Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: George Floyd Memorial  (Read 473 times)
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2020, 08:27:00 PM »

If you are in the US it’s on the big three and CNN

If you are international it’s streaming live in YouTube.

https://youtu.be/GSRNKbQoS1M
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 10:35:35 PM »

I feel so terrible for this man and his family. There have been a few more examples of this same barbaric conduct by police officers in other states that are being reported on today. I was listening to MLK's speech from 1968 discussing police brutality. It seems that in half a century we've made little progress. I myself am a lily white girl in a very blue state, but I and my friends have also been the recipient of police bullying and corruption. It's a real problem in this country. After MLK's assassination the Kerner Commission  made several quite intelligent recommendations, for example that the police need to be a resident of whatever town. https://www.smithsonianma...obody-listened-180968318/
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 12:12:02 AM »

I was listening to a documentary filmmaker yesterday on NPR and also the very well spoken Clay Carson of Stanford--https://kinginstitute.stanford.edu/publications/king-papers-- (fun fact, I used to work for the publisher of those papers), who noted in 50 years less progress was made than thought or hoped for or expected.

I highly recommend the documentary Eyes on the Prize.

The other night, Obama had very good, solid, practical and practicable suggestions for how to actually implement change. It was nice to listen to him again. Well spoken, calming, articulate, informed.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 12:35:37 AM »

I feel so terrible for this man and his family. There have been a few more examples of this same barbaric conduct by police officers in other states that are being reported on today. I was listening to MLK's speech from 1968 discussing police brutality. It seems that in half a century we've made little progress. I myself am a lily white girl in a very blue state, but I and my friends have also been the recipient of police bullying and corruption. It's a real problem in this country. After MLK's assassination the Kerner Commission  made several quite intelligent recommendations, for example that the police need to be a resident of whatever town. https://www.smithsonianma...obody-listened-180968318/

I think we’ve regressed.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 12:35:53 AM »

I would love to see that public employees  ie police, fire, educators be residents of the towns/cities that employ them as I believe it would strengthen their bond to the community. Unfortunately unless a housing allowance is granted,  that might not be possible for many of these employees as they probably could not afford to live there.  Sad
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 03:02:00 AM »

"My daddy changed the world."

They mentioned today that his daughter knows her father died and that he died from asphyxiation. She doesn't know the specific details.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 03:52:07 AM »

"My daddy changed the world."

They mentioned today that his daughter knows her father died and that he died from asphyxiation. She doesn't know the specific details.

My heart breaks for his kids.  Been there (different circumstances but roughly same age as his daughter). 

What a tragic situation.  I pray good comes out of it ultimately, and what led to this situation never happens again. 
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 06:35:07 AM »

Some good did come out of it for the young lady. Kanye West Offered to pay her college. Guess he’s not always self involved. That was nice.

George Floyd also has an adult son.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: