Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Poll
Question: What tiara would you like Bea to wear on her wedding day?  (Voting closes: May 28, 2020, 09:14:33 PM)
MF Sapphire Bandeau - 33 (21.7%)
Strathmore Rose - 32 (21.1%)
QV Sapphire Circlet - 29 (19.1%)
QM Lozenge Bandeau - 17 (11.2%)
QV Oriental Circlet - 7 (4.6%)
Sarah's York Diamond - 25 (16.4%)
Wreath of Flowers - 9 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 95

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrice's Wedding Tiara Poll  (Read 9442 times)
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 09:38:08 PM »

My first thought was the Marie Feodorovna Sapphire Bandeau;

then seeing the Queen Victoria's Sapphire Circlet in the list I think that would be beautiful with Princess Beatrice's looks 

Unlikely, I suppose...
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 09:43:06 PM »

Considering the Sapphire Coronet is owned by the Victoria and Albert Museum, I highly doubt we'll ever see it anywhere but on display.  It's a sad thought, but at least we can go see it on display whenever we're in London.

That one is a long shot, mainly because it not left in the direct royal line, more's the pity.

Could Royals, or at least HM, request to borrow jewels from the V&A?
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 09:56:53 PM »

They can't, not even QEII. The jewels on permanent display on the V&A were private donations from the owners, or bought by the museum. I belive almost all pieces have an exclusivity clause and I know that some cannot leave the museum. The owners requested it when negociating the donation or the selling.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2020, 10:01:11 PM »

Ah, thank you. I wonder who owned the Sapphire Coronet, then?
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 10:28:06 PM »

The sapphire coronet left the BRF in the 1020's, when George V gifted it to his daughter daugther at the time of her marriage to Viscount Lascelles, future Earl of Harewood. It was later inherited by her son, the Earl of Harewood and worn in very rare occasions during the 20 century, by the Countesses. The coronet by sold by the Lascelles family an unknown person around after the death of Earl Harewood in 2011, due to inheritance taxes.

The owner tried to sell the piece in auction in 2016 but the British Government interviened and imposed a temporary ban to stop the piece to being sold outside the country, due to its historical significance - to give time for a fundraising movement in the UK to buy the piece. It was bought by William Bollinger and donated to the V&A.

emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 10:30:31 PM »

Ah, thank you. I wonder who owned the Sapphire Coronet, then?

A good article here about who it was left to, and who owns it now

https://www.townandcountr...a-favorite-tiara-scandal/
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2020, 04:53:01 AM »

Thistle and emitshell, you guys rock! I was at work and couldn’t do much research. Plus posters here seem to have so much history at their fingertips. Provenance of Royal jewels is fascinating.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2020, 04:08:34 PM »

I have visited the museum a few months ago, inlcuding the jewels exhibition. It was really fascinating, to know the story about the pieces Cute

amster

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2020, 05:55:40 AM »

The sapphire coronet left the BRF in the 1020's, when George V gifted it to his daughter daugther at the time of her marriage to Viscount Lascelles, future Earl of Harewood. It was later inherited by her son, the Earl of Harewood and worn in very rare occasions during the 20 century, by the Countesses. The coronet by sold by the Lascelles family an unknown person around after the death of Earl Harewood in 2011, due to inheritance taxes.

The owner tried to sell the piece in auction in 2016 but the British Government interviened and imposed a temporary ban to stop the piece to being sold outside the country, due to its historical significance - to give time for a fundraising movement in the UK to buy the piece. It was bought by William Bollinger and donated to the V&A.

Star Thanks Thistle. I thought I was going senile the other day when someone mentioned in another thread that it was at the V&A. I went there a few times when I lived in London, and didn't remember having seen it. I even went through my photos from the V&A trying to see if I had a picture! Turns out, this is only family recent, which explains why I couldn't for the life of me remember seeing it.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2020, 02:03:51 PM »

I think that the Sapphire Bandeau Tiara is a very possible choice but I don't like it all.
Srathmore is truly a piece of art and I would love to see it.

As for Sara's wedding tiara, since Eug didn't wore it, I don't find fair for Bea to wear it. Apart from this, it's nice for its girl to associate themselves with a different tiara because we hadn't seen them wearing tiaras on any other occasion so this is their tiara-moment.

Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2020, 02:10:33 PM »

I think that the Sapphire Bandeau Tiara is a very possible choice but I don't like it all.

As for Sara's wedding tiara, since Eug didn't wore it, I don't find fair for Bea to wear it. Apart from this, it's nice for its girl to associate themselves with a different tiara because we hadn't seen them wearing tiaras on any other occasion so this is their tiara-moment.

Nor do I, onar. The Strathmore Rose is beautiful. The Sapphire coronet would have been an amazing choice ...if only.
I wonder why there was  never a first-right-of-refusal clause when the tiaras were gifted and left the Royal Family of Origin or the most recent royal family of ownership.  Thinking
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:16:46 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." -

Marianne Williamson
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2020, 02:23:39 PM »

Nor do I, onar. The Strathmore Rose is beautiful. The Sapphire coronet would have been an amazing choice ...if only.
I wonder why there was  never a first-right-of-refusal clause when the tiaras were gifted and left the Royal Family of Origin or the most recent royal family of ownership.  Thinking

The Sapphire coronet is the next on my list 
I believe that most tiaras can be impressive with the right hairdo, let's see what Bea will choose. With her long, read hair she can do many things and the blue stones will be wonderfull on her haid.

Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2020, 02:28:27 PM »

I wonder why there was  never a first-right-of-refusal clause when the tiaras were gifted and left the Royal Family of Origin or the most recent royal family of ownership.  Thinking

The Sapphire coronet is the next on my list 
I believe that most tiaras can be impressive with the right hairdo, let's see what Bea will choose. With her long, read hair she can do many things and the blue stones will be wonderfull on her haid.
ITA  Beer

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." -

Marianne Williamson
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2020, 02:59:34 PM »

the girls are unlikely to wear tiaras again (other than the coronation or if they are roped in for state banquets etc etc) so great opportunity to wear something with real provenance from the Queen. Something there mother never managed to do.
Gemsheal

Mini Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2020, 03:26:58 AM »

I think B. will wear something from the Queen's huge vault, but like Eugenie's and Mxxxxx's tiaras (and Kate's for that matter) it will be something unseen in years/not ever seen worn in public.  So that sapphire Marie Fedorovna tiara probably has a strong chance.

What I personally would love to see Beatrice wear, and it's the longest of longest shots, is the beautiful Emerald tiara designed by Prince Albert and worn by Queen Victoria in the famous portrait of the two of them with their five elder children.  It's still in private ownership, I believe (of the Dukes of Fife) - the Queen could request that they allow B. to borrow it ... [sigh] Just a dream, but it would be fantastic to see it in use, if only for one day! 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: