Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What have you done to pass time during quarantine?  (Read 9583 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2020, 03:51:10 AM »

I'm sewing masks for a local hospital, for nurses and others to wear OVER the scarce N95 masks, so they can stretch their use a little longer. Also made masks for a friend in TExas who has set up a program providing more than 1700 meals a day to home-bound seniors and homeless people.  The masks are for the kitchen crew and also folks who do deliveries.

But the most important thing I can do is to stay at home, isolated, and not letting myself get sick.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2020, 04:54:59 AM »

Been going to work as usual. The ppe is hot and uncomfortable but surprisingly one can get used to it.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2020, 05:08:24 AM »

I'm on my sofa watching re runs of cop shows CBS bought the Ch 10 network in Australia and there is one station that shows NCIS and similar... I didn't watch it when it was first broadcast so am catching up. I don't work so need something to fill in time
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2020, 08:41:00 AM »

I'm on my sofa watching re runs of cop shows CBS bought the Ch 10 network in Australia and there is one station that shows NCIS and similar... I didn't watch it when it was first broadcast so am catching up. I don't work so need something to fill in time

Oh and there are lots of old Top 10 songs that now have new lyrics... look for the Corona Bohemian Rhapsody.... it is so clever... would love to see Queen do it 😂
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2020, 09:53:42 AM »

Baking ....
Lil Cs want pizza, so off to make pizza dough, am I.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2020, 11:53:56 AM »

Genealogy and crocheting... I'm thinking of having another book published through Amazon, so I can make some money.

I'm trying to work on some of my stories that I got writers block on.

In case you need a sparring partner with regard to your stories (to ease your writers block) I am here....

I'm stuck on a section where my NASCAR driver is recovering from attempted murder, and one of the suspects has committed suicide.

It is thought the suspect admitted the murder attempt (or taking part in it) by commiting suicide. But it still keeps on nagging the NASCAR driver, he can't believe the involvement of this suspect...
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2020, 12:00:22 PM »

Well, I started with the storage area over the garage, then I did 10 days sorting my attic. Now I am onto the second floor closets. In addition to shopping, cooking and delivering food to my elderly parents as well as a friend who is immune compromised. I am also laying in a large vegetable garden, in case this lasts longer than forecasted. Yesterday I planted potatoes and garlic. Today it's 75 new strawberry plants. I bought 12 snap together 4'x4' raised beds, and I have filled them with leaf compost and the last 6 months bedding and poop from the Hens-ly Palace. The peach trees are budding, but it would be better if they hold off for another week or so for the pollinators to be fully out. I't s going to be quite cool and rainy this week, so maybe they will hold off until then. The pumpkins and corn are going into a temporary raised bed made with hay bales and the same filling on top of the septic field, which throws off some heat and helps with those two crops. You have to plant pumpkins in a new spot every year, otherwise the pumpkin specific pathogens kill off the next years vines. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Laugh bounce
I know right? They asked a simple question...but my first inclination, when feeling very stressed, is to sort what ever, inside or out.. I guess one doesn't need to be a shrink to know I am trying to restore order from chaos.  12 years ago in the last financial blowup, I planted many fruit trees the same way. Peaches, apples, pears and cherries. and loads of grapes on the fence. They are finally getting to be an age where they should bear quite well this year, Mother Nature permitting. Again, rotted chicken poop and bedding spread on the roots. I gave up on the figs. Even with Brown Turkey variety and carefully insulating and wrapping them in the winter, the las4 5 years they bloomed, they set fruit, the fruit grew, right until we had a cool August and nothing ripened.

One of my dad's hobbies is a large vegetable garden (including fruit trees) for many, many years now. We, the children (but also wife dearest) offcourse needed to help. So much vegetables and fruit going through my hands (preparing for the freezer; wecking and so). We never inherited the green fingers of my dad. As he has enough he sells surplus vegetables from home. Also since many years now. Also added eggs (from his own chicken). Nowadays it is quiet because of Corona.
Astrid

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2020, 01:19:26 PM »

I‘ve ordered a box full of wool and am knitting socks, read all of Elena Ferrante‘s books, bake bread and explore cooking, massage the cat, and have got a forest behind the house where I take walks to work of the effect of the cooking. Every evening it‘s tea time via a Zoom meeting.  I‘m fine.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2020, 02:10:39 PM »

I‘ve ordered a box full of wool and am knitting socks, read all of Elena Ferrante‘s books, bake bread and explore cooking, massage the cat, and have got a forest behind the house where I take walks to work of the effect of the cooking. Every evening it‘s tea time via a Zoom meeting.  I‘m fine.

I'm not familiar with Zoom but have seen some reports of malware associated with it ... I'm not sure about using it
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2020, 12:20:40 AM »

All of the colleges and high schools here are using it to have class on line.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2020, 04:22:16 AM »

Genealogy and crocheting... I'm thinking of having another book published through Amazon, so I can make some money.

In case you need a sparring partner with regard to your stories (to ease your writers block) I am here....

I'm stuck on a section where my NASCAR driver is recovering from attempted murder, and one of the suspects has committed suicide.

It is thought the suspect admitted the murder attempt (or taking part in it) by commiting suicide. But it still keeps on nagging the NASCAR driver, he can't believe the involvement of this suspect...

That helps thanks!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2020, 04:37:06 AM »

I realized how easy my life was ,like so easy ,even on those hard days. The level of convenience was just amazing. I will never take that for granted again.
Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2020, 12:21:50 PM »

This whole Covid scenario certainly puts life into perspective.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2020, 10:28:13 AM »

That helps thanks!

You are welcome 
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2020, 09:31:38 PM »

I'm learning to cook.

I'm on Kurzarbeit (short term employment) now and really have much more free time.

My boyfriend and I really enjoy cooking together and trying out new recipes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: