Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrice’s wedding thread  (Read 14388 times)
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2020, 01:00:43 PM »

I don't think any of this low key stuff was on Beatrice's wish list but they've been advised this is the way to go;  not just because of Andrew's issues but taking cost into account. People in the UK are becoming increasingly fed up with funding the RF's extravagances .

At least she was smart enough to see the writing on the wall and adjust accordingly, especially considering she is the progeny of two colossal bone heads who aren't receptive to common sense even when it is beaten into them.
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2020, 01:03:00 PM »

It sounds very much as if she's not getting the wedding she'd originally wanted but may well be getting the wedding that is best for her.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2020, 01:26:31 PM »

It sounds very much as if she's not getting the wedding she'd originally wanted but may well be getting the wedding that is best for her.

I think it's more... getting the wedding that is best for her Father to be hidden away from view.

Her whole engagement felt rushed after her sisters big wedding, it really did seem like she wanted that too and first.  But that was just my impression.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2020, 01:57:19 PM »

I hope they have a beautiful wedding and are happy together. Eugenie may have wanted a smaller wedding as well. I always got the feeling that Andrew and Fergie pushed for the big wedding to compete with another wedding that year. I'm a sucker for a wedding lol. Can't wait to see what she wears. Any designers she favours?
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2020, 01:59:08 PM »

It's no-one's fault but Andrew that this is unfolding as it is.

Play stupid games.  Win stupid prizes.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2020, 03:02:37 PM »

After all ... she gets a perfectly planned and paid wedding in a very traditional location. I can't see how a wedding with 500+ people can be more fun - the main thing is that you have family and friends there (and another main thing is that Andrew and Fergie repress their urge of being the center in the world) and you are happy.

As she is way back in the line now there is no need to invite foreign royals, etc. They can still go exclusive (with food, etc.) just need to cut down the number of people they are inviting. 

Plus: After all these rather sad news lately the RF needs a nice, perfect event to get back in the game ....

Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2020, 04:13:51 PM »

I think there *will* be foreign royals, because we've seen her socialize with some of 'em at unexpected events.  The Hannover brothers, the Hesse cousin whose wedding she attended, maybe a TnT, MO of Greece.
Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2020, 04:24:46 PM »

Nothing wrong with foreign royals as long as Bea and Edo invite them because they want them there and not because they're TOLD to invite them

Unless Bea's disappointed at not being able to flaunt herself on her big day with processions etc there's no reason why a smaller wedding should be a bad thing. The most important fact is she's marrying the man she loves in front of her family and close friends ....money for flowers, dress etc won't be an issue and neither will the jewels. As long as "no one " tried to upstage her.
kbart

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2020, 04:56:53 PM »

One would expect her to do return invites to those foreign royals whose weddings she has attended in a private capacity. She knows the Hanovers and she was also a guest at Amadeo of Belgium's wedding - she wore the dress she had worn to William and Kate's wedding (but not the hat Smiley
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2020, 05:09:13 PM »

While returning invitations is the most proper etiquette most people would understand that a more modest wedding does require certain "breaks" of etiquette.
 Even just limiting family invitations to grandparents, parents, siblings, aunt/uncles, and first cousins would add up to 30ish people on her side alone...and with just 150ish seats total that's a large number.  Hopefully they will prioritize family and closest friends over the who's who of celeb and/or royal circles.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2020, 06:02:57 PM »

I think they are wise to not have the wedding at Windsor, less comparisons will be made that way. I am a little sad there will not be a carriage ride. I was hoping with the short distance it might be a possibility.  Sad

They will have to carefully think who to invite to the ceremony itself. I still say there will be a larger number of people at the reception, far less than 800, but I think there is the potential for anywhere from three to four hundred. It would allow them to have more friends present, return those invitations from other minor royal weddings, and invite some people from their charities. 

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2020, 08:28:59 PM »

150 ppl is not a large wedding at all. I count 22 adults plus 8 children (who probably won't be there unless in the party) on Bea's father's side alone. Factoring in her mother's family, friends, his family (no idea what the size of that is like) it doesn't take long to reach 150. I know regular people who have struggled to keep it to a larger number than that.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2020, 10:36:07 PM »

Here are possibilities of flowers for the church.     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtdH8fXiEYg
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2020, 01:25:56 AM »

It will be interesting to see what kind of arrangements they use within the chapel itself. It's a fairly narrow space, and might lend itself to smaller, creative floral accents rather than large arrangements. I"m also interested in the adornments for the outside of St. James.

Here's few more views of the Royal Chapel:

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2020, 08:08:01 PM »

Some people genuinely want small weddings, even when finances are not an issue. Maybe keeping this small and almost private will allow the bride and groom to focus on what's important, namely the vows they are making and the long-term commitment that means.

And, given her great affection for Queen Victoria, I am betting she will be taking a few leaves from her however-many-times grandmother's own wedding plans.  Lucky girl if she is as head over heels about her man as Victoria was over Albert. And also if the husband-to-be is as full of romantic gestures as Albert was. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: