Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Derf - News & Events  (Read 55514 times)
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2020, 05:10:36 PM »

http://kongehuset.dk/en/n...mpaign-to-the-netherlands

The Crown Prince Couple go on a business promotional campaign to The Netherlands

From 2-3 November 2020, Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and The Crown Princess will visit The Netherlands to lead a large Danish business delegation.
The green transition will be in focus in November when the Crown Prince Couple, together with a large business delegation, visit The Netherlands, which is Denmark’s sixth largest export market. With the title “Partnering for Green Transition”, Their Royal Highnesses will take part in a conference, seminars and company visits in The Hague and at the port in Rotterdam.

Through the years, the Crown Prince Couple have led a good many business and cultural promotional campaigns. Last year, Their Royal Highnesses visited South Korea and France, among other places, and previously there were visits to Sweden, the USA, Japan, Germany, Mexico and Chile. The objective of the visits has been to strengthen the relations between Denmark and the countries visited and to support the growth and position of Danish companies in the markets concerned.
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2020, 11:13:12 PM »

I wonder if they will have to meet Wax and Max or if they will try to avoid. Maxima outshines everyone and I would imagine makes Mary look worse than she does all by herself if they were photographed together.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2020, 11:35:00 PM »

Apparently the new riding arena at Fredensborg was funded by a charity foundation from one of the RF's rich friends and Mary was involved in every step Lolipop Lolipop
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2020, 12:18:54 AM »

Apparently the new riding arena at Fredensborg was funded by a charity foundation from one of the RF's rich friends and Mary was involved in every step Lolipop Lolipop

Really?  She has the walk down, but who has to braid her mane?
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2020, 12:31:48 AM »

That is so gross private money for a public family and only Mary uses it is she living a middle class nobody's dream or what?
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2020, 01:30:43 AM »

I wonder if they will have to meet Wax and Max or if they will try to avoid. Maxima outshines everyone and I would imagine makes Mary look worse than she does all by herself if they were photographed together.

Deep curtsey  pic please!!!!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2020, 10:33:24 AM »

I guess they will....and it is own Maxima's home ground Wink

IMO Max already outshined Mary at the state visit to Denmark a while back.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2020, 01:28:47 PM »

IMO Max already outshined Mary at the state visit to Denmark a while back.

Especially when Max showed up at the gala dinner in her coronation outfit and tiara ( the Mellerio Sapphire in an even grander setting !!). And Mares was stuck with the puny convertible necklace known as her wedding tiara . Priceless 

Vs

https://www.newmyroyals.c...isit-to-denmark-gala.html

onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2020, 07:54:25 PM »

Since it is mentioned, I have a question. We have seen Mary in official photos with the ruby set or the wonderful midnight tiara. Have we seen her wearing those in other occasions? Or she wears her wedding tiara only? As the crown princess, couldn't she wear other pieces too? Isn't she allowed? I mean, what's the story behind this? Because Isabella could very like chose Mary's wedding tiara as a starter and if Mary is still crown princess and not queen she will need something bigger.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2020, 08:07:15 PM »

I've read somewhere that Yrma cannot wear her whole Ruby parure outside of Denmark...even Daisy, as the Queen, cannot even wear her most impressive tiaras outside of Denmark.

IIRC, she wore single pieces, earrings, brooch, or bracelet from the Ruby parure when on int'l trips/representation.

Hence Yrma's obsession to change her wedding tiara (make it bigger), her permanent-loan midnight tiara, and her acquisiton of another one at an auction house.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 08:13:19 PM by PeDe » Logged

SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2020, 09:19:15 PM »

Is that a state decision or one of Marge's about the tiara wearing outside of Denmark? Because I could imagine Mares ripping up the rule book when Queen consort, destroying countless historical jewellery pieces and royal traditions, all the while being hailed as a "breath of fresh air" by sugary press like New Idea. I so hope that there are state provisions against Mary ruining the whole collection!!

I really think Mary will struggle to pass the Ruby parure on, and unfortunately the next wearer of it has to make-do with Mary's tasteless and tacky alterations to it.

I know that the parure was intended for the Crown Princess, but has Marge ever worn it, out of interest?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2020, 10:14:21 PM »

Is that a state decision or one of Marge's about the tiara wearing outside of Denmark? Because I could imagine Mares ripping up the rule book when Queen consort, destroying countless historical jewellery pieces and royal traditions, all the while being hailed as a "breath of fresh air" by sugary press like New Idea. I so hope that there are state provisions against Mary ruining the whole collection!!

I really think Mary will struggle to pass the Ruby parure on, and unfortunately the next wearer of it has to make-do with Mary's tasteless and tacky alterations to it.

I know that the parure was intended for the Crown Princess, but has Marge ever worn it, out of interest?

I believe Marge's Crown Jewels (3-4 different parures) that's by law for security reasons. Don't know if the Ruby parure is consideren a part of the Crown jewels as well, I only read she is not allowed to take it out of the country.

I think the Ruby parure was always intended to be the parure for the Crown Princess via the Crown Prince. So it came directly from Queen Ingrid - after her death - to Fredo for Mary, and will go to Christian for his wife, once the Derf's become "rulers".

So no, Daisy has not worn the Ruby parure officially.

Only Benedikte has worn it for fun privately

a bit of history:

....The next owner of the ruby set was Désirée's daughter-in-law, Josephine, who was known as Queen Josefina by the Swedes. She amassed an incredible collection of jewels during her lifetime, including legacies from Empress Josephine and the imperial family of Brazil. When her granddaughter, Princess Lovisa, married Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark in 1869, however, Josefina knew exactly which jewels to give her as a wedding present. Because the ruby set is red and white -- the colors of the Danish flag -- she offered them to Lovisa, who took them with her to Denmark.

The set has been in Denmark ever since. In 1898, Lovisa gave the hair ornaments to her new daughter-in-law, Alexandrine, who married the future King Christian X. She's the one who connected the two branches together and wore them as a sort of bandeau. When Lovisa died in 1926, she bequeathed the rest of the set to her elder son, King Christian.

Alexandrine was not a devotée of elaborate jewels, and she didn't keep the ruby parure in her own collection for long. Christian and Alexandrine gave the entire ruby set to their new daughter-in-law, Princess Ingrid of Sweden, in 1935. Ingrid, a great-great-great-granddaughter of the set's original owner, took the sparse bandeau and transformed it into a full, imposing wreath tiara. She also made other alterations and additions to the parure during her lifetime.

When Ingrid died in 2000, she left many of her jewels to her three daughters, but she bequeathed the ruby set to her grandson, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark. The rubies were earmarked for his future spouse -- who, unbeknownst to the world, Frederik had met a few months earlier. After the engagement between Frederik and Mary Donaldson was announced, the rubies were the first major set of royal jewels that she wore.

onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2020, 12:35:21 PM »

Very strange rule, not to wear such impressive pieces outside Denmark!
Thank you for the info!!!

Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2020, 01:13:23 PM »

Very strange rule, not to wear such impressive pieces outside Denmark!
Thank you for the info!!!

I would think taking major jewels outside of the country would have security issues so I guess I can understand it. But some Royal Families do it so I suppose it depends on how things are managed
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2020, 01:24:11 PM »

I belive the rule is for the emerald parue only. I dont belive that is ever worn abroad. Pretty sure Ingrid has worn the rubies abroad. Mary wore the Ruby tiara in Victorias wedding I think?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: