Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrice’s wedding thread  (Read 14385 times)
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« on: February 07, 2020, 12:22:10 PM »

Date official. Bea and her boo woth marry May 29 at the Chapel Royal at St James Palace with a reception in the gardens of Buckingham Palace. Release from the palace today.

https://www.royal.uk/wedd...rice-and-mr-mapelli-mozzi
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 09:39:55 PM by Maria » Logged
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 12:32:47 PM »

This is the best we could hope for once London was chosen...this or the Queen’s Chapel.  There will still be road closures and security expenses but the lowest possible for a London wedding. 

About time the announce things...the rumors, insiders, and whatnot was unreal.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 12:43:15 PM »

Well, not very impressive looking choice but nice history there.  I hope she has a lovely wedding.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 12:58:03 PM by Queen’s Tea » Logged
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 12:52:04 PM »

Who else thinks that Andy refusing his Admiralty was to soften the soak that the British taxpayer will have to take for Bea’s wedding?  The proximity of announcements cannot be coincidental.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 01:07:06 PM »

Who else thinks that Andy refusing his Admiralty was to soften the soak that the British taxpayer will have to take for Bea’s wedding?  The proximity of announcements cannot be coincidental.

I don't care why Andrew made that announcement, his wants and needs do not matter, just as long as the Navy and Bea are insulated from his toxicity.
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 01:31:10 PM »

Date official. Bea and her boo woth marry May 29 at the Chapel Royal at St James Palace with a reception in the gardens of Buckingham Palace. Release from the palace today.

https://www.royal.uk/wedd...rice-and-mr-mapelli-mozzi

I went to a service there (about 40 years ago) - clergyman I knew was one of the Queen's Chaplains (there are 20+ of them - senior clergy, get to wear a scarlet cassock) and he was preaching in the Chapel Royal St James , don't remember a lot about the place at the time but it certainly is central.
Gemsheal

Small Member

Thank you Principessa for the meme suggestion :)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 01:44:25 PM »

The Duke of York has asked to defer an honorary Navy promotion he was due to receive when he turned 60, Buckingham Palace has said.

Prince Andrew was set to be promoted to Admiral on 19 February, in line with a policy that sees senior royals treated as serving military members.

But the palace said he had asked the Ministry of Defence to defer it until a time when he returns to public duty.

He stepped back from royal duties in November.

It followed after a backlash over his past friendship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Prince Andrew said his links to the US financier, who was found dead in his jail cell in August while awaiting trial on sex-trafficking charges, had become a "major disruption" to the Royal Family.

Prince Andrew stepping back from royal duties
'Zero co-operation' from Prince Andrew over Epstein
The Duke of York retired from the Navy in 2001, but it is a tradition that senior members of the royal family continue to receive military promotions as they get older.

Buckingham Palace said: "By convention, the Duke of York would be in line for military promotion on his 60th birthday.

"Following the decision by His Royal Highness to step back from public duties for the foreseeable future, the Duke of York has asked the Ministry of Defence if this promotion might be deferred until such time that His Royal Highness returns to public duty."

Meanwhile, the government has said it would be advising local councils that there is no requirement to fly the Union flag on the the duke's birthday, following his decision to step back from public duties.

Downing Street said the matter was looked into after critics branded the celebration "crass and offensive".

But it has been confirmed that the bells of Westminster Abbey will still ring out in celebration.

Certain royal birthdays, including the duke's, are traditionally marked by the ringing of bells at the Abbey.

A spokeswoman for the abbey said there were "no plans to change these arrangements".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51409732

I don't believe this for one moment. Andrew would never give something like this up. He's been leant on, by Charles or Philip maybe?

Note it says he's asked the
MoD to defer this until he returns to public life yet weren't we given to believe he was stepping down permanently. The truth from BP is something we can only wish for.

The government minister has backtracked regarding the order to the Councils to fly the flag on his birthday after an outcry yesterday.

Oh how gross!!  He thinks he will return to public duties!!  I hope that would occur only if his name is cleared in a court of law. 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Gemsheal

Small Member

Thank you Principessa for the meme suggestion :)

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 01:48:21 PM »

Queen Victoria, her daughter the Crown Princess of Prussia, and King George & Queen Mary were married at the Chapel Royal so there's plenty of good family dust history to throw into the news stories.  😉

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 03:21:02 PM »

Queen Victoria, her daughter the Crown Princess of Prussia, and King George & Queen Mary were married at the Chapel Royal so there's plenty of good family dust history to throw into the news stories.  😉

And as Beatrice looks like Victoria (young version), especially with regard to the eyes.....

Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 03:21:42 PM »

I’m sure the Victoria and Albert connection to the Chapel Royal was a big selling point for Beatrice. She’s long had a bit of an obsession with Vic encouraged by her mother.

lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 05:48:48 PM »

I wonder if there will be a balcony appearance to wave to the adoring masses? Sarah will be beside herself if she gets to be up there again.  Maybe this will be Bea’s special moment instead of a carriage ride.  It would be a nice way to see the clothes and everyone together.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 05:51:12 PM »

I could see them doing a carriage ride.  The route would be short but short London rides have been done before...in the early 2000s for the Queen Mother’s birthday.

It will definitely be interesting to see what she does and doesn’t get.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 06:17:39 PM »

I could see them doing a carriage ride.  The route would be short but short London rides have been done before...in the early 2000s for the Queen Mother’s birthday.

It will definitely be interesting to see what she does and doesn’t get.
I wonder if there will be a balcony appearance to wave to the adoring masses? Sarah will be beside herself if she gets to be up there again.  Maybe this will be Bea’s special moment instead of a carriage ride.  It would be a nice way to see the clothes and everyone together.

The balcony appearance would be the easiest thing, though the short distance makes the carriage ride a possibility.

I have to say I like how Bea and Edo have shaken things up and chosen to marry somewhere else besides St. George's in Windsor. Not that I have any problem's with St. George's, but it's a nice change. I know Bea (and Sarah) appreciate the history of the Chapel Royal, which I like too. Plus it reminds the younger generation of other possibilities for their weddings.

Onto other speculations. Who will she chose to design her dress? Will it be fussy or sleek? She's gone both ways, with good and bad results. How many little cousins will trail down the aisle with them as attendants?

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Malenkaya

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 06:23:59 PM »

I’m sure the Victoria and Albert connection to the Chapel Royal was a big selling point for Beatrice. She’s long had a bit of an obsession with Vic encouraged by her mother.

I'm very surprised one of the York daughters didn't end up with Victoria as a first name given the obsession with Queen Victoria.

I actually wonder if we'll ever see it again to be honest.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 06:32:38 PM »

I'm very surprised one of the York daughters didn't end up with Victoria as a first name given the obsession with Queen Victoria.

I actually wonder if we'll ever see it again to be honest.

Since HM has to give approval for the names, if Sarah had tried, it would have been shot down pronto.

HM might have let Will and Kate give Charlotte the name, or in the future, if George had a daughter, she might be given that name. It will be up to Charles and William by then.

You'll notice that Elizabeth is used only as a middle name for her grandaughters also.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: