Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Derf - News & Events  (Read 25534 times)
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2020, 04:05:35 PM »

It is awful that in these dark times these two show a picture of themselves pretending to care about culture I mean we know Mary doesn't care about it. The tv is in the corner and the whole picture is angled that does not look like a family tv room at all where their big crowd can gather around. I think it is funny that they use the word couch and not sofa I remember hearing from my granny that sofa is the proper word and couch is the lower class word. I know that is silly and it doesn't matter but funny for a prince.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2020, 06:04:53 PM »

Thatís Mary for you. I thought was the Exorcist too
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2020, 06:36:58 PM »

And she's pointing her toes as if wearing heels.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2020, 06:37:35 PM »

Her feet are probably stuck that way
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2020, 10:47:21 AM »

Fred and Christian visited the Danish sports team Astralis
look here:
http://kongehuset.dk/beso...nske-esportshold-astralis
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2020, 02:46:55 PM »

look here:

Good for Christian for participating (wonder why Fred didnít?).  Thanks CA!  Star
cottesmore girl

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2020, 12:27:19 PM »

look here:

Good for Christian for participating (wonder why Fred didnít?).  Thanks CA!  Star

Didn't he have a bad back a couple of years ago? Had an op?
Also some wrist / arm damage earlier this year?
I expect he was being careful.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2020, 04:38:25 PM »

It is awful that in these dark times these two show a picture of themselves pretending to care about culture I mean we know Mary doesn't care about it. The tv is in the corner and the whole picture is angled that does not look like a family tv room at all where their big crowd can gather around. I think it is funny that they use the word couch and not sofa I remember hearing from my granny that sofa is the proper word and couch is the lower class word. I know that is silly and it doesn't matter but funny for a prince.
In german "Couch" is far preferred to "Sofa". How is that in Danish?
Anyway, I didn't find it awful that they show themselves to enjoy culture during these times, in fact I think it would be a nice reminder of what is available online and on tv as an alternative to your normal routines.
However, I simply had to chuckle because imagining Fred enjoying literature, drama and theatre is like him stating that he only drinks beer from crystal glasses - it is something that I would buy from Charles, but honestly not really from any of the other cps or younger kings. (with the exception of Felipe, who would do that to please his wife)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2020, 07:41:11 PM »

In Danish, we only have one word for it. Sofa. So there isnít really much of a choice there Smiley

SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2020, 04:49:19 PM »

Anyway, I didn't find it awful that they show themselves to enjoy culture during these times, in fact I think it would be a nice reminder of what is available online and on tv as an alternative to your normal routines.
However, I simply had to chuckle because imagining Fred enjoying literature, drama and theatre is like him stating that he only drinks beer from crystal glasses - it is something that I would buy from Charles, but honestly not really from any of the other cps or younger kings. (with the exception of Felipe, who would do that to please his wife)

I grew up in the UK, and the word sofa or "settee" is used interchangeably.  I think settee is perhaps not a southern or London word, but I dont know for sure.
To me "couch" is the American term for it, and I rarely hear it used in the uk. I'm not sure what the Australian word is for it but perhaps the word couch is used and Fred has picked it up from Mary or he learned that word when learning English? I've noticed in a lot of English language programmes that American words are used instead of English, such as garbage/trash instead of rubbish.
cottesmore girl

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2020, 06:09:27 PM »

I grew up in the UK, and the word sofa or "settee" is used interchangeably.  I think settee is perhaps not a southern or London word, but I dont know for sure.
To me "couch" is the American term for it, and I rarely hear it used in the uk. I'm not sure what the Australian word is for it but perhaps the word couch is used and Fred has picked it up from Mary or he learned that word when learning English? I've noticed in a lot of English language programmes that American words are used instead of English, such as garbage/trash instead of rubbish.

I knew a few Australians from my time living in Asia and they nearly always used couch, never 'settee' or sofa. One or two would use the word lounge as in "Sit on the lounge" which is different.

Also, in the UK...sofa is "posher" than settee. I don't care...we say settee here!

On that subject...I work at a (very) posh school where the word toilet is banned. It has to be 'loo' which is apparently very upper class. (I never knew !)
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2020, 01:31:54 AM »

I knew a few Australians from my time living in Asia and they nearly always used couch, never 'settee' or sofa. One or two would use the word lounge as in "Sit on the lounge" which is different.

Also, in the UK...sofa is "posher" than settee. I don't care...we say settee here!

On that subject...I work at a (very) posh school where the word toilet is banned. It has to be 'loo' which is apparently very upper class. (I never knew !)

Its o/t for this board but if you would like to find out about the origin of the term loo, it was generated by someone to do with Shugborough Hall called Lucy or Lucillle. If you have a period of free time google it, it's very interesting. My short term memory means I've forgotten the actual facts but I remember that it was interesting!
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2020, 07:37:47 AM »

Happy birthday, Fred  Champagne
Wishing you some backbone and the courage to do your job properly and divorce Mosh...
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2020, 12:06:15 PM »

Honestly. He has been so invisible for the last year or so every time this thread pops up I am like "right. Frodo is there as well". It is not even fun dishing on them.
amster

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2020, 03:11:33 PM »

When I was younger, it was definitely always lounge. As in weíll sit on the lounge in the lounge room. These days couch is being used more and more, but I suspect thatís got to do with more American pop culture seeping in. I donít really hear sofa used much in Australia, but we definitely know the word.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: