Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 92   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coronavirus outbreak  (Read 60445 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1080 on: March 26, 2020, 12:09:54 AM »

Well one friend dead of it, 48 hours after being admitted to the hospital. My job works with the police so I still go in, luckily I work graveyards so no one else is in the office.

So sorry for your loss kpzra.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1081 on: March 26, 2020, 12:13:43 AM »

Sorry for your loss kpzra Hug

G Hug

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1082 on: March 26, 2020, 02:47:01 AM »

Then there are multiple studies out there suggesting 50-70% of the population has been infected (most probably this has been in the States since January), and it seems to be indicated in trends where there is more testing especially in Europe and the US now that it is ramping up. That's a good thing because it means herd immunity will develop, and the fatality rate is A LOT lower than initial estimates - just like when we were dealing with SARS. Those studies - and there are multiple of them - seem to suggest the fatality rate will be around 0.5 - 0.8% last I read. We're also not just developing a vaccine but have developed a protocol in treatment that seems to be working. In the midst of it it's hard to see the positives especially when the news media won't talk about them; positive news doesn't get as much attention.

I've read other studies saying that they do expect the virus to die down in different weather. Nobody can agree on that.

I think like SARS it will die out.

I'm no scientist or anything but I know people who are. They seem the calmest about this where the rest of us are stuck in the midst of it only seeing doomsday.
I agree with this. It's very hard to tell the number in the general population who are actually infected, and thus impossible to pin down the fatality rate. They had the former head of NIH on satellite radio. His take was that the two cruise ships that had been held in quarantine posed a better control group. You know exactly the number of the population. You know exactly the number that tested positive. You know the exact death rate. It works out to .5%
jnozak

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1083 on: March 26, 2020, 06:48:25 AM »

I am so sorry for loss, kprza.
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #1084 on: March 26, 2020, 08:56:52 AM »

Australia is heading into autumn and winter. So we will have our normal flu season on top of the virus.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1085 on: March 26, 2020, 09:29:49 AM »

Australia is heading into autumn and winter. So we will have our normal flu season on top of the virus.

Yes I've already had a pneumonia episode at beginning of month... if I could get home delivery I would stay home for several months...
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #1086 on: March 26, 2020, 09:44:38 AM »

Australia's bushfires, now flu season. Its not easy times for you  Sad

Can not wait for the covid-19 to be over!!! Everyday's life is turned totally upside down and there's no certainty when it will be over or what our lives will be After. We wait for the spring and warmer, sunny weather, hope it will help to stop the spread and we can turn back to our everyday life.

In the meantime we keep distance, work from home wheneever possible, we call or skype, do not visit in person, wash hands, read, listen to the music, help our immune system to stay strong. So lets stay safe, strong and well!
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1087 on: March 26, 2020, 10:10:52 AM »

For some lighthearted corona advice, comedian Matt Lucas presents the Baked Potato song (which I've now had stuck in my head for 12 hours):

https://twitter.com/RealM...tatus/1242543250533203968

#stayhomesavelives
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1088 on: March 26, 2020, 10:50:28 AM »

Well one friend dead of it, 48 hours after being admitted to the hospital. My job works with the police so I still go in, luckily I work graveyards so no one else is in the office.
So sorry, kpzra. Take care.  Hug
Curtains

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1089 on: March 26, 2020, 05:18:30 PM »

My God, I am so sorry, kpzra.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Curtains

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1090 on: March 26, 2020, 05:20:53 PM »

Three days ago, we were at 16 cases in my county.  Now we are at 87.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #1091 on: March 26, 2020, 06:15:26 PM »

Bad news today, the infection rate has increased again, even if the victims rate has decreased. The growth is once again in Lombardy. We are told that the full effect of restrictions will be visible come April 4; we are also told that we are very close to the peak.  Cry
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1092 on: March 26, 2020, 06:22:51 PM »

I just saw it in the news Tatini. It was not a big jump, to keep strong and have hope! "Outlyers" days always happens, hold on and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day Hug

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #1093 on: March 26, 2020, 06:26:21 PM »

Thank you Thistle.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #1094 on: March 26, 2020, 06:30:35 PM »

Hang in there, Tatini. We’ll all get through it together soon!

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 92   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: