Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What have you done to pass time during quarantine?  (Read 9669 times)
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2020, 11:26:26 PM »

Was doing a puzzle, 2000 pieces. Had 75% of it done when my cat destroyed it Secret Clown

Oh no! I got to the end of a 1000 piece puzzle and can't find the final piece... I suspect it was eaten by my puppy who will pick up anything not bolted down. At least he's cute!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2020, 08:46:10 AM »

This week I started with the fresh up of my rental appartement (were I have been living for >10 years already). A lot of work...most stuff I have (almost) never done before. F.e. repairing larger gaps in walls and such. I know that a lot of these things should have been done by the landlord....but if I have too wait for that. And also because of my mental state I am in need for a fresh, clean home were I feel well. Instead of simply having a place were I sleep and eat, a place were I feel home & were I like to have visitors again. Before I had the feeling my home looked to messy and chaotic (too much pulled together). But oh my my....this work really tires me out both physical as mentally...
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2020, 09:22:49 AM »

Taking pride and comfort in ones own appearance and surroundings is a big step in battling depression. The surge of pride in your accomplishments once you look around and see a nice and lovely home will go a long way towards making you feel a lot more energetic and happy. (at least that's what I am telling myself while in the midst of the chaos of cleaning or tidying up a mess).
That you already feel the motivation of doing something is a good indication that you can do it.

Just got the message from my employer, that I will be expected back at the University on thursday to prepare for opening. Getting back to some sort of normalcy will be good. I have grown very lazy and lätschig (a lovely term to describe being lazy, unmotivated, tired and uninterested).
The only thing I am definitely not looking forward to is getting up in the morning at 5something to get ready for work and walk the dog. Not sure if the fairy Spaniel is even willing to get up...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2020, 07:46:45 PM »

Yesterday my daughter and I got out paints and canvases we bought two years ago and finally started a section in the garage. She painted according to this guy Bob Ross, who has a very calming, soothing voice and makes you think anyone can paint a landscape. Apparently he is a YouTube sensation even though he has been dead since 1995! He used to air on the PBS stations in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/c.../UCxcnsr1R5Ge_fbTu5ajt8DQ

https://www.bobross.com

Super kitschy but  . . . pleasant!

I am still folding origami cranes and have to figure out how to hang them in a spot I want to hang them in. I'm sure instructions are there on the internets somewhere.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2020, 09:02:59 PM »

I did the Central Perk (from Friends) Lego Set over Easter weekend.

And I re-watched/binge watched a show I love: Schitt's Creek. Its a nice sit-com with a lot of heart. Its hard to get into at first (a Kardashian-like family suddenly loses all their wealth and their only asset is this little town they once bought as a joke, so they are forced to all live together in a scummy motel) because none of the main characters are likeable or even sympathetic. But the show's stories evolve over time. After the first few episodes, you realize the adult children are ill-equipped to manage in the real world, and the parents have a difficult time with all that they lost. It also stars two comedic legends: Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara and all the characters are interesting and well-developed. The show moves in time so its not just a bad joke every season. I liked the show at first, loved it by the second season and have been obsessed over it since the third. The show ended after 6 seasons on April 7, 2020. I am convinced this hidden gem may go down in history as being one of the greatest sit-coms of all time. Its positively prescriptive during self-isolation so if you haven't found it yet, I highly recommend giving it a chance. There was a lot of laughter and ugly crying watching it the last few weeks.
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2020, 09:36:49 PM »

One of the lil Cs' laptops for school would not start-up. Online research suggested the symptoms were consistent with a completely drained battery. Alas, the battery was internal. Found a Youtube Clip, voided the warranty, opened up the laptop, detached, re-attached the battery. Closed it up with three screws unaccounted for.  Crap   It's been a couple of days and the laptop hasn't fallen apart ...yet. I am feeling very Wall-E:  I think I'll start rooting around in the gadget scrapyard.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:54:47 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2020, 10:05:27 PM »

This week I started with the fresh up of my rental appartement (were I have been living for >10 years already). A lot of work...most stuff I have (almost) never done before. F.e. repairing larger gaps in walls and such. I know that a lot of these things should have been done by the landlord....but if I have too wait for that. And also because of my mental state I am in need for a fresh, clean home were I feel well. Instead of simply having a place were I sleep and eat, a place were I feel home & were I like to have visitors again. Before I had the feeling my home looked to messy and chaotic (too much pulled together). But oh my my....this work really tires me out both physical as mentally...
Princi, I put on the soundtrack to Guardians of the Galaxy and sailed through chores which would normally leave me brain dead.  Nerves

https://www.youtube.com/w...tLuszKBA&pbjreload=10

– Yoda
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2020, 10:08:51 PM »

Yesterday my daughter and I got out paints and canvases we bought two years ago and finally started a section in the garage. She painted according to this guy Bob Ross, who has a very calming, soothing voice and makes you think anyone can paint a landscape. Apparently he is a YouTube sensation even though he has been dead since 1995! He used to air on the PBS stations in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/c.../UCxcnsr1R5Ge_fbTu5ajt8DQ

https://www.bobross.com

Super kitschy but  . . . pleasant!

I am still folding origami cranes and have to figure out how to hang them in a spot I want to hang them in. I'm sure instructions are there on the internets somewhere.
Sweet! 

– Yoda
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2020, 10:18:48 PM »

Nooo! Those pesky kitties!

Mine enjoys knocking all my stuff off my desk when I'm browsing RD. She likes to nose at people's avatars on the screen.
Laughing  Cute!  I have just been evicted from my office chair by Chand Cat who has taken up residence in front of my laptop with the Guardians of the Galaxy on repeat. Lil Cs think its because the music shuts out the sound of the rain which he is terrified of.

– Yoda
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2020, 08:48:34 PM »

The chicks are hatching in the incubator, peeping away. I am hatching white leghorns and some miniature silkies. I am starting more seeds for acorn and summer squash.  Yesterday I put up the temporary fence around the new veggie beds. The chickens were busy digging up everything I planted. They also love the loose soil for dust baths.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2020, 01:37:23 AM »

Not sure if this is the right spot, but got to see this fly over today. Amazing.

https://www.wsbtv.com/new...SPJVQKWXBCU5AQSE7TSW6MQOE
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2020, 01:40:25 AM »

Not sure if this is the right spot, but got to see this fly over today. Amazing.

https://www.wsbtv.com/new...SPJVQKWXBCU5AQSE7TSW6MQOE

Wasn't it spectacular!  I found myself tearing up  Cry as soon as I heard that magnificent rumbling in the skies!  There's something so beautifully emotional about those displays that I couldn't even put into words.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2020, 03:42:04 AM »

I cleaned out the fridge. It looked like a meth user fridge. I feel better now.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2020, 05:12:29 AM »

I cleaned out the fridge. It looked like a meth user fridge. I feel better now.

Oh, dear!  The fridge.  Yes, that's something that really needs to be done.  You deserve a few gold stars for that, Barrie.  I haven't reached the stage where I will tackle the fridge.  When it starts to bother me I just close the door and then I can't see it.  Secret
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2020, 05:52:35 AM »

I have been trying to clean up things and purge old clothes, toys, and stuff but it's so hard when I just want to be lazy.

We did clean out the fridge but within a few weeks it was a mess again.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: