Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 127   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coronavirus outbreak  (Read 99333 times)
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2020, 06:56:59 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

The outbreak began at the end of Decemeber in the Wuhan area. It spread quicker than any previous viruses and the mortality rate is also higher.
Ten cities in China are currently "locked" in Hubei province of China.

In spite of sanitary measures, cases have already been reported outside China in Australia, Japan, Malaysia, Nepal, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, USA and Vietnam.

In France three cases have been found and those people are in isolation at hospitals. So far they are fine according to official sources. All have recently come back from Wuhan and its area.
We are in the middle of the annual winter flu epidemic here. It's going to be difficult to detect if people are suffering from the Coronavirus or a classic flu...

Gemsheal

Mini Member

United States United States

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 08:45:10 PM »

I try my best not to worry about flu outbreaks - I mean I don't discount them, but I try to go on & live my life as best I can, and drink my glass or two of bourbon every night, after supper & a nice warm shower.  Tasty & it kills the bad things  😁 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 09:00:43 AM »

And nongovernmental reports inside China say the actual cases are 10x the reported ones.
All Us citizens in the infected area of China are told to be evacuated by plane before we close our borders to people coming from China completely
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 09:16:03 AM »

And nongovernmental reports inside China say the actual cases are 10x the reported ones.
All Us citizens in the infected area of China are told to be evacuated by plane before we close our borders to people coming from China completely

I hope Australia does the same ... there should be no flights from China coming in ... nationally is not the issue... keep everyone out
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 09:19:41 AM »

I was just watching Channel 9 news and someone there said that the problem with evacuating people from Wuhan is that China has quarantined the province and so it may not be possible to get the people out.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 09:26:55 AM »

I believe the US will be allowed in by plane
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 09:33:35 AM »

I didn’t see the closing to planes from China bit but I did see that the US has chartered a single plane to evacuate nonessential consular personal and families of state department employees.  I’ve read that any remaining seats would be made available (for a fee) to regular US citizens looking to leave the area and that all travel is to the affected area highly discouraged.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 09:59:07 AM »

Interesting move by the USA - with a 10-14 day incubation period I hope that they will quarantine all the passengers and crew for the full time, otherwise the US may just be importing their own outbreak problem.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 10:09:59 AM »

I have read that the US has over 1000 people in Wuhan but the plane only holds about 230 or so.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 10:21:03 AM »

I have read that the US has over 1000 people in Wuhan but the plane only holds about 230 or so.

i think they are only looking to bring back families of govt employees and non essential govt staff
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 10:34:30 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/...mericans-china/index.html

The US government is arranging a charter flight to evacuate American diplomats and citizens from the Chinese city that has become ground zero for a new deadly strain of coronavirus, a US official with knowledge of the matter told CNN Saturday.

The United States has a contract with a transporter to evacuate about three dozen diplomats and their families from the US consulate in Wuhan, China. The consulate is closed and all US diplomats are "under ordered departure," the official said.
Details of the flight plan are still being finalized -- for example, officials were still deciding between a narrow-body Boeing 737 and a wide-body Boeing 767 -- and the source said "a lot depends on what the Chinese authorities will allow us to do," adding that Beijing has been "very cooperative." The Wall Street Journal first reported the planned evacuation.
The State Department and White House have not yet responded to CNN's request for comment on the matter.
The US consulate in Wuhan reached out to Americans registered with the consulate and offered them seats on a flight, the official told CNN. The flight will have medical personnel aboard to treat anyone with the virus and make sure it is contained.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed to CNN Saturday that it is involved in the coordinated effort by the US government to help Americans leave Wuhan.
There are about 1,000 Americans living in Wuhan and those who choose to evacuate with diplomats will be billed for the flight, the official with knowledge of the matter said.
The Journal reported that any available seats on the flight might be offered to non-US citizens and diplomats of other nations. The US official with knowledge of the matter, though, disputed that reporting, saying that non-US citizens would only be allowed to take the flight if they are related or married to Americans.
The official added that diplomats from other countries, such as South Korea and the United Kingdom, are arranging their own transportation out of Wuhan.
Asked why the US is evacuating its diplomats and citizens from Wuhan while no such action was taken during the height of the SARS epidemic that hit China in 2003, the official said, "I think we all learned our lesson from SARS."
It is unknown where the plane plans to fly to in the US, the person said.
On Thursday, the US State Department ordered non-emergency personnel and their families to depart the Hubei Province of China, of which Wuhan is the provincial capital, due to the coronavirus.
The Department also raised the travel advisory for the Hubei province to "Level 4: Do Not Travel," warning that the "U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in Hubei province."
Chinese authorities have imposed indefinite restrictions on public transport and travel in Hubei Province in an unprecedented effort to contain the spread of the virus.
More than 40 people in mainland China have now been killed by the Wuhan coronavirus, with more than 1,300 confirmed cases.

Not all heroes wear capes. Some of them wear scrubs. Some of them wear uniforms. And some of them wear what you're wearing right now. Dr. Amy Acton
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 09:10:19 PM »

My husband and I have been reading about the virus and honestly I'm not really sure how concerned we should be about it at this point. I believe there are now 2 confirmed cases (a husband and wife) and they are nowhere close to where I live. The symptoms sound similar to a bad flu and the people at the highest risk seem to be those with pre-existing conditions, the elderly, etc. There seems to be a panic from some though. I saw a post of a local group on facebook telling people to stop ordering things from Wish because they have a warehouse in the effected part of China when the virus is not transmitted via t-shirts.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2020, 09:18:53 PM »

There are countless expats in China, who can't get out, countless chinese expats who used their vacation to visit their families during the new year celebrations….
Countless Business travellers…
I find it rather "everybody is equal and some are even more equal" that governments aim to get their own diplomatic people out while the rest can't get on the planes...I mean not everybody was there on holiday...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 09:22:06 PM »

Due to personal circumstances I haven't been reading into this item as I normally would. Based on my education background it has my interest and most of the time I would like to know more about it.

As far as I know the virus has arrived in Europe (= France), but I don't know how quickly it will spread over the rest of Europe.

I haven't heard from our Chinese colleagues (and/or agent) yet. Also our own Dutch contact with China (and surroundings) in his portofolio stayed in the Netherlands for January 2020 (suffered from a medical issue, other than this virus).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2020, 12:45:24 AM »

Germany just confirmed first case of the Coronavirus.

https://www.nu.nl/buitenl...ting-met-coronavirus.html
https://www.stmgp.bayern....sschutzmassnahmen-laufen/

Translated as:
"...Confirmed coronavirus case in Bavaria - infection control measures in progress
A man from the district of Starnberg has been infected with the new type of corona virus. This was pointed out late Monday evening by a spokesman for the Bavarian Ministry of Health in Munich.

According to the "Task Force Infectiology" of the State Office for Health and Food Safety (LGL), the patient is in good clinical condition. It is monitored medically and is isolated. The close contacts are cleared up and informed about possible symptoms, hygiene measures and transmission channels.

The "Task Force Infectiology" of the LGL and the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) currently consider the risk for the Bavarian population to be infected with the new type of corona virus to be low.

The Bavarian Ministry of Health and the LGL will invite the media to a press conference tomorrow morning (Tuesday, January 28) at the Ministry's Munich office (Haidenauplatz 1, 81667 Munich). Then there is the possibility for questions of the media. The time will be announced early Tuesday morning..."

The Netherlands is scaling up to the highest level of coronavirus vigilance

https://www.nu.nl/binnenl...heid-met-coronavirus.html

From now on the coronavirus is referred to as a so-called A disease, writes Minister Bruno Bruins for Medical Care in a letter to Parliament on Monday evening. Bruins has been advised by the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) to scale up to the highest level of vigilance.

Follow the latest developments in our live blog, where NU.nl editors keep you informed on a daily basis.

As a result of the measure, healthcare professionals will have a direct obligation to report to the municipal health service (GGD) if there are indications that a patient may be carrying the virus. In this way, the government wants to see possible patients as quickly as possible in order to prevent further spread.

Potentially infected people can be forced into hospital or placed in isolation. All Dutch hospitals have the necessary isolation rooms, according to Bruins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 127   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: