Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Social Unrest in Minneapolis and Other US Cities  (Read 14342 times)
karma chamelion

Huge Member

United States United States

Henry "Hotspur" Percy Esperance en Dieu

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: July 02, 2020, 10:24:21 AM »

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 11:00:58 AM by karma chamelion » Logged

We are made of the love of thousands.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: July 02, 2020, 10:45:10 AM »

I believe that the recent shootings Sad that saw a sixteen year old killed and a fourteen year old critically wounded signaled that the Zone needed to be cleared.

Shot by black CHOP Security. They didn’t get the BLM message?

I don't see anything saying who shot him, do you have inside information Hester? The DM? Redit? I see nothing locally.

It was definitely CHOP goons according to an eyewitness interviewed on one of the Youtube livestreams generally sympathetic to CHOP. The police weren't allowed in, and instead of an ambulance, they were carted to hospital in a car.

A CHOP friendly livestream? Why I'm shocked, I pictured you as more the Prntly type.

You are accusing me of being a Trump supporter? What are you basing that insult on?
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: July 02, 2020, 10:54:03 AM »

RD is one of the few places on the web where we can share ideas and experiences across the globe. Please play the ball, not the person.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: July 02, 2020, 11:00:31 AM »

I believe that the recent shootings Sad that saw a sixteen year old killed and a fourteen year old critically wounded signaled that the Zone needed to be cleared.

I don't see anything saying who shot him, do you have inside information Hester? The DM? Redit? I see nothing locally.

It was definitely CHOP goons according to an eyewitness interviewed on one of the Youtube livestreams generally sympathetic to CHOP. The police weren't allowed in, and instead of an ambulance, they were carted to hospital in a car.

A CHOP friendly livestream? Why I'm shocked, I pictured you as more the Prntly type.

You are accusing me of being a Trump supporter? What are you basing that insult on?

Off base, sorry. I'll delete if I can.
Playing the ball goes both ways, just saying.

Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: July 02, 2020, 11:02:11 AM »

Nobody said it doesn't, KC.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: July 02, 2020, 12:08:15 PM »

Off base, sorry. I'll delete if I can.
Playing the ball goes both ways, just saying.

"Just saying" means you aren't actually apologising.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: July 02, 2020, 01:04:10 PM »

CHOP or CHAZ not sure what it was being called but any way it is being cleared out.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: July 02, 2020, 07:04:37 PM »

Hester, no it doesn't mean that, it means that every time I post in this section I get hassled and I'm tired of it. It means that I think the apology should go both ways.

Barry, they cleared everyone out of the zone yesterday but all they did was push them into surrounding areas of the city. They haven't dispersed and there were many arrests throughout the city last night. This is far from over, there are rumors that there is a right-wing group of counter-protesters heading here on July 4 to violently confront the protesters. If that happens I'm afraid there will be a call from the Cuckoo's Nest in DC to activate martial law. His finger is on the trigger and he's just itching to pull it.

It's not a fun time to be in the Seattle area, I'm back to mostly staying home and puttering in my garden to keep my stress levels down.

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: July 02, 2020, 07:05:46 PM »

I don’t think it was a really good way to do a demonstration and now innocent people are killed
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2020, 07:37:56 PM »

I agree, in hindsight they should never have taken over a whole section of the city, that was a bridge too far. But is there ever a good way/time to start a revolution?

Being here, knowing this area and the people here (I grew up in a much more conservative part of the country and the people here are very different) the atmosphere to me was, in general, a big rowdy block party. One of my best friends who is black took her daughter and a friend down so they could experience it. She is the fiercest mother bear I know and would never endanger her babies, but she won't take them back down there now. It's been allowed by everyone involved to descend into madness and that's literally a shame. Now it's allowed the BLM movement to be hijacked by its enemies and cast in a bad light. Now Bozo has his excuse to move in and take over and that is a very real and frightening possibility at this point.

Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: July 02, 2020, 09:00:29 PM »

Chop was beyond ridiculous to begin with. Now people are dead. Reports of rape and other violence. The area is trashed. Mayor Jenny thought it was cute to coddle these people until they marched to her house and lawsuits were filed. I’m sure she’s not planning on paying a dime to clean it up and restore the area. Tax payers will. Thankfully some of the residents are suing.  I hope they sue everybody involved and win.  I can’t imagine having my home or business taken over like this. Oh and apparently choppers were trying to get back in last night, so we’ll see how long the police are allowed to control this.

Trump isn’t going to do anything. He’s limited by what he could do. It’s not his job. This is a states issue. Portland, Seattle, NYC, etc. and their democratic leaders can play with these violent, destructive children while their citizens suffer. They don’t want help.

One of the victims father was crying on the news last night. Very sad.

There have been a lot of legitimate and great protests for Mr. Floyd and for change. There is also a lot of violent, destructive BS that has nothing to do with him.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: July 02, 2020, 09:08:34 PM »

IMO it's very naive to think Trump is limited by anything but his monstrous ego. He has threatened to come in and clean up many times, he's just waiting for an excuse to do it without being asked.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: