Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Derf - News & Events  (Read 58529 times)
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2020, 03:58:54 AM »

Gross she looks and sounds like a good time girl if you know what I mean. Boy she loved ugly skinny belts back then too.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2020, 08:21:04 AM »

Gross she looks and sounds like a good time girl if you know what I mean. Boy she loved ugly skinny belts back then too.

and nude coloured shoes

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2020, 03:05:45 AM »

When Frederik first met Mary, is it correct that Mary did not know he was a Crown Prince?

I don't know if she knew that he was the Crown Prince, but she knew that he was royalty and that he was from Denmark. Fred was visiting Sidney, OZ to support the Danish delegation at the 2000 Summer Olympics. Fred was at the Slip Inn with his brother Joachim, his cousins Gustav Berleburg & cousin Nikolaos of Greece, Princess Märtha Louise of Norway, and Prince Felipe of Spain after the opening ceremony.

IIRC it was Mary's friend, Beatrice Tarnawski, who told Mary that royalty would be at the Slip Inn. Beatrice and Yrma cooked up the chest rubbing contest to see whether a man was more attractive with a hairy chest or not. Mary started to rub Frederick & Nikolaos' chest, and after the whole shenenigans, Frederick and Mary hooked up and he went home with her. Mary's then flatmate confirmed that Fred was in their apartment in the morning after the Slip In. Long story short, she knew that he was a royal from Denmark.

^ Mary

^ Joachim, Mary's friend and flatmate Beatrice Tarnawski, and Niko

It sounds so beautifull and romantic when you put it like that, PeDe! A  Star for your writing skills explaining that one!!

So Mares really is the one-night-stand that stayed?

I think considering Fred was the only CP of the royals, chances are Mares knew beforehand, or quickly learned from a "source" (was Wikipedia around back then?) Who Fred was. I dont know much about Nikolaos or Felipe, but neither, nor Jokke strike me as stupid to actually hook up with what seemed a very flirtatious woman in a bar, in public. Gustav wouldn't be considered by Mary due to lack of title/status. Fred was her only chance to be Queen.

I think Mary is the master puppeteer of the puppet that is Fred!
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2020, 03:18:36 AM »

The story has always reminded me of another couple but it hasn’t turned out as well. At least Mary knew to keep her mouth shut.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2020, 05:17:43 AM »

When Frederik first met Mary, is it correct that Mary did not know he was a Crown Prince?

I don't know if she knew that he was the Crown Prince, but she knew that he was royalty and that he was from Denmark. Fred was visiting Sidney, OZ to support the Danish delegation at the 2000 Summer Olympics. Fred was at the Slip Inn with his brother Joachim, his cousins Gustav Berleburg & cousin Nikolaos of Greece, Princess Märtha Louise of Norway, and Prince Felipe of Spain after the opening ceremony.

IIRC it was Mary's friend, Beatrice Tarnawski, who told Mary that royalty would be at the Slip Inn. Beatrice and Yrma cooked up the chest rubbing contest to see whether a man was more attractive with a hairy chest or not. Mary started to rub Frederick & Nikolaos' chest, and after the whole shenenigans, Frederick and Mary hooked up and he went home with her. Mary's then flatmate confirmed that Fred was in their apartment in the morning after the Slip In. Long story short, she knew that he was a royal from Denmark.

^ Mary

It sounds so beautifull and romantic when you put it like that, PeDe! A  Star for your writing skills explaining that one!!

I think considering Fred was the only CP of the royals, chances are Mares knew beforehand, or quickly learned from a "source" (was Wikipedia around back then?) Who Fred was. I dont know much about Nikolaos or Felipe, but neither, nor Jokke strike me as stupid to actually hook up with what seemed a very flirtatious woman in a bar, in public. Gustav wouldn't be considered by Mary due to lack of title/status. Fred was her only chance to be Queen.

Felipe was also CP at the time
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2020, 09:57:16 AM »

The story has always reminded me of another couple but it hasn’t turned out as well. At least Mary knew to keep her mouth shut.
And there were four years between the first meeting and the wedding.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2020, 02:22:10 PM »

I'm thinking of a few other couples...one in Sweden and another in Canada who found attractions hard to resist
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2020, 05:08:10 PM »

When did Fred last work?

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2020, 05:25:29 PM »

June 19, I believe. In a joint event with Marge and Mosh.

After that the family went of vacation. Only Daisy and Benne has some "summer events".

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2020, 06:05:26 PM »

^ Mary

Felipe was also CP at the time

Oh yes of course! I completely overlooked that!
Empress Rouge

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2020, 07:36:57 AM »

Wikipedia was launched in January 2001, so just after their meeting. I remember relying on Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia for most of my research back then, and they didn't have nearly as many articles as something open-sourced like Wikipedia (My guess would be at most, they just had an article on Queen Margrethe). Maybe if there was some Geocities Danish Royals fan page would she be easily look up details about the rest of the family.
CurleySharon

Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2020, 07:08:59 PM »

And he was the one who stuck.

Remember the Slip Inn. Yrma was not supposed to be there, but her friend told here there would be royalty and she changed her plans. With her friend in tow she went there to meet exactly that...royalty. She tried her luck with Gustav Berleburg, Felipe of Spain and Fred in a chest-rubbing contest. Fred thought it was good fun, and hung out with her. He never thought she would chase him down to DK. Especially, since he was still in a relations ship with his then girlfriend.   

I guess Fred was out for a good time.... clearly relationships were not important ...

and Mary was a good time girl.
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2020, 08:29:38 AM »

" a chest-rubbing contest "

How very quaint...   Blink
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2020, 06:21:32 PM »

Wikipedia was launched in January 2001, so just after their meeting. I remember relying on Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia for most of my research back then, and they didn't have nearly as many articles as something open-sourced like Wikipedia (My guess would be at most, they just had an article on Queen Margrethe). Maybe if there was some Geocities Danish Royals fan page would she be easily look up details about the rest of the family.

Thank you! And thank you for bringing back the blast from the past that is Encarta! I remember using that when I began school!
Gate Keeper

Baby Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2020, 12:57:17 AM »

Fred's dad bod is surprising given how nicely his suits seem to fit and how he does lots of sports.

his biggest  issue... his mouth/teefs Nerves Nerves Nerves Nerves Nerves
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: