, 06:50:00 PM »

I would love to see the Royal Family focus more on British flora and fauna, especially the endangered species.  This is a neat undertaking, and I agree with Lady Liebe that this is much better than stone monuments/etc.

I'm still learning about gardening myself (sunk way too much money into my over enthusiastic, under educated gardening dreams last spring) but I know there are organizations that sell seeds/seedlings from historic trees (you can buy seedlings from Thomas Jefferson's trees, for example).  It could be cool to set up something like that with these trees, with all of the funds raised going straight back into British wildlife conservation.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: