Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Laughs, Memes, and Positive Quotes  (Read 24414 times)
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2020, 08:44:55 PM »

"40 Cats That Fell Asleep In The Weirdest Places "

https://www.boredpanda.co...-sleeping-strange-places/

https://fr.quora.com/Quel...t-dormir-nimporte-o%C3%B9

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2020, 08:51:38 PM »

I love it!  Banana
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2020, 08:53:17 PM »

Those fur babies  Hug

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2020, 08:30:41 AM »

Laughing Star
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2020, 04:11:23 PM »

Sleeping cats is JUST what I needed today!
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2020, 08:42:23 PM »

https://www.ipnoze.com/chats-font-choses-bizarres/  Kitty  Icecream
Moar pics on the link.

#Idontgiveatoss

"Is this what is called cubism ?"

Self-sufficed cat.

LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2020, 08:54:06 PM »

If you have an Instagram account, you might want to follow Bowie the rescued cat : https://www.instagram.com/bowie__the__cat/

Fun Facts : David Bowie didn't have eyes of a different color or heterochromia.  Cool

Big pictures here : https://www.ipnoze.com/chat-yeux-vairons-bowie/  Hug

I hope the Cat Ladies of Royal Dish enjoyed this.  Cool

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2020, 09:56:36 PM »

My daily dose of doggies....love this UPS Instagram account > USP DOGS: https://www.instagram.com/upsdogs/

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 10:06:33 PM by PeDe » Logged

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2020, 08:36:11 AM »

My daily dose of doggies....love this UPS Instagram account > USP DOGS: https://www.instagram.com/upsdogs/

So sweet....

I am apparently a familiar face and smell for many dogs in my neighbourhood Smiley
Also someone who provides good scratches to the dog of our company CEO (and with me many of my colleagues). He is not standard at the company, but if he is here, he exactly knows were to go for the scratches and other attention.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2020, 07:21:43 PM »

oh, that's so neat, Principessa, that you guys (or you CEO) bring your dog(s) to work. It would be great if more companies would do it. Such a natural stress relief to pet a dog, and look in his/her eyes.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2020, 10:29:07 PM »

Sadly that would depend on the dog. My little rascal is a cutie, but he hates other dogs with a vengance and I am afraid he would need to be the only dog in the office (ahem ...building) otherwise the mayhem would be unbelievable.
BTW, anybody any ideas on how to get a dog to stop wanting to kill each and every one of his race? There is no rhyme or reason and even after consulting vets (and yes! a canine psychotherapist) my spaniel is turning into Cujo the Killerdog at the very sight of another dog.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2020, 03:24:18 AM »

LOOOOOOOOOOL, fairy

I'm in the same boat. I could only take him to the office if I would work there alone. He turns into cujo with almost all dogs or puppies, with golf carts, with men, with children, with motorcycles, and crows...gawwwd. We did the same thing, consulting our vet, had him on holistic meds, trainers, behaviourists, etc., and it's still going on.

I made one observation though, through a neighbour (moved away since Sad) that had one of the biggest golden retrievers I've ever seen: Tucker. We met by chance when I was walking outside our complex (nice little hiking paths) and he came towards us....all I thought was holy shit, here we go, let the drama begin. I tried to somehow dodge them, but he beelined straight at us.

Whe I told the neighbour that Rohe is a bit "iffiy" with other, bigger, new dogs he meets...iffy my butt  Blush ... the neighbour kept his cool, and just said, they will be totally fine, and that I shouldn't worry. They sniffed, jumped around each other, and we walked for a good while next to each other. Tucker and Rohe became the biggest buddies. Tucker came to our apartment to pick Rohe up when he went for a walk....craziest thing I've ever seen. The neighbour lived here for 3 years then they moved away. So sad for Ro. Now, he has 3 other dogs on the complex he is happy to see - they are different sizes, different breeds. Every other dog, he wants to go crazy on.

What all the dogs had in common was the very positive energy, kind energy of their owners. The owners were all different ages, sex, and cultures. But they all had the same aura if you will radiating from them. And that's what he felt and still feels. There was/is something about them that totally calms him down...and their dogs are rather calm and gentle themselves.

Also, my vet told me that Ro is really a scaredy-cat, and that his first instinct is to turn into cujo to frighten away things, people, and other dogs. And that if the other dog is calm, non-reactive to the drama Ro is creating, Ro will be able to calm and trust himself. And that even if a dog and dog owner seem calm and friendly to me, Rohe's perception und understanding of the signals they give off, is much deeper more detailed than I can see or imagine.

So truly, hell, I don't even bother anymore, if he feels the need to bark at other people, or dogs, I just calmly remove him from the situation, even though he acts like the devil on a leash. It's these "hidden" signals - sometimes a flick of an ear, tail being high and not levelled, eye contact, the smell of the other dog, that can trigger reactions. A dogs nonverbal communications is the most faszinating thing to me, and even if I can read and predict Ro's behaviour pretty well, I'm sure my human brain and eyes, miss so much, that he obviously picks up and reacts to.

Dogs have really their own characters. Almost all my dogs were rescues, and Dexter for examples was everybodies friend, you talked nicely to him, he would follow you home. Roxie, hated cats in general, white cats specifically, or white dogs with passion. Don't ask my why. When we encountered a white dog, we found ourselves walking on the other side of the complex, or street, or town...LOL. But all my dogs, surrounded by their family and friends at home, being with their pack, were/are the sweetest, nicest dogs you could ever think of.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 03:41:32 AM by PeDe » Logged

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2020, 09:52:38 AM »

oh, that's so neat, Principessa, that you guys (or you CEO) bring your dog(s) to work. It would be great if more companies would do it. Such a natural stress relief to pet a dog, and look in his/her eyes.

It depends on the circumstances. In general, it shouldn't become a habit overhere, if you know what I mean. It is not the intention. There are also people who are afraid of dogs or just don't like them. In the short time that I have been working here (3 to 4 years) I have only experienced 2 dogs at the office. A dog of a colleague who mainly stayed in his office. A small dog, old and practically deaf. She only came along if he couldn't find a babysitter (dog could also be home alone before, but now due to her age and physical condition....). That was rare, and last year this dog passed away. Our CEO's dog, a Frisian stabij, is more often at the office. But a quiet, sweet dog, who knows his ways & spots around the office and also knows who grants scribbles and stuff. In the office, he is then in the room of the CEO. BTW I don't remember ever hearing him bark.

RED: the (Frisian) Stabij or Stabyhound: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stabyhoun
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2020, 09:53:28 AM »

Sadly that would depend on the dog. My little rascal is a cutie, but he hates other dogs with a vengance and I am afraid he would need to be the only dog in the office (ahem ...building) otherwise the mayhem would be unbelievable.
BTW, anybody any ideas on how to get a dog to stop wanting to kill each and every one of his race? There is no rhyme or reason and even after consulting vets (and yes! a canine psychotherapist) my spaniel is turning into Cujo the Killerdog at the very sight of another dog.

Did something happen to him when he was a puppy or so?
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2020, 07:09:50 PM »

Not entirely related but I don't know where to post this. A reminder that the USA would not be the USA were it not for the help of one very motivated French aristo, the Marquis de Lafayette. From history.com https://www.history.com/t...major-general-without-pay

On July 31, 1777, a 19-year-old French aristocrat, Marie-Joseph Paul Roch Yves Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette, accepts a commission as a major-general in the Continental Army—without pay.

During his service as the Continental Congress’ secret envoy to France, Silas Deane had, on December 7, 1776, struck an agreement with French military expert, Baron Johann DeKalb, and his protege, the Marquis de Lafayette, to offer their military knowledge and experience to the American cause. However, Deane was replaced with Benjamin Franklin and Arthur Lee, who were unenthused by the proposal. Meanwhile, King Louis XVI feared angering Britain and prohibited Lafayette’s departure. The British ambassador to the French court at Versailles demanded the seizure of Lafayette’s ship, which resulted in Lafayette’s arrest. Lafayette, though, managed to escape, set sail and elude two British ships dispatched to recapture him.

Following his safe arrival in South Carolina, Lafayette traveled to Philadelphia, expecting to be made General George Washington’s second-in-command. Although Lafayette’s youth made Congress reluctant to promote him over more experienced colonial officers, the young Frenchman’s willingness to volunteer his services without pay won their respect and Lafayette was commissioned as a major-general.

Lafayette served at Brandywine in 1777, as well as Barren Hill, Monmouth and Rhode Island in 1778. Following the formal treaty of alliance with Lafayette’s native France in February 1778 and Britain’s subsequent declaration of war, Lafayette asked to return to Paris and consult the king as to his future service. Washington was willing to spare Lafayette, who departed in January 1779. By March, Franklin reported from Paris that Lafayette had become an excellent advocate for the American cause at the French court. Following his six-month respite in France, Lafayette returned to aid the American war effort in Virginia, where he participated in the successful siege of Yorktown in 1781, before returning to France and the further service of his own country.

Bold mine. I now know what explains a lot of things--age and the pre-age-25-year-old brain:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: