Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Daisy - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 32129 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2020, 01:43:22 AM »

January 10
Daisy eceived German Schleswig-Holstein's State Premier Daniel Guenther and his wife Anke Guenther at Christian IXís Palace
The centenary will start with an official opening event held at the Royal Theater in Copenhagen this evening.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 01:43:50 AM »

January 10
Daisy & Bene attended a gala performance at the Royal Theater on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Reunion.
The government was the host of the Gala Show, the official opening event of celebrations of the Reunion. The reunification ceremony takes place July 10-11 and the gala performance at the Royal Theatre is the first of long row of events marking the anniversary.

In 2020, 100 years have passed since Southern Jutland was reunited with Denmark. The southern part of Denmark, Southern Jutland, was German from 1864 to 1920 and became Danish after a referendum. The 100th anniversary will be celebrated with events and activities throughout the country, which will culminate on July 10-12, 2020.

Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 01:54:38 AM »

Gorgeous. So, my great great grandfather emigrated from Schleswig Holstein precisely because the Germans invaded. Settled in Avila Beach, California. But I'm confused about the reunification. When I went to visit the area, Schleswig being at the very end of a long fjord, in 1987, I was definitely in Germany. I fully expected people to speak Danish, but they didn't. It was a pretty town with boats and really good food.
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 09:59:27 AM »

Benedikte, once again, is impeccably dressed!
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 10:07:27 AM »

It is nice to see the two sisters working together and having fun ... Frodo must be sleeping, now that everyone has left the kingdom.  Tongue
It is just a strange thought that while these two nearly 80 year old women keep the show on the road (and they are doing a lovely job) - Frodo is missing, Mary is skiing and socialicing, Jokke is doing "important" things in France and Marie is ... whatever.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 10:14:30 AM »

In Joachimís defense, he actually is doing something that makes sense because he works a lot with the military. Itís just invisible work. It happens but the public doesnít see it. Heíll come home with an education which will be of value to the military. Itís unfortunate that this means unrooting Marie as well but they have small kids so the family stays together. And itís just for a year, then theyíll return again.

As for the Derfs. Well, they donít even contribute when they show up.

BubbaGumpShrimp
Banned
Warned
Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 11:35:27 AM »

Several Danish military experts have stated in the media that while the education offered to Jokke is a great honor, it's essentially useless since his postings in the Danish military are generally honorary, in the time-honored tradition of royalty and the army over the last 300 years. Give them some training, dress 'em up, stick 'em on a horse and parade them around, while in the background the actual army folks do the work.

Nah, they're all pretty useless. Except Daisy who corresponded with Tolkien and illustrated a few of his books. But I am a Daisy sugar
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 12:04:37 PM »

In Joachimís defense, he actually is doing something that makes sense because he works a lot with the military. Itís just invisible work. It happens but the public doesnít see it. Heíll come home with an education which will be of value to the military. Itís unfortunate that this means unrooting Marie as well but they have small kids so the family stays together. And itís just for a year, then theyíll return again.

As for the Derfs. Well, they donít even contribute when they show up.

IMO Jokke is doing the right thing and I think that is a test baloon to get the public used to him not living in Denmark anymore. I think all the Rfs are downscaling at the moment, so the DRF is no exception. Looking at England it is always good if the spare is occupied  Grin. If is basically the Derfs ... and Frodo in the first place. He is a lost cause.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 06:25:47 PM »

January 12
Daisy attended a church service at Copenhagen Cathedral which is also known as The Church of Our Lady.
The service was held on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of Southern Jutland's reunion with Denmark. Representatives of the Government and the Parliament, as well as guests from the Danish-German borderland attended. The southern part of Denmark, Jutland, was German from 1864 to 1920 and became Danish after a referendum.

esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 08:24:39 PM »

I love her white coat and hat.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 08:53:19 PM »

Me too. Itís very elegant.

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 10:19:57 PM »

I always had a soft spot for Daisy. And she looks so regal most of the days but that coat is absolutely lovely on her.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 10:26:52 PM »

Yes the white ensemble was really fabulous, but the grey dress with the lovely pashmina shawl (meeting the Germans) was also very nice and suited her and the occassion.
Would have liked to see the evening attire.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 10:36:31 PM »

Daisy really hit it here Thumb up
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 10:44:20 PM »

Waaaaa she wore the crazy ass poppy tiara (or at least a few of them) and the poppy earrings!!

It's one of the few reasons why I do hope that one day there will be a Queen Mares: she'll do the poppies proud (because she'll never allow her hair to turn grey).

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: