Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John Legend and Chrissy Teigen lost their newborn 3rd child  (Read 2092 times)
shastadaisy

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2020, 03:30:32 AM »

Chrissyís mom is with them ALL the time. She seems like she helps out as a combo nanny/housekeeper. My first thought was that she took the pictures as she would be one who might logically have been there already. She seems very close to John too and the kids clearly adore her.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2020, 09:52:14 AM »

There's a wonderful group called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep that does complimentary photo sessions of stillborns and their families. Photographers volunteer their time. I would imagine peoplw who can afford it would pay a photographer.

As far as I know there are even photographers in the Netherlands who are specialized in pictures of stillborns and their families. I have heard about it via a story of a couple who had a baby with severe spina bifida (into such an extent, the child would not survive) and related issues.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2020, 09:56:27 AM »

Iím sorry they lost their little one.  But photos like this?  Seriously?!  Thatís such an intensely private moment, who would even think to take pictures??  Ugh!!!

Anything that brings the topic of miscarriage front-of-mind and might help antenatal care policies get better  is fine by me.
Queenís Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2020, 10:59:45 AM »

Iím sorry they lost their little one.  But photos like this?  Seriously?!  Thatís such an intensely private moment, who would even think to take pictures??  Ugh!!!

Anything that brings the topic of miscarriage front-of-mind and might help antenatal care policies get better  is fine by me.

Thatís fine.  I just have a different point of view.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2020, 11:19:02 AM »

Worst comment ever: "you are young, you can have another"
WTF? I might say that to someone who dropped their ice cream coneÖ.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2020, 11:23:53 AM »

Seriously?!

This isn't the 16th century and there is no desperate need for an heir to a dynasty.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2020, 11:26:40 AM »

Actually someone said that to a friend of mine as well, who lost her husband of two years in her mid Twenties... it seems a quite popular advice. Wonder why nobody upon hearing it, palm faces and says: "of course, why haven't I thought of that?"

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2020, 12:20:45 PM »

For them it will be the only time they had with Jack. I think they took a lot of photos to have as much as possible to remember everything by.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2020, 01:54:28 PM »

My friend was told that. She did have other children after but nothing can replace the child she lost. People have a tendency to say things like that and "there's a reason for everything" in an attempt to comfort or make sense of something that just doesn't make sense. Just say "I'm sorry for your loss" and leave it at that.
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2020, 06:41:53 PM »

Many hospitals encourage you to take photos during this as well as photos of the baby. Itís a way to begin saying goodbye and start the healing process.

Sheís also far from the first person to share the photos to social media, just the most famous.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2020, 07:54:36 PM »

Heartbreaking. My prayers go out to them.

We need to discuss child death, stillbirth, etc, but I think it is a bit tacky to show such intimate - honestly staged - photos for your social media but that is the world we live in. Maybe though it will cause people to be more open about grief, miscarriage, stillbirth, things we hide and do not speak of. Many many women have miscarriages. We still don't talk about it. (I have had 2 - I do not talk about them because I feel people are insensitive and do not care.)
Ellie, I wish I could get into a time machine and give you a  hug big enough to help make the pain more bearable.  For those of my friends who went through miscarriages and chose to share, we were there for them for as much as they allowed us to be. With others, we only found out after they felt they were able to cope. Could we have provided more support? Yes. Did we care? Most definitely, yes. In some instances where pregnancies in a group of friends were concurrent, the mothers of babies who survived, experienced guilt for being granted the gift of life when it was wrenched from some-one else who deserved and cherished it no less - a form of survivor's guilt. In one case, the mother who had lost her baby was asked to be a god-mother to the child who survived - the shared child. It was meant to be an act of love. The god-mother saw it as such.

ďThe sheep fear the wolf, only to be eaten by the shepherd." Ė Flash Gordon
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2020, 06:33:10 PM »

Iíve taken plenty of pics like these for families over the years. Obviously many donít post on SM but some do. Itís probably healing for them
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2020, 04:38:16 PM »

Heartbreaking. My prayers go out to them.

We need to discuss child death, stillbirth, etc, but I think it is a bit tacky to show such intimate - honestly staged - photos for your social media but that is the world we live in. Maybe though it will cause people to be more open about grief, miscarriage, stillbirth, things we hide and do not speak of. Many many women have miscarriages. We still don't talk about it. (I have had 2 - I do not talk about them because I feel people are insensitive and do not care.)
Ellie, I wish I could get into a time machine and give you a  hug big enough to help make the pain more bearable.  For those of my friends who went through miscarriages and chose to share, we were there for them for as much as they allowed us to be. With others, we only found out after they felt they were able to cope. Could we have provided more support? Yes. Did we care? Most definitely, yes. In some instances where pregnancies in a group of friends were concurrent, the mothers of babies who survived, experienced guilt for being granted the gift of life when it was wrenched from some-one else who deserved and cherished it no less - a form of survivor's guilt. In one case, the mother who had lost her baby was asked to be a god-mother to the child who survived - the shared child. It was meant to be an act of love. The god-mother saw it as such.

I think with every grieve people have their different methods to cope with it.

Some are staying at home and don't want to see anybody, but are going out and literally drink their sorrows away.

Whatever helps them, is good.

We're not hereto judge anyone. Especially not, if it's something no one of us can relate too, if we haven't experienced it ourselves.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: