Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haakon & Mette-Marit - News & Events 2020  (Read 20374 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2020, 11:48:57 PM »

Very beautiful pictures. Glad that the Norwegians got to spend their National day like this.
amethyst

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2020, 12:49:49 AM »

I'm glad they got to celebrate national day, even with modifications, in the current situation. and I love that the doggos were included!! 
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2020, 12:58:41 AM »

That's a Lincoln Continental --convertible AND suicide doors!  Swoon.
Buick Roadmaster,  Swoon Swoon Swoon  Wink

Star Larzen, Lady Adelaide.

Sad all I could think of was social distancing.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2020, 01:50:11 AM »

I don't know cars.  What is a suicide door?
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2020, 03:16:36 AM »

Gorgeous! What a beautiful 17 Mai.

Suicide doors are where the door handles are next to each other. The front door opens like a regular door, but the back door opens so when both doors are open there is a big gap. Honestly, it looks easier to get in the back door of such a car. If you held on to the handle and the door flew open, you flew out with it.

It's an unfortunate name, though. My dad had a Mercury with such doors.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2020, 06:09:02 PM »

Wow, Ingrid Alexandra is going to be -- already is -- one of the great beauties!

Loved the way the Norwegian Royals managed to be visible to the people for Syttende Mai. But I'm certainly hoping that next year can be more normal, with the children's parades throughout the country. And I really missed seeing all those bunads!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2020, 06:50:44 PM »

More

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2020, 10:22:50 PM »

That's a Lincoln Continental --convertible AND suicide doors!  Swoon.
Buick Roadmaster,  Swoon Swoon Swoon  Wink

Star Larzen, Lady Adelaide.

Sad all I could think of was social distancing.

There is a very low rate of the illness in Norway right now so it’s not difficult to understand why people are taking it a bit easier now.
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2020, 08:31:28 AM »

It is, there is 52 people in hospital, only 11 on a ventilator in total.

The car trip has been very well recieved, a way of "when we cant come to the royals, the royals comes to us"
They took the cars to some of the poorer parts of Oslo, although because the cars are so old they could not stop the cars where there were up-hill because the feared they would not start again. It was clear that the staff at Ullevål hospital knew they were coming as well as the care home the CP family visited, other than that not even the press knew of the trip trough town.

As to social distancing, for a national day there was plenty of social distancing if you compare to last year
https://www.vg.no/nyheter...erledes-er-aarets-feiring

Norways celebration of national day is very different than other countries, not just in the capital but in every little town or place, no military, most of all its about he kids, and  this year there were a lot of smal parades with 20 persons and one meter distance, or boat parades and car parades across the country this year, a lot of invention to make it as nice a day as possible under the restrictions for the kids who look forward to this day every year.

The government had planned for this celebration, and with the exceptions of some bigger youth parties which escalated a bit, it pretty much went as the government wanted it to. A lovely day and just what was needed after we have in my opinion been pretty effective with our restrictions and people have mostly done as they have been told. Though as the weather gets nicer I do think it will be more and more difficult to keep the social distancing rules....we dont have many months of the nice weather so you want to enjoy even if it will get crowded on the beaches this year when noone is allowed to vacation abroad... Thinking
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2020, 01:50:00 AM »

Sometimes, social distance doesn't appear to be followed in photos, but when you get an arial shot you can see that it is.   I just read an interesting article about it, (and I'm sorry I can't remember the source) with real time photos and arial shots of same. 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2020, 08:05:26 AM »

Sometimes, social distance doesn't appear to be followed in photos, but when you get an arial shot you can see that it is.   I just read an interesting article about it, (and I'm sorry I can't remember the source) with real time photos and arial shots of same. 

It also makes a huge difference from which ankle a photo is taken.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2020, 10:41:47 AM »

Haakon and MM spoke with 19 children from the third and fourth grade of Fjellgardane Primary School in Bykle municipality via video call. The main theme of the conversation was national day celebrations of May 17

Everytime when I see it, I just want their bookcupboards more and more 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2020, 10:42:51 AM »

Haakon and MM spoke with 19 children from the third and fourth grade of Fjellgardane Primary School in Bykle municipality via video call. The main theme of the conversation was national day celebrations of May 17

Four little vases of flowers are nice but not up to the standard of 20 teeny tiny houseplants.

(Also, genuinely love their house.)

they don't make it to the tiny house plants in Belgium
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2020, 08:25:52 PM »

Magnar Alfred Fjeldvær, the partner of MM's mother Marit Tjessem, passed away at 83 years old. His funeral was held in Kristiansand last week.

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2020, 02:57:49 AM »

Is the lady in the jeggings MM’s mother?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: