Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl Philip & Sofia - News & Events 2020  (Read 15879 times)
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2020, 05:03:37 PM »

I also vividly remember that wedding, from how adorable Estelle looked to how pregnant Maddie was (yet still looked absolutely gorgeous) to the really odd musical choices starting with the depressing processional.  It was just strange.  So many memorable moments at that wedding.  

But what I’ve never been able to forget was Vic crying when Snake started down the aisle and trying to figure out if she was truly upset about her brother actually  marrying this inappropriate chick or if she was happy and just moved by the event.  She sure didn’t LOOK happy.  I have always wanted to know how they truly felt/feel about her but I couldn’t read them then and I still can’t.  Oh, to be a fly on the wall at times.  
After all these years, I think Vi was moved by the fact that her little brother was getting married. At first she was avoiding photographed with S but we know Vic is more kind than smart and we have seen her laughing with S. We also know that S  and Dan are getting along, so maybe there is a closer bond, maybe even friendship, we may not know about.
S was innapropriate for princess and I don't think she has changed but with CP seem to have a lovely family, so they are a good match, most possibly.

With Oscar being born 8,5 months after this wedding maybe Vikkan was feeling a little bit more emotional than usual  Wink who knows

I always thought she was crying because Estelle was a flower girl and that mixed with some hormones but never because of Sofia  Secret

She was so early she would probably not have too many hormones or nausea yet.  The first two weeks of "pregnancy" you're not even pregnant yet. Unless she was taking hormones or medicine to help get/stay pregnant.  Then yeah, hormones like crazy from those.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2020, 12:00:54 AM »

I remember reading an interview where Vic says she cried all the way to the church (or something like that). I think she was emotional because it was her little brother getting married, and she has always had a protectiveness towards her siblings, being the eldest. I'd like to think Vic was emotional at seeing Estelle as a flower girl, and also because she was in early stages of pregnancy (love the fact that both Vic and Madde were pregnant at the wedding, and both later upstaged Sofia with the birth/announcement).
On the official pictures though, Vic is barely smiling, and it looks as though Madde is forcing a smile, though that could be related to her heavily pregnant state.
Imo I think there is, or was, a hesitancy about accepting Sofia, but once she and CP married I think Vic in particular realised that she would just have to accept things. Madde moved to America shortly afterwards which could be interpreted in many ways!

Overall I dont think Sofia is as much of a car crash as many of us thought she would be when she married. I was expecting a Mary 2.0. The first couple of years she was annoying and trying to hog the limelight, and she is still hypocritical over her chosen charities and the lack of remorse over her former life and acts of bullying are infuriating.

It may just be me, and the effects of covid-19 limiting public appearances lately, but she has been out of the limelight and away from public view a lot, especially since Alexander and Gabriel lost their HRH titles. I think that was a big (and hilarious) lesson to Sofia about her position and importance in the SRF.
Though as an aside, whenever she is in public view she is normally showing off her "assets" such as in the national day video.

Overall I think CP and Sofia are a good match. Both are not known for their intelligence (they're the opposite of Chris and Madde for me, with Vic and Dan in between), but that's ok.

They're not the heir couple, so no need to overshadow anyone. Sofia is of course a hypocrite and thinks more of herself than she is, but generally they seem happy and even more important good parents.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Henry "Hotspur" Percy Esperance en Dieu

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2020, 05:55:12 AM »

I can't judge how good their parenting skills are, the boys are still very small. If happiness is the only measure then okay the boys look happy. I don't think it's hard for them to be happy, they get everything they want.

Neither one of them are good role models, they aren't doing anything with their privileges other than spoil themselves and their children. Very, very little to counter the harm she has caused by being an ignorant hypocrite who doesn't know how the real world works. Her world has always been parties and self gratification, so I can't see how she's going to raise anything but spoiled, entitled twits just like her husband.

We are made of the love of thousands.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2020, 12:34:55 PM »

We kind of assumed they would not get on and their marriage would be over soon. At least Sophia did not become a Fergie 2. They are not needed in court life, they are not intelligent and they are getting too much attention, but at least for their abilities, they are doing well. They are trying to fit in and do the right thing. That was way more than could have been expected.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2020, 03:12:39 PM »

I will be honest. I thought that Slitzerella  was the most unsuitable person to marry into a RF. But she has suited up to do the job for 5 years. Compared to a certain dumpster fire (72 days), she's Princess Anne.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2020, 03:14:28 PM »

I will be honest. I thought that Slitzerella  was the most unsuitable person to marry into a RF. But she has suited up to do the job for 5 years. Compared to a certain dumpster fire (72 days), she's Princess Anne.

Who only lasted 72 days or can’t you say?
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2020, 03:41:23 PM »

I find CP and Sofia to be well suited for each other. I genuinely believe their marriage is a love match.  Of course, they may not be the smartest of the bunch but I don’t believe SRF genes, while gorgeous, support that of geniuses.

IMO, CP and Sof have taken to their demotion rather well and they now focus on topics that are “interesting” to them. While we have all railed on and on about whether “interesting” is “appropriate” for these two, they are no longer in the spotlight much and will continue to fade as Estelle and Oscar grow. CP and Sof also no longer receive the support of the Swedish taxpayer at the level they once did. Therefore, I’m fine with letting them live their lives how they so choose.

While CP and Sof may be unsuitable and they may be hypocrites, it has been made more than obvious that Vic, Dan, Estelle and Oscar are the future of Sweden so live and let live, I say.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2020, 07:25:29 PM »

If remaining married past five years and managing to have two seemingly happy children is the bar for successful royalhood, Sofia has certainly been successful lowering the bar Beer
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2020, 07:43:24 PM »

[/quote/]
Current residents of Hollywood. 72 engagements all in.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2020, 08:05:47 PM »

[/quote/]

Gotcha!  I didn’t realize you were talking engagements.  Ok.  Thanks. 
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Henry "Hotspur" Percy Esperance en Dieu

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2020, 06:09:02 AM »

If remaining married past five years and managing to have two seemingly happy children is the bar for successful royalhood, Sofia has certainly been successful lowering the bar Beer

Star Beer Yup, not impressed at all. Glad she stopped wearing skin tight nude dresses though, I was really growing tired of seeing her undergarments. So there, I said something nice. Tongue

We are made of the love of thousands.
anneboleyn

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2020, 04:09:38 AM »

[/quote/]

I thought you meant kim kardashian at first 🤣
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2020, 10:51:31 AM »

CP and Sofia posted a nice photo of Alexander and Gabriel to wish a happy summer. The photo is shooted in the County of Södermanland, I suppose they are or at Stenhammar or, more probably, at CP's property at Ökenäs.

"We wish you a nice summer! ☀️
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Since many stay at home this year and discover Sweden close, we here on Instagram will share some of our strawberry
(?) spots where we are this summer. This is to show that our beautiful country has fantastic opportunities for fun, wonderful and activity-filled #hemester #svemester

Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2020, 11:18:23 AM »

Adorable little angels!!!! Both kids look lovely!!!
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2020, 12:28:23 PM »

Well, cute, I suppose, but I sure would like to take a scissors to the older kid’s hair.  ✂️
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: