Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haakon & Mette-Marit - News & Events 2020  (Read 30633 times)
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2020, 11:49:32 AM »

MM posted two new photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8tEWUwhpW5/

« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 12:10:17 PM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 03:29:43 PM »

Awww! 🥰
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 08:48:22 PM »

She has no problem skiing in the cold with her lung disease  . When was her last official event ?
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 10:45:58 AM »

On the pictures she is not skiing, she is standing otuside their cabin in Uvdal, not really in ski clothes.

However..... except Ari Behns funeral she has attended one event this years, one. There has been inhouse events at the palace she could have attended, but I guess she now lives the life she probably would have if she would not have married Haakon, as a stay at home mum, just with alot of  luxury.

The court is sending 88 year old Astrid on crutches and with a steel corsette to Trondheim for the Norwegian-swedish ski-tour this weekend, says alot about their different view on duty and work with health troubles. Se og hÝr informs us she has been to the Maldives for "rest".

I really think that the court should have been a bit more specific about the consequences of her illness. When they anounced it, it sounded like it would not be much different from what it used to be with som breaks or shorter days on forreign trips and such. But when its down to one event or so a month, if that is all her health can manage they should have said that. Now you get the sense she does the events she has interest in (litterature) or are maximum important (Nobel, national day, Holmenkollen), but dont bother with boring stuff she has to get dressed up for like official dinners, lunches and state visits, not to talk about normal "bread and butter" events.

But I guess she will be at the opening of the new Deichman library in Oslo on march 28th Roll Eyes wonder about Daisys birthday....
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 12:13:40 PM »

I completely agree.

MM has never been a workhorse and while her illness is (sadly) very real, itís also very hard to not think that itís also come as a very convenient excuse. And, tbh, itís not like she works less now than before. Itís just that now itís no longer okay to point out that sheís also lazy and cherrypicking.

Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 02:12:00 PM »

I completely agree.

And, tbh, itís not like she works less now than before. Itís just that now itís no longer okay to point out that sheís also lazy and cherrypicking.

IMO it much less now, much. She used to have around 70-100 events, In 2016 she had about 100 if you count each day of a official and state visit as one event. At this rate she will hardly get to 20.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 02:17:16 PM »

I completely agree.

And, tbh, it’s not like she works less now than before. It’s just that now it’s no longer okay to point out that she’s also lazy and cherrypicking.

IMO it much less now, much. She used to have around 70-100 events, In 2016 she had about 100 if you count each day of a official and state visit as one event. At this rate she will hardly get to 20.

And at the same time she posted pictures on IG of how she’s living her best life.  Not that she shouldn’t enjoy life but looking purely at the optics, it’s not a good look to be boasting about your holidays or whatever while basically not working.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 02:40:08 PM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
kate_180

Baby Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 02:26:09 PM »

I completely agree.

And, tbh, itís not like she works less now than before. Itís just that now itís no longer okay to point out that sheís also lazy and cherrypicking.

Larzen and Harley I agree totally about MM.
I think it is bad that she is not using her potential, because in her interviews I get a really smart impression by her. It is clearly she is very intelligent but also very lazy.

I do feel sorry for her because of her illness,but I canít help getting the feeling that she is using it to not have to work.

I remember in her interviews that she gave a reason why she was traveling so much because the doctors couldnít find anything wrong with her in Norway.
I just donít buy it, she has access to the best health care many people canít  dream about.

Honestly she was lazy and did work minimal before she got her illness. Does anyone really believe that she now with a illness will work More ?!?

I always thought the Norwegian monarchy will fall first and I still believe it.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 03:05:37 PM »

I completely agree.

And at the same time she posted pictures on IG of how sheís living her best life.  Not that she shouldnít enjoy life but looking purely at the optics, itís not a good look to be boasting about your holidays or whatever while basically not working.

Especially juxtaposed with pictures of the octegenarian King Harald,  Queen Sonja and Princess Astrid doing the royal graft in their golden years with their own health issues.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 09:39:46 PM »

I completely agree.

And at the same time she posted pictures on IG of how sheís living her best life.  Not that she shouldnít enjoy life but looking purely at the optics, itís not a good look to be boasting about your holidays or whatever while basically not working.

Especially juxtaposed with pictures of the octegenarian King Harald,  Queen Sonja and Princess Astrid doing the royal graft in their golden years with their own health issues.

ITA with you all.

MM also isn't the brightest one either. I guess, if she would be one of us commoners she'd be one of those getting fired for posting images on Facebook, while being on sick leave.

Like ha ha my boss doesn't know that I'm in Hawaii.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2020, 07:58:35 AM »

MM and Haakon are sending greetings from their home office: https://www.instagram.com/p/B99pU0phhXH/

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2020, 08:20:19 AM »

She has lost a lot of weight.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 09:17:37 AM »

They both look good and happy, particularly MM. I wish she would work more.

Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2020, 03:28:37 PM »

Those are nice pictures. What a loom! MM weaves?
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 09:28:41 PM »

More greetings from Skaugum, where they had chili con carne for dinner that Magnus made as part of his homework assignments

The family dog Muffins also made it into one of the pictures  Cute
⁣⁣

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: