Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 130   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coronavirus outbreak  (Read 111500 times)
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1800 on: May 17, 2020, 02:47:33 PM »

Happy birthday Principessa!

We are having a small family only party for Mini today. I tried baking a cake! It looks okay except one layer almost fell apart...

Happy Birthday Mini!
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1801 on: May 18, 2020, 03:47:15 PM »

Phase two starting here today: restaurants opening with limited chairs and extra rules, day care and high schools opening with new rules and after all staff nationwide was tested and cleared.

For the past two weeks, the whole phase one, numbers were steady and hospitalizations are declining. So government moved foward with the next stage. Fingers crossed Thumb up

On a side note: I am avoiding shopping at big chains and supporting local businesses, for food and basic products. They are the ones in need of support. I thnk big supermarket chains are thriving here. Small businesses took the biggest hit and they need a bost.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1802 on: May 20, 2020, 01:58:10 AM »

I'm seeing reports that Captain Tom Moore will be knighted.  The reports say that the official announcement will come later today (Wednesday).  Hopefully they go all out and make him a Knight Grand Cross and not the lower grade of Knight Commander.  My guess is it will be in the Order of the British Empire.  Congratulation to Captain Sir Thomas Moore.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #1803 on: May 20, 2020, 02:00:00 AM »

I wish I could shop at small stores, but they have all been closed and many will never re-open. Not essential, but I can go to Walmart or Target, of course...

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1804 on: May 20, 2020, 02:36:10 AM »

I'm seeing reports that Captain Tom Moore will be knighted.  The reports say that the official announcement will come later today (Wednesday).  Hopefully they go all out and make him a Knight Grand Cross and not the lower grade of Knight Commander.  My guess is it will be in the Order of the British Empire.  Congratulation to Captain Sir Thomas Moore.

This was such great, happy news this afternoon!  So pleased for him!  It’s great to see something positive come out of this awful situation! 
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1805 on: May 20, 2020, 03:18:28 AM »

Did he single handedly, more or less, raise nearly £40M pounds? From smallish donations

That’s impressive by any standard but spectacular for someone 100.

He deserves it for uniting people and sharing a joy and heart. I’ve loved following his story. A little bright spot in all the grim news.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1806 on: May 20, 2020, 03:29:01 AM »

https://www.justgiving.co...raising/tomswalkforthenhs

£32M but yeah...and over 1.5M supporters.

Update...

Check this out. Captain Tom and family have started a foundation.  https://captaintom.org/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 05:06:09 AM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1807 on: May 20, 2020, 10:08:05 AM »

This week help from a nice neighbour with putting up IKEA furniture Smiley

Unfortunately due to some issues a bit delay. But in the meantime the guy went enthusiastic outing ideas, drawing, designing etc. for a build in wooden desk for my appartement. Including drawers and shelves. I am ok with it and we will see. He also offered to build it, with only material costs. But for now I need a cleaned up space and some rest. As currently I am still living in a mess. It feels like it is dragging on and there need to be a kind of closure. So I told him that and also gave him an additional challenge. Designing something for the weird bar between my living room and kitchen.

It seems I have a lot op men in my surroundings with a passion for working with wood  Laugh bounce

Glad to read that you're making some progress on the apartment renovation principessa. I know that living in the midst of the mess is trying, but hang in there. Thumb up

Unfortunately I went over my limits, boundaries this time again. During my birthday and the past couple of days I mainly slept. Just wanted to stay in my bed and do nothing. Many in my surrounding, especially my direct family, has warned me to keep a ritme (enough sleep, eat at fixed times etc). But apparently it is hard for me to keep this limits for myself.

And it keeps going on. Lately we noticed one of the laminate boards didn't click well and needs aftercare. Fortunately one of the previous helpers wants to help me with this.

Also the weird bar between my kitchen and living room has sustained more damage during renovating than expected. Now something really has to be done to it. As already noted by handymen in my surrounding it remains strange that someone glues chipboard on a bar ..... A little moisture and the chipboard swells. Which has now happened to a greater extent. It already had sustained some smaller damage through a flowervase which had fell (and was only noticed by me after a day). I decided to leave it this way for a while (perhaps until I move once). But now the damage is too big. Wondering how to get the board off neatly.....Or how we can disguise it. I personally do not want to remove the complete bar, as it provides a neat boundary between the both living areas (and disguises my dustbin and related stuff Wink Smiley ) Also then I really have to change the laminate....

As many remarked, many of the stuff I do and/or looking at are really the responsibility of my landlady. But I do not get this through to her and I also do not want to make the relationship with her too bad/ sour.

Currently I am also still busy putting my stuff back into the living room and kitchen. And that takes me more time and effort than thought before. Also because of the previous described set back. The big furniture (with exception of my office chair, I still need a protection mat) is already there.  I also have to get rid of some stuff. Among others I have too many books.  Fortunately a friend offered to help me with redecorating the rooms. And indicated that if it doesn't fit (anymore) = get rid of it. And in some cases I am a little bit of a hoarder Wink

Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1808 on: May 20, 2020, 07:11:54 PM »

Spare a thought today for the areas and the inhabitants currently flooded out from the breeches of Edenville and Sanford Dams in Michigan.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/...n-dam-breaches/index.html

We used to live south of Sandford, with the river not far to the west and a creek to the east. I am sure our former home has been flooded by now.

There are shelters being set up - but it's a scary situation in these times.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1809 on: May 20, 2020, 11:26:49 PM »

Ireland is in the first phase of re-opening and today was my first experience of wearing a mask. Face-coverings (in shops and on public transport) are advised but are not obligatory and the government has been careful to say that nobody must be harangued for not wearing one. I could not see that happening anyway but they said it. Anyway, it was a strange experience as I have never worn such a thing before and I felt a little bit as if people looked at me how I look at people who wear sunglasses indoors Smiley The majority of people were not wearing a covering but as long as people keep to the distance then I think it's ok. I imagine that in later phases when more places are open then more people will think to wear them.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Salvia microphylla 'Hot Lips'

Ignore
« Reply #1810 on: May 21, 2020, 12:11:11 AM »

So the emergency home repairs company I've been working at has a highly placed (in the company) supervisor who sits directly in front of me separated by a cubicle wall. Monday she wasn't at work and I didn't think much of it. Yesterday (Tuesday), late in the day, I overheard a conversation between the owner of the company and the receptionist that this woman's husband has either got Covid-19 or has been exposed to it. I asked in a surprise voice "___ has been exposed to it?" and was told in a mumbling way that her husband was exposed and that she was being tested. This made me uncomfortable but it was late in the day and I was a bit in shock. I came back in this morning and no one was there except me and said receptionist and one other employee who left for the field right away. I asked the receptionist where everyone was and got a non committal answer. I asked if ___'s husband had it or was only exposed, again the brush off, this time I was told I had to talk to the owner of the company (who was, of course, 'out in the field'). I said I was uncomfortable staying there and said I would come back after the owner told me what was going on.

Is it unreasonable of me to be mad that I wasn't told first thing Monday morning there was a possibility someone in the office had been exposed?
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #1811 on: May 21, 2020, 12:23:11 AM »

So the emergency home repairs company I've been working at has a highly placed (in the company) supervisor who sits directly in front of me separated by a cubicle wall. Monday she wasn't at work and I didn't think much of it. Yesterday (Tuesday), late in the day, I overheard a conversation between the owner of the company and the receptionist that this woman's husband has either got Covid-19 or has been exposed to it. I asked in a surprise voice "___ has been exposed to it?" and was told in a mumbling way that her husband was exposed and that she was being tested. This made me uncomfortable but it was late in the day and I was a bit in shock. I came back in this morning and no one was there except me and said receptionist and one other employee who left for the field right away. I asked the receptionist where everyone was and got a non committal answer. I asked if ___'s husband had it or was only exposed, again the brush off, this time I was told I had to talk to the owner of the company (who was, of course, 'out in the field'). I said I was comfortable staying there and said I would come back after the owner told me what was going on.

Is it unreasonable of me to be mad that I wasn't told first thing Monday morning there was a possibility someone in the office had been exposed?
KC, this is NUTS!!! They should have called everyone and alerted them. That is what contact tracing is. Stay safe. KC. Take your Vitamin C, Zinc, soak up the sun, wear a mask (best made from unwoven fabrics or 3layers of high-thread count cotton)  even at home since you have family at home. I have no idea what the self-isolation/quarantine guidelines are in the US.  Stay at home until you know what is going on at work?

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1812 on: May 21, 2020, 12:45:25 AM »

So the emergency home repairs company I've been working at has a highly placed (in the company) supervisor who sits directly in front of me separated by a cubicle wall. Monday she wasn't at work and I didn't think much of it. Yesterday (Tuesday), late in the day, I overheard a conversation between the owner of the company and the receptionist that this woman's husband has either got Covid-19 or has been exposed to it. I asked in a surprise voice "___ has been exposed to it?" and was told in a mumbling way that her husband was exposed and that she was being tested. This made me uncomfortable but it was late in the day and I was a bit in shock. I came back in this morning and no one was there except me and said receptionist and one other employee who left for the field right away. I asked the receptionist where everyone was and got a non committal answer. I asked if ___'s husband had it or was only exposed, again the brush off, this time I was told I had to talk to the owner of the company (who was, of course, 'out in the field'). I said I was comfortable staying there and said I would come back after the owner told me what was going on.

KC, this is NUTS!!! They should have called everyone and alerted them. That is what contact tracing is. Stay safe. KC. Take your Vitamin C, Zinc, soak up the sun, wear a mask (best made from unwoven fabrics or 3layers of high-thread count cotton)  even at home since you have family at home. I have no idea what the self-isolation/quarantine guidelines are in the US.  Stay at home until you know what is going on at work?

I just got off the phone with the owner of the company, he said he couldn't release information about whether she was exposed or positive. I'm getting on the phone right now to contact the health department. Evil, evil man.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1813 on: May 21, 2020, 12:57:24 AM »

I just got off the phone with the owner of the company, he said he couldn't release information about whether she was exposed or positive. I'm getting on the phone right now to contact the health department. Evil, evil man.

Hug Very wise to contact the Health Department. Prayers ascending.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1814 on: May 21, 2020, 02:07:39 AM »

Hug Very wise to contact the Health Department. Prayers ascending.

Thank you, very much appreciated. I have an appointment to get tested in the morning.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 130   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: