Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Poll
Question: What tiara would you like Bea to wear on her wedding day?  (Voting closes: May 28, 2020, 09:14:33 PM)
MF Sapphire Bandeau - 33 (21.7%)
Strathmore Rose - 32 (21.1%)
QV Sapphire Circlet - 29 (19.1%)
QM Lozenge Bandeau - 17 (11.2%)
QV Oriental Circlet - 7 (4.6%)
Sarah's York Diamond - 25 (16.4%)
Wreath of Flowers - 9 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 95

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrice's Wedding Tiara Poll  (Read 9438 times)
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

United States United States

Harlequin

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2020, 08:14:33 PM »

Vote for your three favorite choices for Bea's wedding tiara. You can change your vote along the way.

Please note, some of these tiaras have not been seen in years, and may or may not exist. I've deliberately left out the Teck Crescent and Circle Tiaras. The Crescent is lent to Camilla, and the Circle belongs to David Linley.

I included the Oriental Circlet because it is one of Queen Victoria's, and it has not been worn much, a couple of times by the Queen Mum, and once by HM, in 2005. It could happen, one never knows.

Marie Feodorovna Sapphire Bandeau Tiara (Queen Mary)

Srathmore Rose Tiara (Queen Mum)

Queen Victoria's Sapphire Circlet

Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau

Queen Victoria's Oriental Circlet

Sarah's York Diamond (Wedding) Tiara

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 10:12:14 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Do what you can, where you are, with what you’ve got.   Teddy Roosevelt
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 09:58:52 PM »

I've read somewhere that the Strathmore Rose tiara is too delicate to the extent it can easily break down if worn (?) I love that tiara and would love to see it displayed though, even if it's Bea's head Smiley
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 10:10:01 PM »

They would have time to restore it...and hopefully slightly change the design (to many gaps).
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 10:10:28 PM »

Some of those seem too weighty and fancy for a royal of Beatrice's stature on the line. But the Sapphire Bandeau would look great.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 10:22:40 PM »

Some of those seem too weighty and fancy for a royal of Beatrice's stature on the line. But the Sapphire Bandeau would look great.

My personal opinion is HM should lend QV's Oriental Circlet to Kate. She has the Lotus, and maybe the Cattier Halo, and of course the Cambridge Lover's Knot. But her prevailing choice is the Lover's Knot and I'd like to see a bit more variety, thank you. Providing it's still in good shape, this tiara deserves to be seen.

LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 10:26:59 PM »

suspect Bea would be offered something of a similar size to Eug - reckon the sapphire bandeau might be the thing, the strathmore rose is lovely but looks delicate
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 10:30:21 PM »

They would have time to restore it...and hopefully slightly change the design (to many gaps).

that would be great.

I agree. it would also be slightly similar in size and design to what her sister wore at her wedding.
I like the York's tiara but I can't stop associating it with Sarah and all the mess she's created over years.
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 11:50:26 PM »

I really hope it's not Sarah's tiara. I'm not a huge fan of it and would much prefer to see something from the vaults that hasn't been worn in a long time. I'd love to see the Sapphire Bandeau or Queen Mary's Lozenge if they still exist!
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 12:05:41 AM »

Kate would look great in the Oriental circlet with the rubies!
pmkitty

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 12:15:58 AM »

My personal opinion is HM should lend QV's Oriental Circlet to Kate. She has the Lotus, and maybe the Cattier Halo, and of course the Cambridge Lover's Knot. But her prevailing choice is the Lover's Knot and I'd like to see a bit more variety, thank you. Providing it's still in good shape, this tiara deserves to be seen.

I love the Queen Victoria's Sapphire Circlet and would love to see Kate in that or the Oriental Circlet instead of the Cambridge Lover's Knot.  I also think Bea would look lovely in the Marie Feodorovna Sapphire Bandeau Tiara.   More jewels are good as long as I don't have to wear them. LOL.  Love seeing them on the Royal Family but would hate to wear them myself.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 12:25:54 AM »

Considering the Sapphire Coronet is owned by the Victoria and Albert Museum, I highly doubt we'll ever see it anywhere but on display.  It's a sad thought, but at least we can go see it on display whenever we're in London.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 12:28:53 AM »

Considering the Sapphire Coronet is owned by the Victoria and Albert Museum, I highly doubt we'll ever see it anywhere but on display.  It's a sad thought, but at least we can go see it on display whenever we're in London.

That one is a long shot, mainly because it not left in the direct royal line, more's the pity.

karma chamelion

Big Member

Henry "Hotspur" Percy Esperance en Dieu

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 02:08:13 AM »

I love the Queen Victoria's Sapphire Circlet and would love to see Kate in that or the Oriental Circlet instead of the Cambridge Lover's Knot.  I also think Bea would look lovely in the Marie Feodorovna Sapphire Bandeau Tiara.   More jewels are good as long as I don't have to wear them. LOL.  Love seeing them on the Royal Family but would hate to wear them myself.

I totally agree, and welcome aboard! Champagne Star

We are made of the love of thousands.
BassChick

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 11:56:22 PM »

I didn't vote for it, but I have a feeling Beatrice will wear her mother's tiara.  If she does, I hope she takes off that center diamond because I never liked how spiky it looks.   No

I would love love love to see sapphires on Bea.  I think they'd be stunning with her lovely hair! 

Sooooo, I'm voting for either all diamonds or something with sapphires.  I wonder if Aunt Anne would loan her the Festoon?  (Not really, but I do like that tiara.)
http://orderofsplendor.bl...ursday-festoon-tiara.html

Are we allowed to do photoshopping here?  I have no skills, but it would be great to see Beatrice "try on" some of our choices. 
Gemsheal

Mini Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 12:09:06 AM »

Ooh, do you know how to photoshop?  I would l o v e to see different British tiaras on different British royal heads, in pretend modes ...  If Maria permits?  perhaps in a separate thread? 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: