Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrice’s wedding thread  (Read 14381 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2020, 08:58:52 AM »

For her wedding bouquet, Queen Victoria carried a small posy of snowdrops. Do you think Princess Beatrice might have snowdrops in her bridal bouquet?

I never heard of them and they're quite dainty and beautiful.

The meanings of the Snowdrop flower are: Rebirth. The small and fragile Snowdrop flower is a symbol of rebirth and overcoming obstacles in life. This gentle flower stands out in nature as a reminder that we can all make great things in life only if we set our minds to it.

Think that would be a lovely nod to add in.

Since Victoria and Albert were married on February 10th (!) snowdrops made sense. It's been a mild winter here, mine are just beginning to bloom. They would need to cool the bulbs and force them, for a late May wedding. The stalks on mine are a bit longer that 3 inches, more like five or six, but they could always be wired to a stick. I assume there will be a sprig of myrtle in the bouquet? That tradition started with V&A's daughter, Vicky. The myrtle was from a bouquet given to Victoria by Albert's grandmother. A sprig was sprouted and planted at Osbourne House. As I understand it, other sprigs from the bush have been planted at other royal residences too.

Good points, LL!  I also think that the flowers might be too delicate for bouquet duties. They would droop more than the father of the bride’s jowls.

Laugh bounce Laugh bounce He is quite the Hanoverian.

I would really appreciate it, if Bea and Edo would just have the wedding they want.

At the moment it appears to be that it's more like about what mummy and daddy want, what Bea feels is expected of a Princess or what some old Ladies, like Queen Vic, did.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2020, 04:23:10 PM »

wonder if Harry, Peter??  Autumn will attend
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2020, 04:35:11 PM »

I think Peter and Autumn will attend but perhaps not together.

Harry? Who knows and at this point who cares?

I hope it turns out to be a joyous and fun wedding.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2020, 04:56:16 PM »

It is bad enough her dad (has to be) there. Fergie is another one. Harry there would be one black sheep too much. I hope that she will be happy.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2020, 04:58:19 PM »

wonder if Harry, Peter??  Autumn will attend

Imelda will definitely attend if pregnant.  She'd love nothing more than to ruin a second Yorkie outing.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2020, 04:59:43 PM »

Considering Beatrice seems to be really close to both parents it would be unfair to expect them to stay away for “PR” reasons
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2020, 05:05:22 PM »

You can't choose your parents. LOL I hope we don't see pit stains like we did at E & J's wedding. 
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2020, 05:27:15 PM »

Considering Beatrice seems to be really close to both parents it would be unfair to expect them to stay away for “PR” reasons

Agreed.  I am not a fan of either Andrew or Fergie - in fact I loathe them both - but it’s cruel to even consider denying their daughter her parents on the life milestone.

Having A&F whisked off from the wedding reception to a convenient off-coast Island without Internet, though, is up for grabs.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2020, 05:29:06 PM »

With Bea's taste of clothes, Fergie being 1000% camera hungry and Andrew it will be a dishing event to look forward to  Banana
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2020, 07:27:29 PM »

With Bea's taste of clothes, Fergie being 1000% camera hungry and Andrew it will be a dishing event to look forward to  Banana

Better get our stockpiles full up!  It'll be a challenge with all the excellent dishing we've had since the start of the year but I think we'll be up to the challenge!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2020, 10:11:15 PM »

Would a single strand of Queen Alexandra's pearl necklaces look nice with Princess Beatrice's wedding dress?
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2020, 10:30:55 PM »

I can see Peter and Autumn both attending, this will quite likely be the first big family gathering since they split and I just feel Autumn will still be invited just to make the point, especially as Beatrice knows too well how hard it can be for divorced people to attend family events.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2020, 10:37:54 PM »

I can see Peter and Autumn both attending, this will quite likely be the first big family gathering since they split and I just feel Autumn will still be invited just to make the point, especially as Beatrice knows too well how hard it can be for divorced people to attend family events.

If Autumn and Peter have a mutual understanding and are going to remain friends, I see no reason why she shouldn't attend.

By the time Bea and Edo wed they will most likely be still in the divorce process so technically still married anyway.
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2020, 10:42:20 PM »

I'd say the two girls could be in the wedding party so it would be nice for both parents to be invited.  Bea strikes me as the kind who is close to family members and may well like Autumn for her own sake.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2020, 10:55:33 PM »

Peter and Autumn will still be married for some time.

It takes at least two years from separation to divorce in the UK unless there are one of three reasons - adultery (but if they have been living together after they found out that doesn't apply), unreasonable behaviour or desertion.

If none of those three reasons apply it is two years when both parties agree to the divorce or five years if only one person wants the divorce.

As they were seen together in September at Balmoral it is reasonable to assume they weren't separated at that time and so their two years will begin after that so they will be married into next year - although separated.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: