Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Daisy - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 33344 times)
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2020, 07:49:53 PM »

Royals from several different royal houses have sent video messages to Daisy wishing her a Happy Birthday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_CoosLgSex/

I love this video!  I love the genuine caring they show for Daisy, love hearing their accents...love everything about it!  Is there a transcript of it anywhere?  I assume it's subtitled in Danish?  I'd be interested to know how many of the speakers spoke in Danish or if most of them were either in English or their primary language.

None of the foreign royals spoke in Danish. They either spoke their own mother tongue or in English.

I’ll make a transcript of it when I get the time for it. It really was very sweet Smiley

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2020, 10:51:46 PM »

Royals from several different royal houses have sent video messages to Daisy wishing her a Happy Birthday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_CoosLgSex/

I loved that WA and Maxima raised a glass to her.

I don't know why I always seem to forget that Daisy and CG are first cousins, but I thought it was so cute that he calls her "Dear cousin Daisy" as well as hearing Felipe call her Aunt Daisy! I really love how close the Continental royals are and always thought it was a shame that the way George V adopted an almost isolationist policy toward his foreign cousins after WW1 that sort of endured into the next generations.

Have to add, it's really interesting to me to hear Felipe speak in English. His accent sounds a lot like his Uncle Constantine and I'm not sure I would even know Spanish was his native language because his English doesn't really have a Spanish accent to it the way Leti's does.
Wasn't there a rumour that Sofia spoke english with her children?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2020, 10:56:10 AM »

Queen Margarete postponed her summer cruise to next year due to the Corona virus
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2020, 01:09:24 AM »

June 24
Daisy became patron of Danish-French research collaboration

Her Majesty The Queen has said “yes” to being patron of a Danish-French research collaboration between Musée Marmottan Monet in Paris and the Art Museums of Skagen.

The project will help to spread knowledge of the Danish painter P.S. Krøyer (1851-1909) internationally, and the research collaboration will initially run over three years. The results will lead to two exhibitions – one in Paris and one in Skagen – and in various articles and publications, which will be put out in Danish, French and English.

In Paris, Musée Marmottan Monet will present P.S. Krøyer with the special exhibition “L'heure bleue” (“The Blue Hour”) from 28 January until 25 July 2021. The exhibition is based on P.S. Krøyer’s open-air paintings from Skagen, where the Scandinavian blue twilight hours play a prominent role. The exhibition is the first ever large retrospective presentation of P.S. Krøyer’s works in France.

In 2022, well-known French naturalists and Impressionists who inspired P.S. Krøyer’s work will be presented in an exhibition in Skagen.

An interdisciplinary, international research collaboration provides a linguistic edge and an opportunity for uncovering tracks in the respective countries’ archive and library systems, which are difficult to access from the outside. In addition, thecollaboration provides the opportunity to discuss the perspectives and discursive methods of the various researchers, which vary from country to country.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2020, 01:11:25 AM »

June 26
At Marselisborg Castle, H.M. Queen thanked the outgoing Guards from the Royal Life Guard for their service.

Usually the Urparade takes place at Den Kongelige Livgarde's barracks in Gothersgade, Copenhagen, but this year the parade was first completed at Majesty's Aarhus castle. In addition, the event was carried out with fewer than usual due to the situation with coronavirus.

SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2020, 02:35:13 AM »

Love Daisy's outfit, reminding us all that it's summer and ok to dress in pretty dresses! I love the teal colour of the soldiers' trousers! Is there any history behind the soldiers' outfits?
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2020, 04:25:03 AM »

Is it just me or does she appear to be shrinking? Secret Good to see her out and about.

I love Daisy becoming patron of the Krøyer project, I had never heard of him before but I really like his work.

Thanks, PeDe! Star
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2020, 07:08:03 AM »

Her dress looks like a candy striper dress--what volunteer teens at hospitals wear, or used to wear.

She looks great. Nothing wrong with a candy striper dress, which was pink or red and white.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2020, 07:09:17 AM »

link to candy striper dress:

https://www.etsy.com/list...1QYQdwEAQYAyABEgIOtfD_BwE
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2020, 10:06:22 PM »

July 24
Daisy and Benedikte opened the Royal Vegetable Garden at Graasten Castle
They opened the Royal Vegetable Garden at Graasten Castle. The vegetable garden contains, among other things, a number of herbs, shrubs with berries such as blackberries, raspberries and gooseberries, flowers and a forest of fruit trees that grow in trellis.

The Royal Vegetable Garden will also provide learning opportunities for school classes, where the students learn about the path from farm to fork. The project has been created in a collaboration between the Palaces and Culture Agency and Sønderborg Municipality. Among other things, the project will use the garden as an attraction for both the local community and Danish and foreign tourists.

The Royal Vegetable Garden will open to the public on July 25. In July and August, the kitchen garden will be open every day of the week from 11:00 to 17:00.

karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2020, 12:16:56 AM »

It's good to see the ladies out and about, Bene looks elegant as always and Daisy is in fine form. The gardens would be high on my list of things to see were I to visit Denmark. Beer
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2020, 07:00:22 PM »

August 27
Daisy received new officers from the Navy at Marselisborg Palace
She received new officers from the Navy at Marselisborg Palace in Aarhus. At the reception, Diasy greeted all the officers and congratulated them in a short speech. Marselisborg Palace is her summer residence.

I like the 2nd guy from the right in pic 2. He looks like a true sea bear Cute

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2020, 08:38:31 PM »

A new official portrait of Daisy has been released by the court on the occasion of her 80th birthday this year

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2020, 09:15:31 PM »

It doesn't show for me, LA.....I posted pics from another source

leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2020, 09:50:19 PM »

A new official portrait of Daisy has been released by the court on the occasion of her 80th birthday this year

Photo fail by the DRF.

This looks like a bad photoshop project done by a lazy 13 year old.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: