Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Juliana  (Read 20336 times)
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2020, 01:05:21 AM »

What a joyous photo!  I have to say, Juliana is one of my favorite royals - not an easy life but one which she seems to have made the best. 

Gemsheal, I am glad that you like Queen Juliana on her birthday.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2020, 01:00:10 AM »

Queen Juliana entertained the Dutch Royal Household at Christmas in 1954.     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxV1-qPDSsQ
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2020, 08:58:12 AM »

Every year, except for war and such, Juliana and her family served hot drinks and related to their staff (and their families) at Soestdijk (if I am correct).

CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2021, 12:13:18 AM »

Prince Willem Alexander stole the show at Queen Juliana's 60th birthday.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoLTEjstPkM
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2021, 12:05:25 AM »

A small classroom with three carefully selected students was formed at Noordeinde Palace so that Princess Juliana would receive her primary education with children her own age.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2021, 09:37:48 AM »

A small classroom with three carefully selected students was formed at Noordeinde Palace so that Princess Juliana would receive her primary education with children her own age.

From the website:https://www.onderwijsmuse...ijs%20aan%20de%20prinses.

"..The school of the well-known Dutch education man Jan Ligthart (1859-1916) was located on Tullinghstraat in The Hague. In January 1914, when Princess Juliana was not yet five years old, Queen Wilhelmina paid a visit to this school. Ligthart had visited the palace a few weeks before, to advise the queen on the education of daughter Juliana. The fact that Wilhelmina was interested in Ligthart's pedagogy shows that she was interested in the educational innovations of this Christian educator. For him, upbringing was all about love for the child: in Ligtharts practice-oriented pedagogy, the teacher had to look for the positive in the child. Parenting is not a science of laws: every pupil, according to Ligthart, is unique and this should be cherished..."

"...Princess Juliana did use the books, but did not visit Jan Ligthart's school in Schilderswijk in The Hague. Classes were set up in the palaces - Noordeinde Palace, Huis ten Bosch and Het Loo - where the princess and three other students took home lessons. A gym was also set up at Huis ten Bosch. From mid-April 1915, Miss Bertha Cohen Stuart was in charge of the education of the princess. A year later, Anna van der Reyden-van der Hooft was appointed.

Van der Reyden gave an interview to the Haagsche Post on December 27, 1930, in which she reported on the period she was the princess's teacher. The room from Noordeinde Palace, which served as a classroom, was completely arranged according to the rules of the law: "Juliana sat on an ordinary school desk, staring at a black board and ordinary school posters." Like all other Dutch children, she received grades and reports: "... and just like any other child, she happily walked to her parents with those reports because ... they were allowed to be seen," says Anna van der Reyden. School hours were also the same and missed school hours - for example due to an official visit - were made up for.

The former teacher also talked about the fact that Juliana was "the only child". Because she was a prince's child, this difficulty was twice as great: "Other children find ample opportunity for regular association with buddies of their own age, they find all kinds of modest fun, if a tram ride, for example, pays off." Unlike mother Wilhelmina, who was taught on her own, Juliana was in class with three other girls. It looked like playing at school in an enormous living room, a royal room with paintings and school posters. But seriously, with a real teacher...."

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2021, 04:04:03 PM »

Interesting that for the photo, they placed the blackboard into the back of the class. Surely it was usually in front of the tables, with it's current position, the girls would have had to turn over their shoulders to see it....
Also interesting is that Juliana is in the second row. (at least I think the girl on the right side of the pic in the second row is Juliana - the girl looks just like Amalia)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2021, 05:36:29 PM »

Interesting that for the photo, they placed the blackboard into the back of the class. Surely it was usually in front of the tables, with it's current position, the girls would have had to turn over their shoulders to see it....
Also interesting is that Juliana is in the second row. (at least I think the girl on the right side of the pic in the second row is Juliana - the girl looks just like Amalia)

Thatís what I thought too, Fairy. 

I can really see Bea and WA in that face too!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2021, 08:55:57 PM »

That is indeed Juliana, the genes are going strong in the family
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2021, 10:25:26 AM »

I scored again!!! Come on what's my prize? Tulips? A signed Gouda? With the win I already made at the Spot the M. over at the hidden thread, I am on a roll!

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2021, 02:41:20 AM »

I scored again!!! Come on what's my prize? Tulips? A signed Gouda? With the win I already made at the Spot the M. over at the hidden thread, I am on a roll!

You win:

1.  All expense paid trip to 3 Covid hotspots of your choice
2.  Cat chauffeur service for a month
3.  A crate of 2 Buck Chuck boxed wine
4.  A  Star

You’re welcome.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2021, 01:56:13 PM »

Jumping Supercontent
We'll make it a road trip, with cats chauffeuring, boxed wine flowing to a Covid hotspot.....all the while singing: it's a long way to Montecito, it's a long way to fame...

Mary's life motto:
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2021, 11:32:04 AM »

Psssst, untill the name got protected by law many Gouda cheese was made in Germany (at least what I have heard).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2021, 11:32:34 AM »

You win:

1.  All expense paid trip to 3 Covid hotspots of your choice
2.  Cat chauffeur service for a month
3.  A crate of 2 Buck Chuck boxed wine
4.  A  Star

Youíre welcome.

Laughing Laughing Star
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2021, 11:32:58 AM »

Jumping Supercontent
We'll make it a road trip, with cats chauffeuring, boxed wine flowing to a Covid hotspot.....all the while singing: it's a long way to Montecito, it's a long way to fame...

Tongue Laughing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: