Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albert & Charlene 2020 - News & Events  (Read 167555 times)
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: July 19, 2021, 04:12:00 PM »

I think part of the reason he picked her besides being susceptible to playing for money was that she is a swimmer and an athlete. Despite his big belly Albert is very conscious of the Kelly family sporting and Olympic traditions. His grandmother was a major swimmer and those kids grew up with expectations of athleticism. I think he thought he would be building the next generation of Kelly Olympians.
loveofenglishtradition

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: July 19, 2021, 06:25:40 PM »

https://adelswelt.de/char...htlingskind-zur-fuerstin/
Topic: From a refugee child to a countess of Monaco".
First time I have heard that she was a "refugee child" and so very poor in her childhood. Either the author made that up or the Monaco palace never wanted this to become public , instead they always published her image as an Olympic swimmer.

There is a very long report about charlene in a German internet paper today, unfortunately only in German. The author claims that she got the information from an interview in "Paris match". I could not find that, therfore I am not sure if this article is valid.

I try to translate the most important parts. She explains her sadness with personal lost and problems beginning in 2019, the father had an operation, two close friends have died. She could not always smile in the public because "nobody knew what happened in her background". The is suffering from homesickness, is missing family and friends in South Africa. She was devastated when her close friend "King Goodwil Zwelithin" in SA died in 2021.

On top of that she has had many problems with sinus infections, there had to be bone transplantations in her face because of teeth implantations etc. This to explain the reasons for her long absence.

I do believe in her health problems, but in addition to that she probably has come to the conclusion that life in Monaco as Albert's wife with all the duties that are expected of her, is just too much for her. if it wasn't for her children, she would have had a divorce long ago.

She is obviously very unhappy and healthwise in bad condition.  Who knows if her health problems , whatever they are, are coming from her psychological problems and her unhappiness? It is  a fact, that psychological problems can make a person very ill , not only in the mind but also physically.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: July 19, 2021, 08:53:22 PM »

Maybe to boil it down she is simply not made of stern stuff. No keep calm and carry on tradition in her family or with herself so no model for that behavior.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: July 20, 2021, 12:28:09 AM »

Maybe to boil it down she is simply not made of stern stuff. No keep calm and carry on tradition in her family or with herself so no model for that behavior.

I agree. I had dental implants with bone transplants. It was all done on site and I was awake for all of it (just numbed to hell and back). I donít know her exact situation and everyone is different,  but I have a hard time with some of the excuses.  I will say that she has to be a little tough to be a world class swimmer though.

Weíll probably never really know.
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: July 20, 2021, 12:48:40 AM »

Well, I'll be the first to admit, I'm something of a Charlene sugar.  But I found that article very touching.  I get keeping the "stiff upper lip", I get "keep calm, carry on" but ... I feel for her!  Meghan Markle is made of sterner stuff.  Kate has a very loving, very secure, and very monied (money helps!!) family. And her family is on the spot, ready to give support. Daniel and Chris had loving family AND the confidence that comes of being successful businessmen.  Charlene had a somewhat successful career as a swimmer, not knocking her, but even if she had won 5 gold Olympic medals, if she hadn't been able to work through the problematic/difficult traumas of childhood BEFORE meeting Albert, - it's a given it could come back to haunt her life now.  

Plus it's got to be crazy living in such a confined space.  In the first flush of love; sure, "I will adore it & it'll be my life!" But in daily practice?  All that European media breathing down your neck & just waiting for a f*ck up?  It has to be a hell.  

Of course, I hope she can come to a safe feeling; that Albert works with her, and that she can return to Albert & her children, because damn, it would be so sad to see a divorce.  I would just like to see them overcome this really horrible time & grow stronger together.  I hope they can.  I hope Albert is patient and loves Charlene enough to give her that care.  

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
Hibou

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: July 20, 2021, 12:52:07 AM »

Al controls everything, she knew the rules.  Protect those precious kids, this isn't a game.

She entered this business agreement to provide heirs, perhaps she thought she could work around it with the perks and $$$$.   Maybe she didn't think it through or thought she could handle the under currants and rumors but found herself out of her depth...whatever,  protect the children, be adults.   JMO

All I know, if this was Texas, she abandoned the home, deserted her children...it's a done deal

Good points!
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: July 20, 2021, 11:48:58 AM »

I agree. I had dental implants with bone transplants. It was all done on site and I was awake for all of it (just numbed to hell and back). I donít know her exact situation and everyone is different,  but I have a hard time with some of the excuses.  I will say that she has to be a little tough to be a world class swimmer though.

I had 4 implants in one go.  It took almost 2 hours of drilling and implanting and I was given only local anesthetic.  I left my periodontist office in my own car, and apart for the numbness, I was ok to go to work the following day.

Like you, I think all the "explanations" are a bunch of excuses with little base in reality.  She hasn't seen her children in 8 months despite being billionaires able to rent a cruise liner if necessary to bring her home to Monaco. 

All these reminds me how often royal houses try to conceal real, serious problems behind a wall of PR excuses. The truth eventually comes out.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: July 20, 2021, 04:52:02 PM »

I thought the kids visited once?

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: July 20, 2021, 05:38:57 PM »

The family were together in South Africa at the beginning of June 2021.

ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: July 20, 2021, 06:46:09 PM »

I saw somewhere that Albert is in Japan now for the Olympic meeting /IOC meeting. I wonder if he'll stop by South Africa on the way back / there. I know its not really on the way but heck he has a private jet at his disposal and he hasn't seen his wife, mother of his children, for months.
Mariola

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: July 20, 2021, 07:13:58 PM »

I had 4 implants in one go.  It took almost 2 hours of drilling and implanting and I was given only local anesthetic.  I left my periodontist office in my own car, and apart for the numbness, I was ok to go to work the following day.

Like you, I think all the "explanations" are a bunch of excuses with little base in reality.  She hasn't seen her children in 8 months despite being billionaires able to rent a cruise liner if necessary to bring her home to Monaco. 

All these reminds me how often royal houses try to conceal real, serious problems behind a wall of PR excuses. The truth eventually comes out.

I also have one implant with no problem but if I understand it the issue was about preparation for implant or something with 'crown lengthening' and I remember my sister has a lot of pain and soreness after this and infection is very possible.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: July 20, 2021, 07:24:39 PM »

I agree. I had dental implants with bone transplants. It was all done on site and I was awake for all of it (just numbed to hell and back). I donít know her exact situation and everyone is different,  but I have a hard time with some of the excuses.  I will say that she has to be a little tough to be a world class swimmer though.

I had 4 implants in one go.  It took almost 2 hours of drilling and implanting and I was given only local anesthetic.  I left my periodontist office in my own car, and apart for the numbness, I was ok to go to work the following day.

Like you, I think all the "explanations" are a bunch of excuses with little base in reality.  She hasn't seen her children in 8 months despite being billionaires able to rent a cruise liner if necessary to bring her home to Monaco.  

I also have one implant with no problem but if I understand it the issue was about preparation for implant or something with 'crown lengthening' and I remember my sister has a lot of pain and soreness after this and infection is very possible.

If you have any bone loss (typical for women) or insufficient bone to support the implant, then they do either a bone graft or a zygomatic implant, which attaches somewhere other than the jaw bone underneath the tooth. In either event, recovery should not be more than a week or so and would not necessarily prevent you from flying.

Again, I donít pretend to know what is wrong here, but I would bet it isnít dental related.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: July 20, 2021, 09:09:38 PM »

The family were together in South Africa at the beginning of June 2021.

Yes thank you, thatís what I thought.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Nappyolean

Warned
Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: July 21, 2021, 05:20:30 AM »

Iím a little sugary to Charlene. Something is going on but the judgement about what is going on is upsetting. They are both expressing the pain they are going through with this whole absence. And they donít owe huge explanations to anyone about their health.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: July 21, 2021, 02:40:56 PM »

Agreed - if itís just a divorce then I feel like theyíd have announced it by now. Itís clearly something either medical, mental, or substance abuse and she deserves privacy as she seeks the help she needs.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: