Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 127   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coronavirus outbreak  (Read 99375 times)
karma chamelion

Huge Member

United States United States

Henry "Hotspur" Percy Esperance en Dieu

Ignore
« Reply #1830 on: May 23, 2020, 02:59:22 AM »

You'll be okay  Hug  

Of course, but still! LOL I'm too ornery for some little amoeba get the best of me, that goes for the virus, too. My boss is in sooooooo much trouble.

Correction: ex-boss

We are made of the love of thousands.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1831 on: May 23, 2020, 03:03:01 AM »

Oh KC...

First...Hug

Second...you get him girl.  That slimeball deserve to have the book thrown at him.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1832 on: May 23, 2020, 03:08:35 AM »

I won't have to do a thing, the WA State Dept of Health knows the timeline now and how he bungled it.

I wonder if he would have announced it if I hadn't called his bluff and got tested. My poor throat, it already hurt and I just yelled some really choice profanity at the top of my lungs for a few minutes.

Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #1833 on: May 23, 2020, 03:19:04 AM »

I won't have to do a thing, the WA State Dept of Health knows the timeline now and how he bungled it.

I wonder if he would have announced it if I hadn't called his bluff and got tested. My poor throat, it already hurt and I just yelled some really choice profanity at the top of my lungs for a few minutes.

Hot tea with some honey for that throat.  Yes   Hug

To quote Will Shakespeare - the truth will out.

Not all heroes wear capes. Some of them wear scrubs. Some of them wear uniforms. And some of them wear what you're wearing right now. Dr. Amy Acton
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1834 on: May 23, 2020, 03:23:36 AM »

All the very best to you, karma chameleon  Hug
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1835 on: May 23, 2020, 03:24:57 AM »

Oh KC Iím so sorry!  Hug

You are strong and will be okay.
Curtains

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1836 on: May 23, 2020, 03:27:12 AM »

I just got a 5:20 pm on a holiday Friday voicemail from my POS boss telling me that I have indeed been exposed to Covid-19. My hands are shaking as I type this. I've felt really out of it all day.

He's in so much trouble and it won't even be from me other than I'm the one who blew the whistle. Holy crap, what is wrong with people?

KC, first off, huge hugs and then some more hugs.

Secondly, do whatever you need to do right now to feel safer.  Take twenty showers, wash your hair, burn your clothes - it doesnít have to make sense, just do what you need right now.

Third, stay with us here.  Count backward from the last time you may have had exposure, and start marking on a calendar to 15 days (one extra).  We will count down with you.   You arenít alone, promise!

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1837 on: May 23, 2020, 03:39:33 AM »

I just got a 5:20 pm on a holiday Friday voicemail from my POS boss telling me that I have indeed been exposed to Covid-19. My hands are shaking as I type this. I've felt really out of it all day.

He's in so much trouble and it won't even be from me other than I'm the one who blew the whistle. Holy crap, what is wrong with people?

KC, first off, huge hugs and then some more hugs.

Secondly, do whatever you need to do right now to feel safer.  Take twenty showers, wash your hair, burn your clothes - it doesnít have to make sense, just do what you need right now.

Third, stay with us here.  Count backward from the last time you may have had exposure, and start marking on a calendar to 15 days (one extra).  We will count down with you.   You arenít alone, promise!

Aw, thank you Curtains, that's just what I needed. I miss hugs.

I think the last time she was there was Monday morning. She was not in the office starting Tuesday. I got tested yesterday, thank God! If I'd waited for his announcement I wouldn't have been tested for days...Oh there's a warm place waiting for this guy. Greedy bastard.

edit: I like the burning clothes idea, I think I'll start with my work uniform and badge. Might even post photos of it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 03:48:03 AM by karma chamelion » Logged

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1838 on: May 23, 2020, 10:32:08 AM »

Plus KC try to stay as calm as possible.
Firstly you might not have caught the Virus, you were vigilante and careful in your Connections even if you didn't know that she was infected.
Secondly, even if you are infected, that doesn't necessarily means you are going to become very sick.
Any sort of hysteria (and I don't mean the looney-bin hysteria, but a real deep-seated - understandable fear causing your blood pressure your heart rate to go up) will weaken your body's defense mechanisms.
You will be ok!! And if you need us, we will send the cavallery with dead squirrels and whatnot to kick this corobug to h#ll and definitely not back!

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1839 on: May 23, 2020, 06:15:40 PM »

Plus KC try to stay as calm as possible.
Firstly you might not have caught the Virus, you were vigilante and careful in your Connections even if you didn't know that she was infected.
Secondly, even if you are infected, that doesn't necessarily means you are going to become very sick.
Any sort of hysteria (and I don't mean the looney-bin hysteria, but a real deep-seated - understandable fear causing your blood pressure your heart rate to go up) will weaken your body's defense mechanisms.
You will be ok!! And if you need us, we will send the cavallery with dead squirrels and whatnot to kick this corobug to h#ll and definitely not back!

You are so right, fairy, stress is the enemy right now. My doctor is taking good care of me as usual and is getting me a blood pressure cuff to keep at home, she's the best.

I'm a tough old bird, have been through many rough spots and have come through mostly intact. This too shall pass.

Bill the Cat is bored with quarantine and is looking forward to the road trip once Spoonie is ready to start day drinking for reals.

tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1840 on: May 23, 2020, 06:46:10 PM »

I just want to say to those who have caught it and beaten it: please still be vigilant. You probably are but my dad had the coronavirus and got better from it and now heís caught it again. The doctors have said because this is a new strain of illness itís all unpredictable so they donít know about immunity after already having it.
My father does have underlying health conditions (he is terminally ill) but Iíve seen a few people on social media who have had it without the underlying illness and they are acting like they are invincible.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #1841 on: May 23, 2020, 07:21:17 PM »

I am so sorry about your dad, but if this is the case it sounds quite extraordinary. Previous folks who tested positive twice like that were due to dead virus fragments.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1842 on: May 23, 2020, 07:28:14 PM »

I'm very sorry, too.  Hug I've heard of the second infection for weeks now, the first time I heard about it was in South Korea about one month into the pandemic. We have never gotten herd immunity or a vaccine for the common cold, it could be the same with covid19.

Sending you warm thoughts, tsarinya. Your daddy is lucky to have such a sweet daughter.

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #1843 on: May 23, 2020, 07:50:11 PM »

The South Korea thing was people testing positive due to dead viral fragments, I think. Something like that. Not a real re-infection; there's not been any real evidence of that happening yet. I'm keeping your dad and you and your whole family in my prayers continually, tsarinya.  Hug We are all thinking of you and supporting you here!

Restaurants are opening here this weekend. We tried to get a reservation tonight but nothing. Oh well, soon! It's odd how many things like that I've taken for granted and now I'm chomping at the bit. I was pretty shocked when I recently read where a lot of this 'stay at home' and 'social distancing' thing comes from - a 14 year old's study in 2006. Her parents were systems analysts, and all are credited on the paper. Crazy stuff.

I now know 3 people who have killed themselves (internet friends) over these lock-downs. It's so heartbreaking.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1844 on: May 23, 2020, 08:29:17 PM »

I'm very sorry, too.  Hug I've heard of the second infection for weeks now, the first time I heard about it was in South Korea about one month into the pandemic. We have never gotten herd immunity or a vaccine for the common cold, it could be the same with covid19.

Thank you kindly KC Smiley lovely thing to say.
I didnít meant to fear monger, maybe Iím being a bit sensitive, but I just thought Iíd share and see if it helps anyone.
Sending you warm thoughts, tsarinya. Your daddy is lucky to have such a sweet daughter.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 127   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: