Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Death of Sultan Qaboos of Oman,10 January 2020  (Read 2721 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2020, 01:58:02 AM »

Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said of Oman, the Arab world's longest-serving ruler, has died aged 79, state media say.
https://www.google.com/am...orld-middle-east-50902476

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 02:21:56 AM by Rita » Logged

genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 02:55:43 AM »

https://royalcentral.co.u...n-sealed-envelope-136065/

I saw it too.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 09:24:53 AM »

RIP.

His successor has been chosen by his family :

Sultan Haitham Ibn Tariq , 65. He is one of Sultan Qaboos cousins.

https://www.thenational.a...w-sultan-of-oman-1.962667

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 09:27:55 AM »

So the enveloppe is only to be opened if no successor is choosen and installed? Why leave such an enveloppe.

Qaboos and his reign didn't have a real good name abroad. In NL there was commotion several years ago when then Queen Beatrix wanted to visit Qaboos (together with Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his wife Máxima)
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 09:28:37 AM »

RIP!
I'm going to Oman in 4 weeks. I had hoped the Sultan would have lasted this long at least. But I hope that they are all sensible people and that the transition of power will go smoothly.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 09:49:28 AM »

RIP.

I wonder who the other options were ? Does this man have family and a son ? If so then that is the future
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 10:48:23 AM »

RIP.

I wonder who the other options were ? Does this man have family and a son ? If so then that is the future
You mean the late sultan?
He never married and therefore he doesn't have kids,plus the new Sultan is one of his family..his cousin

As for other options most likely the family will chose a successor if there no document/will feom the late Sultan

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 10:54:07 AM »

So the enveloppe is only to be opened if no successor is choosen and installed? Why leave such an enveloppe.

Qaboos and his reign didn't have a real good name abroad. In NL there was commotion several years ago when then Queen Beatrix wanted to visit Qaboos (together with Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his wife Máxima)
Is that so?!!
Any idea why?
Cause i am surprised....all i know of him and his reign that he care for his own country business and stayed away from troubles and digging in the others affaires and for that in arab world his was hugly respected

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 12:07:50 PM »

Is that so?!!
Any idea why?
Cause i am surprised....all i know of him and his reign that he care for his own country business and stayed away from troubles and digging in the others affaires and for that in arab world his was hugly respected

Let say in my memory a vague memory popped up...I knew there were negative comments about a visit of Queen Bee, WA & Max to Qaboos several years ago. After posting my first post I googled a bit. It happened apparently in 2011, during the so called "Arabic spring". It seems according to some Qaboos had rhoughly acted on protests in Oman. Instead of the intended state visit to Oman, the Dutch royals had a private visit to Oman. Still question marks with some Dutch parties.

A.o.
https://www.volkskrant.nl...tent&utm_content=free
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 01:45:03 PM »

RIP
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 04:29:06 PM »

Is that so?!!
Any idea why?

Let say in my memory a vague memory popped up...I knew there were negative comments about a visit of Queen Bee, WA & Max to Qaboos several years ago. After posting my first post I googled a bit. It happened apparently in 2011, during the so called "Arabic spring". It seems according to some Qaboos had rhoughly acted on protests in Oman. Instead of the intended state visit to Oman, the Dutch royals had a private visit to Oman. Still question marks with some Dutch parties.

A.o.
https://www.volkskrant.nl...tent&utm_content=free9

And i have fish memory  
I do remember though some unfortunate events in Oman during the "so cailled Arab spring"...however in general Sultan Qaboos reign was peacful and prosper..when he took over power Oman was one of the most poor country now they far from been in need we even can say they are rish country
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 04:45:19 PM by Rita » Logged

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 06:13:31 PM »

Funeral of Sultan Qaboos
Kind of modest Funeral

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 08:07:54 PM »

Kensington Palace has sent a message of condolence (also posted on social media) following William's visit there last year

#stayhomesavelives
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2020, 08:14:10 PM »

A few weeks ago he was still in Leuven (Belgium) being treated for cancer. He rented an entire hotel up to the end of January but left all of a sudden after a few days. Nobody knew why. He might possibly have received the bad news he was terminal back then.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 01:12:48 AM »

Kensington Palace has sent a message of condolence (also posted on social media) following William's visit there last year
So nice of will..

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: