Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 130   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coronavirus outbreak  (Read 111502 times)
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1815 on: May 21, 2020, 02:14:10 AM »

So the emergency home repairs company I've been working at has a highly placed (in the company) supervisor who sits directly in front of me separated by a cubicle wall. Monday she wasn't at work and I didn't think much of it. Yesterday (Tuesday), late in the day, I overheard a conversation between the owner of the company and the receptionist that this woman's husband has either got Covid-19 or has been exposed to it. I asked in a surprise voice "___ has been exposed to it?" and was told in a mumbling way that her husband was exposed and that she was being tested. This made me uncomfortable but it was late in the day and I was a bit in shock. I came back in this morning and no one was there except me and said receptionist and one other employee who left for the field right away. I asked the receptionist where everyone was and got a non committal answer. I asked if ___'s husband had it or was only exposed, again the brush off, this time I was told I had to talk to the owner of the company (who was, of course, 'out in the field'). I said I was comfortable staying there and said I would come back after the owner told me what was going on.

Is it unreasonable of me to be mad that I wasn't told first thing Monday morning there was a possibility someone in the office had been exposed?
KC, this is NUTS!!! They should have called everyone and alerted them. That is what contact tracing is. Stay safe. KC. Take your Vitamin C, Zinc, soak up the sun, wear a mask (best made from unwoven fabrics or 3layers of high-thread count cotton)  even at home since you have family at home. I have no idea what the self-isolation/quarantine guidelines are in the US.  Stay at home until you know what is going on at work?

I just got off the phone with the owner of the company, he said he couldn't release information about whether she was exposed or positive. I'm getting on the phone right now to contact the health department. Evil, evil man.

Hug Very wise to contact the Health Department. Prayers ascending.

Thank you, very much appreciated. I have an appointment to get tested in the morning.

Oh KC please let us know what is the outcome of your test.

yes. Evil. eevil man  Dead

G Hug

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Curtains

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1816 on: May 21, 2020, 02:36:04 AM »

So as part of being at home due to coronavirus, I figured my sweetie and I could tackle cleaning out the shed, which we really havenít done since we moved in 4 - 1/2 years ago.  The last people had left all kinds of pool toys and chemicals and whatever else, and it needed an airing and a scrubbing.

Pulled all the stuff out and there were mouse droppings and one of the center boards had some termite damage.  No big deal.  Scrubbed out the mouse droppings with bleach (avoiding potential hantavirus by using my PPE) and asked our handyman to replace the board.

He came, showed me some other areas with termites, suggested we replace it.  Ordered a new shed, about $3K.  Sigh well thatís OK.  He came back with his crew to dismantle and pull down the shed.  They opened a wall and OMG it was TEEMING with termites, the whole thing was just infested.  SCREAM but it was done.  The short chain link fence behind the shed (shed was against it) was now exposed.  Too short for current standards, so we replaced it with a 6í Cedar fence (has to be 6í because of the pool). $1K.

So the termites just vanished and I thought oh no they didnít.  Got two different groups come out to inspect.  The second one bored a hole near the shed and ran a light down.  So I got to see underground! Did you all know that termites create enormous underground lairs that can tunnel huge colonies, like the size of a football field?  And that the queens live more than 20 years and lay between 20K and 30K eggs a DAY?  Yeah.  Well, we got one of them enormo lairs out there, and what I have seen, you donít want to see.  I may never sleep again.  They were beginning to tunnel toward the house.

And now we have estimates to protect our house which involves drilling 2í deep trenched bores around the entire perimeter of our house to inject odorless tasteless poisons for the blind worker termites to carry back to feed their queen and since there are millions of them, it will take 3-6 months for enough of this poison to get to her.  Anywhere that is covered with concrete will need to be drilled through to inject, like the inside perimeter of the garages.  The site of the new shed will also be heavily treated, as will all the fencing around the yard.  Team of four, 8 hours, $2K.

Then we can put up the shed.

Then we can open the pool.

Letís do the math, shall we?

New shed, $3K.  New fence, $1k.  Termite treatment, $2K.  Labor for the fence and shed, $1K.  $7K in total

$7,000.  All started because I wanted to clean old pool toys out of the shed.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Salvia microphylla 'Hot Lips'

Ignore
« Reply #1817 on: May 21, 2020, 03:53:07 AM »

So the emergency home repairs company I've been working at has a highly placed (in the company) supervisor who sits directly in front of me separated by a cubicle wall. Monday she wasn't at work and I didn't think much of it. Yesterday (Tuesday), late in the day, I overheard a conversation between the owner of the company and the receptionist that this woman's husband has either got Covid-19 or has been exposed to it. I asked in a surprise voice "___ has been exposed to it?" and was told in a mumbling way that her husband was exposed and that she was being tested. This made me uncomfortable but it was late in the day and I was a bit in shock. I came back in this morning and no one was there except me and said receptionist and one other employee who left for the field right away. I asked the receptionist where everyone was and got a non committal answer. I asked if ___'s husband had it or was only exposed, again the brush off, this time I was told I had to talk to the owner of the company (who was, of course, 'out in the field'). I said I was comfortable staying there and said I would come back after the owner told me what was going on.

Is it unreasonable of me to be mad that I wasn't told first thing Monday morning there was a possibility someone in the office had been exposed?
KC, this is NUTS!!! They should have called everyone and alerted them. That is what contact tracing is. Stay safe. KC. Take your Vitamin C, Zinc, soak up the sun, wear a mask (best made from unwoven fabrics or 3layers of high-thread count cotton)  even at home since you have family at home. I have no idea what the self-isolation/quarantine guidelines are in the US.  Stay at home until you know what is going on at work?

I just got off the phone with the owner of the company, he said he couldn't release information about whether she was exposed or positive. I'm getting on the phone right now to contact the health department. Evil, evil man.

Hug Very wise to contact the Health Department. Prayers ascending.

Thank you, very much appreciated. I have an appointment to get tested in the morning.

Oh KC please let us know what is the outcome of your test.

yes. Evil. eevil man  Dead

G Hug

Thanks Geta, I will Hug

OMG Curtains, you poor thing!  Yikes I've seen queen termites, hideous! Definitely the stuff of nightmares. Hug
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1818 on: May 21, 2020, 06:29:24 AM »

So as part of being at home due to coronavirus, I figured my sweetie and I could tackle cleaning out the shed, which we really havenít done since we moved in 4 - 1/2 years ago.  The last people had left all kinds of pool toys and chemicals and whatever else, and it needed an airing and a scrubbing.

Pulled all the stuff out and there were mouse droppings and one of the center boards had some termite damage.  No big deal.  Scrubbed out the mouse droppings with bleach (avoiding potential hantavirus by using my PPE) and asked our handyman to replace the board.

He came, showed me some other areas with termites, suggested we replace it.  Ordered a new shed, about $3K.  Sigh well thatís OK.  He came back with his crew to dismantle and pull down the shed.  They opened a wall and OMG it was TEEMING with termites, the whole thing was just infested.  SCREAM but it was done.  The short chain link fence behind the shed (shed was against it) was now exposed.  Too short for current standards, so we replaced it with a 6í Cedar fence (has to be 6í because of the pool). $1K.

So the termites just vanished and I thought oh no they didnít.  Got two different groups come out to inspect.  The second one bored a hole near the shed and ran a light down.  So I got to see underground! Did you all know that termites create enormous underground lairs that can tunnel huge colonies, like the size of a football field?  And that the queens live more than 20 years and lay between 20K and 30K eggs a DAY?  Yeah.  Well, we got one of them enormo lairs out there, and what I have seen, you donít want to see.  I may never sleep again.  They were beginning to tunnel toward the house.

And now we have estimates to protect our house which involves drilling 2í deep trenched bores around the entire perimeter of our house to inject odorless tasteless poisons for the blind worker termites to carry back to feed their queen and since there are millions of them, it will take 3-6 months for enough of this poison to get to her.  Anywhere that is covered with concrete will need to be drilled through to inject, like the inside perimeter of the garages.  The site of the new shed will also be heavily treated, as will all the fencing around the yard.  Team of four, 8 hours, $2K.

New shed, $3K.  New fence, $1k.  Termite treatment, $2K.  Labor for the fence and shed, $1K.  $7K in total

$7,000.  All started because I wanted to clean old pool toys out of the shed.

poor curtains  Hug

next time, as we say in vernacular over this end of the pond, take a Bex and lie down, Luv 

toys look roooly nice in the shed   Wink

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1819 on: May 21, 2020, 07:22:16 AM »

So as part of being at home due to coronavirus, I figured my sweetie and I could tackle cleaning out the shed, which we really havenít done since we moved in 4 - 1/2 years ago.  The last people had left all kinds of pool toys and chemicals and whatever else, and it needed an airing and a scrubbing.

Pulled all the stuff out and there were mouse droppings and one of the center boards had some termite damage.  No big deal.  Scrubbed out the mouse droppings with bleach (avoiding potential hantavirus by using my PPE) and asked our handyman to replace the board.

He came, showed me some other areas with termites, suggested we replace it.  Ordered a new shed, about $3K.  Sigh well thatís OK.  He came back with his crew to dismantle and pull down the shed.  They opened a wall and OMG it was TEEMING with termites, the whole thing was just infested.  SCREAM but it was done.  The short chain link fence behind the shed (shed was against it) was now exposed.  Too short for current standards, so we replaced it with a 6í Cedar fence (has to be 6í because of the pool). $1K.

So the termites just vanished and I thought oh no they didnít.  Got two different groups come out to inspect.  The second one bored a hole near the shed and ran a light down.  So I got to see underground! Did you all know that termites create enormous underground lairs that can tunnel huge colonies, like the size of a football field?  And that the queens live more than 20 years and lay between 20K and 30K eggs a DAY?  Yeah.  Well, we got one of them enormo lairs out there, and what I have seen, you donít want to see.  I may never sleep again.  They were beginning to tunnel toward the house.

And now we have estimates to protect our house which involves drilling 2í deep trenched bores around the entire perimeter of our house to inject odorless tasteless poisons for the blind worker termites to carry back to feed their queen and since there are millions of them, it will take 3-6 months for enough of this poison to get to her.  Anywhere that is covered with concrete will need to be drilled through to inject, like the inside perimeter of the garages.  The site of the new shed will also be heavily treated, as will all the fencing around the yard.  Team of four, 8 hours, $2K.

New shed, $3K.  New fence, $1k.  Termite treatment, $2K.  Labor for the fence and shed, $1K.  $7K in total

😱 omg!! I need to replace my deck that I know has termites. Now Iím afraid. You told that so well, though.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1820 on: May 21, 2020, 03:43:22 PM »

It's known as the bathroom lightbulb effect . . . you go to change a lightbulb, and then decide the fixture needs replaced - then the wiring's bad which leads new wiring, and since you're tearing walls out you find the plumbings bad  . . .  you get the gist.

But you did find the little buggers before they got to the house.  Yes

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1821 on: May 22, 2020, 02:42:04 AM »

Star For KC and Curtains.

Iím sorry I canít vaccinate KC and kill the termite invasion for Curtains.  Hug To you both!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1822 on: May 22, 2020, 04:26:41 PM »

Can I just say, for the amount of damage and the size of the colony $7grand do seem ok? While reading your post I mentally started counting and I was surprised that your total figure wasn't a LOT higher.
We had a wasp nest removed once and we were in the $X000 ball park then, with several men working several hours and having to put on protective gear...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #1823 on: May 22, 2020, 07:52:37 PM »

Day 116.  9 more days and I get to down tools and have a week off from work.

I may day drink.  And I may pester you all.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1824 on: May 22, 2020, 08:33:20 PM »

Pester away, Spoonie.. and if I may quote the wonderful Llyod Bridges:
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking

https://www.google.de/url...Vaw3Ffmil08erj7sSRLpUXUMG

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1825 on: May 22, 2020, 08:38:02 PM »

Rev up the Lesburu, corral the squirrels, lay in the champagne ... We is taking FTS for a weeklong joyride!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1826 on: May 23, 2020, 01:21:09 AM »

Murphy's law? Good luck!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1827 on: May 23, 2020, 01:21:40 AM »

Rev up the Lesburu, corral the squirrels, lay in the champagne ... We is taking FTS for a weeklong joyride!

Laughing
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Salvia microphylla 'Hot Lips'

Ignore
« Reply #1828 on: May 23, 2020, 02:44:36 AM »

I just got a 5:20 pm on a holiday Friday voicemail from my POS boss telling me that I have indeed been exposed to Covid-19. My hands are shaking as I type this. I've felt really out of it all day.

He's in so much trouble and it won't even be from me other than I'm the one who blew the whistle. Holy crap, what is wrong with people?
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #1829 on: May 23, 2020, 02:55:47 AM »

You'll be okay  Hug 

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 130   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: