Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albert & Charlene 2020 - News & Events  (Read 236152 times)
Clover

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: June 19, 2022, 10:43:14 PM »

I'm happy her health is improving and she's showing up for her children and the Principality. She's on the right track!

Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: June 21, 2022, 02:00:47 PM »

Happy to see her up and looking well. I would have enjoyed the gown more if it had more shape in the waistline. But thrilled she is on the road to recovery. The kids are certainly Grimaldi in looks especially the son.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: June 22, 2022, 09:24:48 PM »

Crown Prince Haakon, Prince Albert, Princess Charlene, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella attended the opening of the exhibition Sailing the Sea of Science in Oslo.

📸 Javard Pasa // TT

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 09:30:34 PM by Aubiette » Logged
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: June 23, 2022, 02:41:34 AM »

The family togetherness is SO nice to see, and the steady progress. And the little ones seem so much happier and look so cute!
Nappyolean

Warned
Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: June 23, 2022, 02:46:55 AM »

My favorite Royal children, by far. 🥰🥰🥰
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: June 23, 2022, 10:21:03 AM »

Love the boulders holding down the red carpet!
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: June 23, 2022, 11:11:21 AM »

I don't understand why the children are always accompanying Albert in official or semi official trips to other countries.  I get the family has gone thru tough times, I get Monaco does its own thing and rarely follow any other type of royal protocol....but come on.  Working foreign trips are not for children, like most of us won't take our children to working trips or important meetings.  Even if Albert and Charlene don't want to part with them, they have plenty of support to take the twins with them but still kept out of the limelight.

I really think the kids are being over exposed and being centre staged in adult business.   Personally, I don't like it.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:29:33 AM by Isabel » Logged
cottesmore girl

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: June 23, 2022, 12:53:23 PM »

Those children are her security / comfort blanket. She can hide behind them. I think she feels 'exposed' without them. She can also use them as an 'excuse' if she doesn't feel up to doing a public appearance or whatever. That's fine...whatever she needs to help her through this time in the recovery. Better then using drugs or alcohol as a prop!
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: June 23, 2022, 01:08:46 PM »

Those children are her security / comfort blanket. She can hide behind them. I think she feels 'exposed' without them. She can also use them as an 'excuse' if she doesn't feel up to doing a public appearance or whatever. That's fine...whatever she needs to help her through this time in the recovery. Better then using drugs or alcohol as a prop!

Albert has been travelling with the children overseas like in Ireland when Charlene was still in South Africa.  Let's not blame Charlene for the decisions Albert has been taking with the kids.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #729 on: June 23, 2022, 01:17:21 PM »

Itís mainly Albert who has brought them with him to many events over the last year or so, not Charlene.

Personally I think itís because Jacques is a very young direct heir. He likely wonít have that much time to simply do his own thing so I think Albert brings him along to show him how the work is and to attempt to make him more comfortable with the situation. I think Gabriella is the partly for the same reason and partly there to make Jacques feel more comfortable. Certainly he often looks more shy and overwhelmed than she does - this could of course be because of the Charlene situation also but perhaps it is also because heís shy of nature and aware of his future role.
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: June 23, 2022, 01:20:10 PM »

Based solely on the photos above, I would say the children looked a little uncomfortable.  They may have been bored, too.  A sailing exhibition at a museum is a little bit austere for kids.  

I don't think it's a bad idea to take them on some official trips but I have to agree, they are too young to participate in most functions.  They will have plenty of these as they get older; I say let them have privacy & as normal a childhood (away from cameras) as possible.

ďThe spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: June 23, 2022, 01:28:33 PM »

Itís mainly Albert who has brought them with him to many events over the last year or so, not Charlene.

Personally I think itís because Jacques is a very young direct heir. He likely wonít have that much time to simply do his own thing so I think Albert brings him along to show him how the work is and to attempt to make him more comfortable with the situation. I think Gabriella is the partly for the same reason and partly there to make Jacques feel more comfortable. Certainly he often looks more shy and overwhelmed than she does - this could of course be because of the Charlene situation also but perhaps it is also because heís shy of nature and aware of his future role.

They are 7 years old Maria.  No other royal house would make this much of an exposure to direct heirs or siblings to make them all feel comfortable at this age.  They are too young to be exposed in this way and one of the reasons most royal houses protect the rights of their children to have a "normal" childhood so much.

I think Albert and his family, like Charlene, love the children and care deeply for them.  But expossing them so much on international trips with adults is wrong.  And using them as an emotional prop as Albert has been doing is even worse.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #732 on: June 23, 2022, 02:06:04 PM »

They are 7 years old Maria.  No other royal house would make this much of an exposure to direct heirs or siblings to make them all feel comfortable at this age.  They are too young to be exposed in this way and one of the reasons most royal houses protect the rights of their children to have a "normal" childhood so much.

I think Albert and his family, like Charlene, love the children and care deeply for them.  But expossing them so much on international trips with adults is wrong.  And using them as an emotional prop as Albert has been doing is even worse.

Isabel, do you read my post as me defending them since you respond this way? Huh?  I donít think itís good for the twins to go to so many events personally. Especially with all the turmoil they have been through. I do understand Albert wanting Jacques to be well prepared though. I would go about it very differently, were it me but itís obviously not so.
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: June 23, 2022, 02:28:40 PM »

Isabel, do you read my post as me defending them since you respond this way? Huh?  I donít think itís good for the twins to go to so many events personally. Especially with all the turmoil they have been through. I do understand Albert wanting Jacques to be well prepared though. I would go about it very differently, were it me but itís obviously not so.

Maria, I did read your post as defending Albert and why he's exposing the children so much.  Apologies if I missunderstood it.

Where you and I disagree is in understanding that Jacques being only 7 should be prepared in this way, there is simply no need considering his age, his rights and his sister's rights as children to be fronted with adults so much.

Monaco is pretty much an autocracy in the hands of Albert.  What Albert says, happens.  Lets not forget that Monaco is owned by Albert unlike the rest of royal houses in Europe which are real parliamentary monarchies. What he wants and how he wants to bring up his children, it's up to him and Charlene (although I seriously question how much imput Charlene has in her children's lives because of her own health problems).  

Which doesn't mean that in this forum I can't criticize or agree with the way he's expossing his children. I don't like it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 02:40:37 PM by Isabel » Logged
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: June 23, 2022, 02:51:44 PM »

Maybe the advice has been to keep the family together even if that means carting the twins around. Possibly for Charleneís benefit?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: