Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Poll
Question: What tiara would you like Bea to wear on her wedding day?  (Voting closed: May 28, 2020, 09:14:33 PM)
MF Sapphire Bandeau - 33 (21.7%)
Strathmore Rose - 32 (21.1%)
QV Sapphire Circlet - 29 (19.1%)
QM Lozenge Bandeau - 17 (11.2%)
QV Oriental Circlet - 7 (4.6%)
Sarah's York Diamond - 25 (16.4%)
Wreath of Flowers - 9 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 95

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrice's Wedding Tiara Poll  (Read 13774 times)
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2020, 07:02:23 AM »

Sadly all of those are out...

The Ogilvy Tiara is property of Princess Alexandra...her one and only tiara, poor gal.

The Cambridge Sapphire was property of the Duke/Duchess of Kent but was sold sometime after Princess Marina's death.  A new tiara was made with the suite's necklace...but sadly that one is butt ugly and still property of the Duke/Duchess of Kent.

The Gloucester Honeysuckle is property of the Duke/Duchess of Gloucester.

The Teck Crescent is reported to be in the set loaned to the Duchess of Cornwall.

The poll has the most likely choices (except for Queen Victoria's Sapphire Circlet) though they may still surprise us with a unknown from the vault.  A new to the BRF tiara is highly unlikely considering Bea's position and that all the other granddaughters(-in-law) got loans from either The Queen or their mother(-in-law).  New commissions aren't announced they just appear but with the size of the vault are very rare in the BRF...reworking an old piece is more common but still rare and never announced.

I find it strange that Fergie had a new buy.....  maybe the era, and the fact she didn’t have a family one like Diana? Or perhaps the Queen saw the writing on the wall way back then? TBH, Fergie was probably the first married-in that didn’t come from foreign royalty, or from the type of family that had a tiara or two in the vaults.

I have a feeling Fergie’s tiara is no longer around, unless it does turn up on Bea.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2020, 08:16:05 AM »

Sadly all of those are out...

The Ogilvy Tiara is property of Princess Alexandra...her one and only tiara, poor gal.

The Cambridge Sapphire was property of the Duke/Duchess of Kent but was sold sometime after Princess Marina's death.  A new tiara was made with the suite's necklace...but sadly that one is butt ugly and still property of the Duke/Duchess of Kent.

The Gloucester Honeysuckle is property of the Duke/Duchess of Gloucester.

The Teck Crescent is reported to be in the set loaned to the Duchess of Cornwall.

The poll has the most likely choices (except for Queen Victoria's Sapphire Circlet) though they may still surprise us with a unknown from the vault.  A new to the BRF tiara is highly unlikely considering Bea's position and that all the other granddaughters(-in-law) got loans from either The Queen or their mother(-in-law).  New commissions aren't announced they just appear but with the size of the vault are very rare in the BRF...reworking an old piece is more common but still rare and never announced.

I find it strange that Fergie had a new buy.....  maybe the era, and the fact she didn’t have a family one like Diana? Or perhaps the Queen saw the writing on the wall way back then? TBH, Fergie was probably the first married-in that didn’t come from foreign royalty, or from the type of family that had a tiara or two in the vaults.

I have a feeling Fergie’s tiara is no longer around, unless it does turn up on Bea.

Ferguson family would not have had a tiara and I'm guessing she got one as wedding present as it was unlikely she'd get access to anything from the vault on a regular basis. It seems that Sophie has but very unsubstantial pieces and her wedding tiara was a very poor piece indeed
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2020, 01:03:58 PM »

I wouldn’t be surprised if the thought in the 80s went something like...”future queen gets a loan because in due course she’ll have access to everything while “lesser” wives get something new because they won’t, it will prevent more from leaving the collection, and they can design something they want”.  But then the 90s happened. 

For all we know there is/was a plan to get Sophie (and other minor HRH wives) something of her own for a major anniversary (say 25th in 2024).  I’m just guessing here but the thought might be to ensure they’re going the distance.
ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2020, 02:01:25 PM »

I would love Beatrice to wear this one.

The Burmese Ruby Tiara
  http://orderofsplendor.bl...y-burmese-ruby-tiara.html

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2020, 02:02:31 PM »

Off topic slightly but whilst looking at tiara’s I read that the city of London gifted Princess Michael of Kent her wedding tiara? That seems quite OTT for a foreign born, aristocratical divorcée marrying a minor Royal?  

Back on topic, I have a feeling it’ll be the lozenge or the MF sapphire as they haven’t been seen recently and are relatively low key, so befitting her place in the line.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2020, 02:13:10 PM »

I believe that it was Princess Marina that was gifted a tiara by the City of London and then she left it to Prince Michael.  Oh those were the days.  I found this site that gives a decent breakdown of major jewelry gift to past royal brides (https://www.royal-magazin...england/royalweddings.htm).

As for the Burmese Ruby Tiara...unlikely, though more likely than a new purchase or a new creation.  Despite it's sad design it could look very nice on Beatrice.  Liz has a collection of 9 tiaras, including the ruby, that appear to be for her use only.  Really, the way she organizes the vault is so strange and stingy AF.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 03:55:35 PM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2020, 03:50:27 PM »

I believe that it was Princess Marina that was gifted a tiara by the City of London and then she left it to Prince Michael.  Oh those were the days.  I found this site that gives a decent breakdown of major jewelry gift to past royal brides (https://www.royal-magazin...england/royalweddings.htm).

As for the Burmese Ruby Tiara...unlikely, though more likely than a new purchase or a new creation.    Despite it's sad design it could look very nice on Beatrice.Liz has a collection of 9 tiaras, including the ruby, that appear to be for her use only.  Really, the way she organizes the vault is so strange and stingy AF.

That’s a great link, OC - thanks!

I agree with you on the Burmese. Aside from the fact that it’s one of “the nine”, my own personal opinion that it’s too much for a bridal tiara.
Nappyolean

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2020, 05:24:56 PM »

I don’t understand why QE2 didn’t loan Sarah a tiara. Then Sarah puts it back in the vault. But I think it’s “bad luck” to wear the tiara of a failed marriage so I hope Bea doesn’t wear Sarah’s.
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2020, 07:34:21 PM »

If I was a multibillionaire I would create and donate some tiaras to the BRF just to zhuzh up the vault a bit 
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2020, 10:26:40 PM »

How about this lovely Tiara by Henri Lavabre for Cartier from 1913?     
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/174303448051339213
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2020, 12:58:24 AM »

I personally love rubies, but I think that it might clash with her hair in a really obvious way. For example, Most redheads would never wear pink or red because it just does not work.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2020, 12:53:45 PM »

I personally love rubies, but I think that it might clash with her hair in a really obvious way. For example, Most redheads would never wear pink or red because it just does not work.

Lots of redheads wear red and pink. Im a redhead and wear those colours all the time. For a long time i didnt as an adult but then saw lots of redheaded celebs rocking red and pink.

Not sure if she'd do a coloured stone as her sister did that. She may wish to be different.
Nappyolean

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2020, 02:22:43 PM »

Obviously people should be able to wear whatever color they choose. However, on your wedding day, with pictures that will be displayed forever, Bea should choose wisely with her gown and tiara. I just think her big blue eyes are her biggest asset and a blue gem (sapphire) would really be beautiful. Or even a no colored stone tiara would work, too. IMO, rubies are kind of over the top on bridal tiaras.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2020, 09:32:56 PM »

No matter what, I sincerely hope she’ll be a stunning bride. I think she deserves to look every bit as lovely as Eugenie did.

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2020, 09:23:10 PM »

YES!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: