Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haakon & Mette-Marit - News & Events 2020  (Read 30634 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2020, 11:18:54 AM »

I think it is Marius and Juliannes dog:)

What a face Cute

Thank you, and indeed that face Wink
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2020, 11:06:54 AM »

MM and Haakon hiking during the weekend

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2020, 11:13:26 AM »

Haakon and MM are travelling in Southern Norway to learn more about how the coronavirus pandemic has affected various Norwegian industries. This week they are visiting Kristiansund, FlorÝ and Stavanger and meeting people in sectors such as health, agriculture, volunteering, media, education, oil and energy.

Arriving to Kristiansund

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2020, 03:10:58 PM »

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2020, 05:57:53 PM »

They visited FlorÝ today

https://www.kongehuset.no...?tid=184953&sek=26939

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2020, 06:28:04 PM »

What gorgeous scenery!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2020, 03:35:07 PM »

MM and Haakon visited the oil and energy industry in Stavanger today to learn about how the corona pandemic has affected the sector

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2020, 11:05:31 PM »

Thanks for all the gorgeous photos, LA!
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2020, 08:27:28 AM »

It's nice to see MM working, rare moments but I think she does it well, she's kind and she has a connection with people.
Haakon is very warm too but, imo, he has a natural shyness and if MM worked more and if they worked more together, maybe Haakon would seem more open. Not that he's bad, not at all. It's just that he doesn't seem very extrovert.

Anyway, visiting different industries it's a good move and everyone needs support because every single apsect of economy has been affected.

thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2020, 02:26:42 PM »

It's nice to see MM working, rare moments but I think she does it well, she's kind and she has a connection with people.
Haakon is very warm too but, imo, he has a natural shyness and if MM worked more and if they worked more together, maybe Haakon would seem more open. Not that he's bad, not at all. It's just that he doesn't seem very extrovert.

Anyway, visiting different industries it's a good move and everyone needs support because every single apsect of economy has been affected.

I get the same impression about MM as well - she seems to enjoy herself and comes across as a warm, kind person when interacting with others. Makes it all the more odd to me that she doesn't work more.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2020, 07:36:09 PM »

Well, part of it is certainly her illness. But even before she got ill, she was never a workhorse. The whole truth is probably that she is ill AND lazy.

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2020, 11:16:13 PM »

Well, part of it is certainly her illness. But even before she got ill, she was never a workhorse. The whole truth is probably that she is ill AND lazy.

My friend has the same illness. She is working full time, but can't go to high-amplitude Tahoe to accompany her kids. MM can ski, hiking, but can't fulfill her 'part-time' CPss work. She is lucky Norwegian press has been so generous towards her.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2020, 04:35:28 AM »

Haakon really is becoming a secret crush of mine, he's ageing very nicely! I like MM's hair where a few strands are gripped back, I've not seen that hairstyle on her and it suits her.

Nice to see them both getting out and about, it would be nice to see MM more, and I'm only hoping that some sort of transformation a la the Cambridges is on the cards!

Does MM have many patronages or meetings held at the royal palace, or are her engagements mainly outside palace walls? I feel a bit out of touch with the NRF as their social media/royal websites arent always the most updated!
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2020, 03:29:56 PM »

I'm not the most attentive fashion observer but I can see that MM was dressed in simpler, clearer lines lately. Much better than the frilled sofa cushions she wore before. I'm not sure I like all her trousers but overall, she looks much better dressed.

She may have had health troubles for a long time. I know quite a lot of people for whom the long road towards diagnosis was more difficult than the diagnosis itself. And not all the work is done before our eyes. I'm ready to cut her some slack ;-) At least the pictures show that she tries to connect to the people she meets, and her husband looks very happy with her. Two people having a long and harmonious relationship is always nice to see, especially in a difficult job where the family needs to be really stable in order to deal with the pressure.

Norway is such a gorgeous country. Lucky Norwegians!

(I used to like Haakon until he gave a very preachy interview to a German magazine... and later it turned out that his own yacht or whatever it was didn't conform to the standards he preached so eloquently at all. I don't know why being a royal has to turn someone into some kind of internationally acknowledged preacher of morals. So I'm no longer a Haakon fan, unfortunately, because he looks quite friendly.)
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2020, 07:26:56 PM »

I'm not the most attentive fashion observer but I can see that MM was dressed in simpler, clearer lines lately. Much better than the frilled sofa cushions she wore before. I'm not sure I like all her trousers but overall, she looks much better dressed.

She may have had health troubles for a long time. I know quite a lot of people for whom the long road towards diagnosis was more difficult than the diagnosis itself. And not all the work is done before our eyes. I'm ready to cut her some slack ;-) At least the pictures show that she tries to connect to the people she meets, and her husband looks very happy with her. Two people having a long and harmonious relationship is always nice to see, especially in a difficult job where the family needs to be really stable in order to deal with the pressure.

Norway is such a gorgeous country. Lucky Norwegians!

(I used to like Haakon until he gave a very preachy interview to a German magazine... and later it turned out that his own yacht or whatever it was didn't conform to the standards he preached so eloquently at all. I don't know why being a royal has to turn someone into some kind of internationally acknowledged preacher of morals. So I'm no longer a Haakon fan, unfortunately, because he looks quite friendly.)

I would be prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt with regards to work however, there have been several instances where MM begged off work due to ill health but was well enough to attend a fashion or celebrity event which coincided with work.

MM has also used her fear of flying as an excuse to get out of work events but she was also able to fly for events that are personally of interest to her.

Sorry Careen but MM has proved herself to me to be a work-shy flake and her illness does not change that.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: