Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Danish Royal News  (Read 22681 times)
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2020, 11:52:00 AM »

Not a bad outfit on Mares but the shoes are a absolute NO.

Oh, I ADORE these shoes! I would love a pair of snakeskin Rossis!
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2020, 11:53:12 AM »

She looks very well put together, she can do it when she wants to!

Frodo must be on some new drugs, he actually looks like he might like his wife!
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2020, 04:13:11 PM »

I like the look.  Neat and sleek.  Champagne

Ok, Mares looks like her own grandmother, but aside from this I think it's a nice outfit.

Way better than those girly dresses.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2020, 04:21:22 PM »

I can't get over how awful her dye job is!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Gemsheal

Small Member

United States United States

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2020, 10:51:09 PM »

True, her hair looks to be like, 3 different colors.   Crazy.

I love her brooch!   

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2020, 11:29:02 PM »

True, her hair looks to be like, 3 different colors.   Crazy.

I love her brooch!   

It's a re-use from ELISE GUG. Not sure if real or fashion jewelry.

periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2020, 11:38:11 PM »

I mean she looks fine but she really is the queen of separates and I'm really over it. The hat is too far back on her head though. If it were smaller it might have worked or given her Wallis Simpson vibes.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2020, 09:30:08 PM »

She looks very well put together, she can do it when she wants to!

Frodo must be on some new drugs, he actually looks like he might like his wife!

She probably promised him a blonde if he looked lovingly at her. 
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2020, 10:29:19 AM »

I think the shoes are the best thing about the outfit.

I can see what she’s going for, but she looks a bit matronly from the shoulders up. She’s not even 50 yet, but the hat and hair make her look very middle aged.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2020, 01:38:43 PM »

I think the shoes are the best thing about the outfit.

I can see what she’s going for, but she looks a bit matronly from the shoulders up. She’s not even 50 yet, but the hat and hair make her look very middle aged.

I like the hat myself.  She looks good with her hair styled like that.  I think the occasion called for a more formal look.  It would be interesting to see the thought process behind some of her looks/appearances. 
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2020, 07:47:05 PM »

And PR mode is on. Second smile in - 2 weeks?
At least Derf can fake it. Madame just has seemed pissed
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2020, 08:15:44 PM »

October 18
The royal house is identified with a jetset existence
Crown Prince Frederik is popular as never before, and his eldest son, Prince Christian, who turned 15 on Thursday, is praised for his natural talent for being royal.

But even if things go well for the royal family, there is still a pitfall that Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Christian must keep in mind if they are to continue to be successful when they one day take over the role of head of state.

Royal household expert and historian Sebastian Olden-Jørgensen noted that the children of the crown prince's couple attend a carefully selected primary school, such as the private school in Swiss Verbier or Tranegårdskolen in Hellerup. The latter is probably an elementary school, but one of the best in the country and in a very exclusive neighborhood from the "jetset".

- "What I mean is that it is unfortunate that the royal family is identified with a jetset existence and not a normal Danish existence", explains Ditlev Tamm, Emeritus professor of legal history.

- "The crown prince couple must think about who they are partnering with. It can create problems if the royal family becomes too elitist", said professor emeritus of legal history at the University of Copenhagen Ditlev Tamm.

- "There is no reason to have a royal house unless people can be 'proud' of their royal house as a representative of the country and the values ​​of the country. And it is very important that the way the royal house behaves reflects them - and that you do not reflect or identify with the values ​​of a smaller part or a particular class of society”, says Ditlev Tamm.

- "It's not just any primary school they go to. It's in a 'rich reserve' and then the kids are part of the upper class they go to school with”,  says Sebastian Olden Jørgensen

- "For me, chalets and ski schools in Switzerland are not necessarily part of the Danish way of being brought up. I think it is more important that royalty receives Danish education before they go abroad. But what I mean is that it is unfortunate that the royal family identifies with a jetset life and not with a Danish and normal life”, adds Ditlev Tamm

- "At the same time, it's no secret that a large part of the crown prince's couple's circle of friends and acquaintances consists of both nobles and some of Denmark's wealthiest people, including the Holch Povlsen family, the Lego Kirk Kristiansen family and the Heering family".

- "The fact that the royal house deals with the rich and the noble is not new, but the role of the royal house has changed dramatically over the past decades, and so it is a bigger problem today if the main circle of the royal house is "jetset".

- "The Royal House no longer has the same sublimity as before, when it comes under criticism, and therefore its importance decreases”, explains Ditlev Tamm.

- "Members of the Royal Family should appear serious and act as people with depth, responsibility and concern for Danish society if they are to be successful", says Ditlev Tamm.

The royal house no longer has the same sublimity as it had before, where it was repealed over criticism. And therefore it can become a problem if it is identified as a single layer.

- "There is no doubt that the role of the royal family as a national unifying mark for the population and thus in terms of seriousness and importance is diminishing. Conversely, the support due to the celebrity effect, and that it is nice to have a royal house, has increased", explains Ditlev Tamm.

- "They must be a little above us, but it's in Denmark that it's happening, and it's the Denmark that you represent. It is important that the royal family present themselves as people who work seriously for them. Danish interests", concludes Ditlev Tamm.

If Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Prince Christian succeed in finding the right balance between 'exalted' and 'normal', then the royal future looks promising for father and son, the professor assesses.

(Article published in the Danish press on October 18, 2020)

OOOOOOOOps!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:23:11 PM by PeDe » Logged

Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2020, 08:27:39 PM »

Interesting. IIRC, Christian was the first Danish royal (excluding his mother) to attend a public school . That should constitute progress.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:52:13 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2020, 10:21:41 PM »

Well royals are elitist and always will be. If they go to "public" schools, it will always be one, where the high society sends there children to.

Fred and Mares live of course in totally other spheres - as do all the other royals. Their problem is that they and their children don't even mingle for events with the peasants.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2020, 10:53:17 PM »

Well royals are elitist and always will be. If they go to "public" schools, it will always be one, where the high society sends there children to.

Fred and Mares live of course in totally other spheres - as do all the other royals. Their problem is that they and their children don't even mingle for events with the peasants.

Exactly. Has this author ever met or even seen pictures of Mosh?  She strikes me as more elitist than born royals.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: