Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 129   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coronavirus outbreak  (Read 108489 times)
MarieQueenie

Warned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1860 on: May 29, 2020, 05:46:30 AM »

Thank you for your posts. In New York, it's really hard.
I'm reading this poor author of Royal Foibles, it's heartbreaking to see how much he's struggling to survive.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #1861 on: May 29, 2020, 05:54:05 AM »

Oh, his request posts are so sad.

I can only imagine how many people are struggling now because of our reactions to this that took away our right to live, be educated, work, make money.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1862 on: May 29, 2020, 07:09:26 AM »

I know many countries are struggling with this virus. I am so glad that the Aussie government decided to act so strongly (even if WHO accused it of being racist by shutting the border to people from China back in January) and declaring covid 19 a pandemic two weeks before WHO did so.

Now we are seeing a permanent change to the way the countries leaders will interact. Back in March the twice yearly COAG meeting (heads of the state, territory and federal governments) decided to create a national cabinet to deal with the crisis. It initially met two or three times a week with the PM addressing the nation afterwards. Over the weeks the cabinet meet less and less and so we were addressed on fewer occasions. Today the national cabinet meet and one major decision was that it would continue as a permanent body while COAG will no longer meet (COAG generally meet to discuss the financial funding of the states/territories from the federal government) but the national cabinet will meet monthly. Hopefully it will ensure a smoother running of the country.

It is great to see so much of the lock down now being lifted down under - but then there is the issue of flu season about to hit so hopefully we won't get a second wave at the same time.

Last night was great to see the Rugby League back. I remember a month or so back when the Rugby League first said '28th May' for the restart and a lot of people laughed but where there is a will there is a way and the five governments - NSW, Qld, Vic, ACT and New Zealand - came to the party and back it was. Of course there were no crowds in the grounds but the home team put up a large screen in a nearby car park and allowed the members to attend there as a 'drive-in' with the game on the large screen and social distancing happening while people were able to cheer their team. I suspect there will be more of that as most grounds do have sizeable carparks so that could be a possible way to have people 'gather' for the game but still socially distance. The Aussie Rules will be back in a couple of weeks as well with both grandfinals in late October and both are angling for crowds of around 30,000 (the stadia hold between 80 and 110,000 depend on whether it is Sydney or Melbourne).
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1863 on: May 29, 2020, 04:23:33 PM »

Don't lose hope my friends. We will emerge stronger from this crisis. Hugs to everyone needing some  Hug Hug

Good news at least here - after three weeks of a first phase the lockdown is now nearly over. Cafés and restaurants, motels, public gardens, all museums, libraries and public beaches open next Tuesday. No more "Don't travel more than 100 km around home" rule.

Cinemas and theaters still closed though. Same for sports events still cancelled.
Wearing masks and social distancing are strongly recommended.

All of these because the daily cases and deaths didn't soar since May 11th and the end of the strict lockdown.

Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1864 on: May 29, 2020, 05:06:45 PM »

With antibody testing, Ohio has now moved up it's earliest known Covid 19 case to Jan 2nd. It was in Warren County, which is just northeast of Cincinnati.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1865 on: May 29, 2020, 08:13:32 PM »

Monkeys steal Covid-19 samples from lab. We are living in a dystopian novel or the Onion.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1219057585707315201

https://timesofindia.indi.../articleshow/76089970.cms
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1866 on: May 29, 2020, 10:53:34 PM »

Glad you are okay. I don't personally know anyone who has had coronavirus. It's all third hand and what I read. We had a discussion about returning to work today--I got depressed. Only so many people in the building at a time, wear a mask all day, stay away from colleagues. It's one thing to be at home (which I'm sick of, but only because I'm not alone). I'm afraid if they don't start high school the normal way, my daughter will just give up on school and have only an 8th grade education. Which was fine in 1910, it was a feat to get even that. But now?

So I started to reform my eating habits bc I now have the quarantine fifteen. Went well for the first 24 hours until I decided I needed some pop tarts. *sigh*

My sister lost a close friend, who was nurse, and my father also lost a friend and my grandparents too lost neighbours at the beginning. I was sad to hear today that a former colleague of me died in the UK and even more sad his family is in Singapore so he was alone. But I strongly believe that the lockdown has saved many many many lives and sadly there will be also be deaths caused by the damage to the economy and by depression and other illness and that is really awful.

My company is talking about the reopening - the same idea as for you Paulina. I do not want to return because I volunteer with some 'old' people and this would have to stop. I am lucky for now because I do not need to be in an office. Some of my colleagues really miss the 'social interaction' but the office cafe will stay closed, no meeting rooms open etc. so I do not know if it is worth.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1867 on: May 29, 2020, 11:10:37 PM »

Yes, Mariola. That's what some were saying in our staff zoom yesterday, wondering if we even have to go in at all anymore. I want to go in. I like talking to adults. At this very moment, in my bedroom/"office," I am wedged between two teens in different rooms playing music and hip hop with too much base. Different songs at the same time, of course. They don't really believe I'm working when I am "just at my computer all day."   Crazy

Last day of "school" was yesterday--so now they don't feel they have to be quiet for me?
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #1868 on: May 29, 2020, 11:19:05 PM »

It is all absolutely insane and has no basis in science or reality - even these fools who yell about THE SCIENCE yet say the CDC is lying about the IFR when they announced it is very, very low indeed. Our county extended their stupid stay at home order despite having only one to two new positive cases per day and expanding testing considerably. I know quite a few people who have killed themselves now. Businesses are gone for good. Jobs are gone for good. What will we do then? Nobody cares about second order effects, or the fact that lockdowns and this kind of behavior is worse than the damn virus.

This 'new normal' thing will make me kill myself, truly, if it doesn't stop. Why should we bother living if we cannot interact? If our children cannot be in school? If we must wear masks everywhere we go? If we have no rights except those our benevolent dictators say we do, and  can take them away at any moment? It's so depressing.

Mr Ellie wants to go back to work in the office, but that will probably not happen. He is so lucky he has his job. Other friends at other companies have lost theirs, for good. The reaction to this thing was so overwrought and has destroyed so much.

Lock-down is eased to Level 3 from next week despite increasing infection rates and fatality rates.  The staggered re-opening of schools starts next week with grade combinations progressively returning. Options are being given to  parents, by some institutions, of online or physical classes. We are in our winter. I have no idea what the future holds. I have staff who depend on me for the livelihoods. They have not returned to work yet. One of them sounded very depressed / resigned when last we spoke. They are all concerned about how they will be feed their children, pay the bills, stay healthy. The economy  was in the doldrums before COVID-19. Sink or swim.

I have been able to to work through the Lockdown. The company can still pay salaries. Our variable operating expenses have decreased drastically. We plan for a virtual world in as many things as we can. We do not believe this will be the last pandemic. All we can hope for is that we will be more resilient when it arrives.

In the meantime, the midday day sun is beautiful  despite the winter. At least Vitamin D3 is free, green tea not so expensive and Citrus rich fruits abundant. The little mercies. One day at a time.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1869 on: May 30, 2020, 11:17:33 PM »

Monkeys steal Covid-19 samples from lab. We are living in a dystopian novel or the Onion.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1219057585707315201

https://timesofindia.indi.../articleshow/76089970.cms

Paulina , you win the Internet.  Star
I now think a dystopian novel and the Onion are the same thing.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #1870 on: May 30, 2020, 11:51:53 PM »

One more day and I am officially on vacation!  Tomorrow is Day 126 and, come tomorrow evening, I finally get a break....

It can't come soon enough.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1871 on: May 31, 2020, 12:03:03 AM »

One more day and I am officially on vacation!  Tomorrow is Day 126 and, come tomorrow evening, I finally get a break....

Madam, your carriage awaits ...  Champagne Smiley
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1872 on: May 31, 2020, 12:10:22 AM »

Supercontent   Jumping   Supercontent   Jumping

Go Spoonie!  Enjoy your day off!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #1873 on: May 31, 2020, 12:15:51 AM »

Spoonie, EA, Aubiette, I have no idea how you do what you do! #Endurance # Courage  Star Star Star
Enjoy your time off, Spoonie. Hug

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1874 on: May 31, 2020, 12:44:34 AM »

I went back to work last Monday. Voluntary return for school-leavers only. About half of them are attending lessons, some having  admitted they were looking forward to meeting their pals.We must all wear masks and there's lots of disinfecting gels  everywhere and more cleaning after each period. I felt scared when I learned that I would have to go back. Then I thought that it would be bound to happen eventually and  I remembered  all the people who have been there all the time. I am content  it has turned out well so far . It feels "almost" normal. More paperwork   *sigh*
Most people  have respected lockdown strictly but now that it is being gradually eased, some (a few, I hope) are not taking it seriously. Crowded beaches ,squares and terraces, no masks or social distancing. And (most) holiday-makers have not arrived yet.The media  say that there could be a second outbreak mid-July or so, milder perhaps. I hope not, not anywhere.
Take care.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 129   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: