Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What have you done to pass time during quarantine?  (Read 10505 times)
whiplashhx

Large Member

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2020, 02:03:29 AM »

I decided to take on astrology, the past few days I've been reading away, taking notes and practicing birth charts. I've also played The Sims 4. I plan on reviving my Pokemon Go and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite accounts for something to do outside my house for a little while (thanks to Genegal for mentioning Pokemon Go on the Covid thread a few days ago, would have never thought of it) Still in search of my puzzles but plan on doing them once I find them.

What have you guys been doing that maybe us other Dishers could take on as well?
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 02:17:29 AM »

I started knitting a blanket and watching royal documentaries and movies on youtube. Theres a great bbc miniseries from 2003 on Henry VIII thats on youtube. And the Virgin Queen with Ann Marie Duff from 2005 is on there as well. Highly recommended both.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 02:32:10 AM »

Genealogy and crocheting... I'm thinking of having another book published through Amazon, so I can make some money.

I'm trying to work on some of my stories that I got writers block on.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Nappyolean

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 04:02:00 AM »

Wow, how do you get books published through Amazon?
MarieQueenie

Warned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 05:11:43 AM »

I train all my friends. Many do not know how to stay safe and alive. They do not wear masks, still go shopping, or bring groceries et de not qurantaine them. I live in NYC, so you can image how serious this help is taken. I'm exhausted. I will try to sleep more.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 06:19:09 AM »

Fight with my teens
Walk the dog
Create and recreate new home office spaces in different parts of a very small house to little avail
Stress and fret
Download mediation apps, plan to listen to them
miss my friends
Read RD, post a little
Gather art supplies in a corner for those long put off art projects
Read cat TikToks
Sigh a lot

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 11:49:43 AM »

I hate to say that but I am quite enjoying the time - usually I am stressed out with work, raising three kids, ... So I am:
- knitting
- crocheting
- playing board games I haven't played in ages
- cook
- go for long walks
- take photos

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 12:14:14 PM »

I am working from home
Spending time playing with my nephew
Playing Nintendo Switch
A bit of gardening
Watching Netflix
Organizing my closet
Next week doing a garage cleaning

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 01:10:43 PM »

I moved in on January so I finished arranging everything in my new home
Watching the whole Big Bang Theory TV show at long last; watching performances of former and current ice dancers on Youtube
Reading books I never had time to read before
Using Google maps to visit places at the end of the world

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 02:35:19 PM »

During the week I have predominantly worked full time at the office. As it takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes one way with public transport, I have also spend a lot of time in public transport or waiting for it. Besides that I had some nice colleagues who helped.

During the weekends I predominantly cleaned parts of my small house. But in my own opinion it is still a dump  Cry  At the beginning of the Coronavirus outbreak in NL I already had filled a box with stuff for the 2nd hand shop. But when I was up to it to bring it to the shop, they closed until further notice. The same with my regular selection of my overload of books. In general I bring them to a literature café in town, which just started this year. But this café is also closed now. Online there are too many books and such for sale currently. So or I have to leave them at my home for the time being or perhaps provide some of the street libraries in my surroundings with some extra books

I am a very avid reader, but my brain refuses to facilitate reading. This week I was happy I finally managed to read some simple romance novels. A kind of reading block. Besides that I have movies at home and available online/tv (the company where I have my tv prescription made some movie channels for free a while because of Corona). I have real life puzzles (very funny ones) at home and puzzle and games options online, also some material to draw, coloring, knitting and such available, but my mind is simply not up to it.

Even the puzzles at my job, which are part of my work, are taken more time then before. But that is also because I am missing my regular sparring partners (aka my direct colleagues) at the office.

My employer announced a collective closing of the company, both national as international, for about 1.5 a 2 weeks at the end of the month. No problems with the company, but to maintain rescources for better time We are supposed to use our own holiday days for it. Not my cup of tea in these times, worrying what to do in this 1,5-2 weeks?? One of the ideas is working on my (rental) appartment - repairing; painting; new floor; some new and/or additional furniture etc. I would need some physical help and advise with that, which isn't easy / not possible because of the Corona. But I will see, I have some offers of help from another kind from sweet friends and family (and even colleagues). It also will be a challenge for my mind because of my mental issues. Family already advised me to use the coming time to prepare a planning for the time off.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 02:36:23 PM »

Genealogy and crocheting... I'm thinking of having another book published through Amazon, so I can make some money.

I'm trying to work on some of my stories that I got writers block on.

In case you need a sparring partner with regard to your stories (to ease your writers block) I am here....
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 02:51:46 PM »

Also writing and or making some cards and sending just for fun or to (for me unknown) children who have a very low birthday because of the Corona restrictions. The last is oft in reaction to posts on Facebook or related pages online
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 03:40:01 PM »

Setting, correcting and resending tasks to my students.
Contacting parents and students.
Video-meetings and whatsapping my colleagues.
Nursing my elderly mum.
Trying ( and often succeeding) to get my shopping list(s) ordered and delivered.
Some tidying.
Some TV series and music.
Thinking about how to get our medicines online.Afraid we'll have to go to the pharmacy.
Chatting with friends and family.
Little sleep.
Yes, a drink.
I need more sleep.

Sorry, ladies. Some  Royaldishing
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2020, 03:40:06 PM »

I learned how to make French macarons

Other than that it's baby- toddler- work- clean - eat - sleep
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2020, 03:41:49 PM »

Playing the piano, reading, listening to classical music while doing water colours.  Trying not to watch the news.  Thumb down
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: