Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What have you done to pass time during quarantine?  (Read 9447 times)
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 03:53:39 PM »

Well, I started with the storage area over the garage, then I did 10 days sorting my attic. Now I am onto the second floor closets. In addition to shopping, cooking and delivering food to my elderly parents as well as a friend who is immune compromised. I am also laying in a large vegetable garden, in case this lasts longer than forecasted. Yesterday I planted potatoes and garlic. Today it's 75 new strawberry plants. I bought 12 snap together 4'x4' raised beds, and I have filled them with leaf compost and the last 6 months bedding and poop from the Hens-ly Palace. The peach trees are budding, but it would be better if they hold off for another week or so for the pollinators to be fully out. I't s going to be quite cool and rainy this week, so maybe they will hold off until then. The pumpkins and corn are going into a temporary raised bed made with hay bales and the same filling on top of the septic field, which throws off some heat and helps with those two crops. You have to plant pumpkins in a new spot every year, otherwise the pumpkin specific pathogens kill off the next years vines. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 03:56:47 PM »

We've been in a semi-lockdown since March 13/16 (Schools closing), so going grocery shopping is easy and a nice little trip. No shortages where we live, and ppl keep their distances very well. We are very lucky.

A lot of my time has gone into getting the Pomster and Lil'P organised schoolwise. Pomster's secondary does a lot digitally, but going from 5 days of 8 am - 3 pm in school + homework + 3 2-hour training sessions and a Saturday match to: "Mom I can be a total FIFA-playing no-lifer this is paradiiise!!!!" was harrrrd. It's going smoothly now - he does his homework with his mates, all connected through Teams. I cut short the no-lifing on his Playstation (risked my life there) and he has to hand in his controllers as well (phone was a rule already) every evening.

Apart from the usual stuff, I spend my time doing lots of projects in the garden, pruning, planting, we play outside, play card games, build with lego, we're taking Lil'P out biking (her big bro' taught her to ride without the safety wheels, finally, and now she needs to ride her bike. all. the. time.), and some baking/jam making. I waste time playing and creating emoji-quizzes with a group of friends and chatting/texting with my Mom and sis and various friends (like the one now stuck in the mountains in France with her two kids and dad alone back home in Holland).
I've cleared out a bunch of cupboards and wardrobes and have almost finished reorganising the wine cellar (took ages, I wonder why).
So no big projects and no big changes, I guess we needed the downtime more than we expected. Still there are plenty of little projects to keep us busy.

Lil'P is starting to read (I would like her to be able to read properly once the measures are over by April 28 but then she'll have 2 more weeks of holidays (and our PM strongly advised against booking any trips, so I'm not too sure school will restart on May 10).

Escapism provided by online catalogues of museums around the world, and atlasobscura.com

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 04:20:29 PM »

Wow, how do you get books published through Amazon?

It looks like you register with Amazon Self Publishing and upload a title.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 04:27:57 PM »

I'm working from home, Monday to Friday, and trying to stick to a good routine. Video calls help me feel in contact with workmates.

As I have more free time, I'v been growing lots of tomato and chilli plants from seed, I have started to bake my own bread, and my house is cleaner than it's ever been

Future Crayon says de-escalate
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 04:44:52 PM »

I'd been planning a big move back to my hometown to get out of a toxic work situation for the last few months, so of course I gave my two weeks' notice exactly two weeks before s*** hit the fan. So now the positions I've been interviewing for are all on hold (I'm in hospitality which has been hit very hard) and I'm staying at home in my childhood bedroom! Evidently things are even worse at the toxic company I just left, so while it's not ideal to be jobless - and I don't qualify for unemployment since I willingly left - but I'm glad to not be stuck there either. Passing the time still looking for jobs, and I'm thinking about starting on a genealogy project since I have a ton of downtime right now. My parents have a great kitchen, so I've been doing lots of fun cooking and baking. I've also batted around the idea of going to nursing school for years, so if this goes longer I may just start taking prerequisites at the local community college and totally change my life plans. 

It's a strange time, but I'm grateful to have a place to stay and to be able to afford health insurance (and for dishing)!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2020, 09:18:38 PM »

Well, I started with the storage area over the garage, then I did 10 days sorting my attic. Now I am onto the second floor closets. In addition to shopping, cooking and delivering food to my elderly parents as well as a friend who is immune compromised. I am also laying in a large vegetable garden, in case this lasts longer than forecasted. Yesterday I planted potatoes and garlic. Today it's 75 new strawberry plants. I bought 12 snap together 4'x4' raised beds, and I have filled them with leaf compost and the last 6 months bedding and poop from the Hens-ly Palace. The peach trees are budding, but it would be better if they hold off for another week or so for the pollinators to be fully out. I't s going to be quite cool and rainy this week, so maybe they will hold off until then. The pumpkins and corn are going into a temporary raised bed made with hay bales and the same filling on top of the septic field, which throws off some heat and helps with those two crops. You have to plant pumpkins in a new spot every year, otherwise the pumpkin specific pathogens kill off the next years vines. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Laugh bounce
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 09:20:01 PM »

Sorry CJT!  I am a Marriott member and apparently there was a data breach. Sigh.

I have worked primarily from home for years, however Mr. Beaverhausen is now also here. All day.  With me. So we need to set up better “zones” or bad things will happen.

I have several sets of stair carpet treads which need to be installed. Maybe next week.

And I bought an elliptical machine so I still get my exercise.  

All in all we are very lucky people.
Lady Mellie

Mini Member

Antarctica Antarctica

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2020, 09:38:41 PM »

I'm still working and I have to go to the office to do so. And since all my agents are at home, I even work more than before the lockdown.

But I'm not complaining. My family is ok (thanks God), so is my cat, one of my closest friends who caught the disease is recovering, I've still have a job and I can find food easily. And toilet paper.

I wish you to be safe, to do whatever pleases you (I wish I could read more!) and to enjoy your loved ones during this hard time.

Thanks for the good posting. And take care! Hug
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2020, 12:37:51 AM »

Sorry CJT!  I am a Marriott member and apparently there was a data breach. Sigh.

I have worked primarily from home for years, however Mr. Beaverhausen is now also here. All day.  With me. So we need to set up better “zones” or bad things will happen.

I have several sets of stair carpet treads which need to be installed. Maybe next week.

But Karen sweetie I thought your husband was in jail  Wink Wink Wink Wink

Mine still has to go into the office one or two days a week. The other day he's basically locked up in his home office and he's only allowed out for lunch and to get coffee. He'll be growled at if he gets out to grab a snack outside family mealtimes and is in danger of losing his life if he takes a phone call in a communal room. But once he's out, he's all ours!

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2020, 01:06:40 AM »

But Karen sweetie I thought your husband was in jail  Wink Wink Wink Wink

Mine still has to go into the office one or two days a week. The other day he's basically locked up in his home office and he's only allowed out for lunch and to get coffee. He'll be growled at if he gets out to grab a snack outside family mealtimes and is in danger of losing his life if he takes a phone call in a communal room. But once he's out, he's all ours!

It feels like we’re all in jail!  Star

Tempers are getting a little short around here, and I hope we get our equilibrium back soon because this will be an extended sentence with no parole until June (my best guess).
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2020, 01:22:36 AM »

BTW, are you Ms Beaverhausen on youtube?
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2020, 01:45:55 AM »

Laugh bounce
I know right? They asked a simple question...but my first inclination, when feeling very stressed, is to sort what ever, inside or out.. I guess one doesn't need to be a shrink to know I am trying to restore order from chaos.  12 years ago in the last financial blowup, I planted many fruit trees the same way. Peaches, apples, pears and cherries. and loads of grapes on the fence. They are finally getting to be an age where they should bear quite well this year, Mother Nature permitting. Again, rotted chicken poop and bedding spread on the roots. I gave up on the figs. Even with Brown Turkey variety and carefully insulating and wrapping them in the winter, the las4 5 years they bloomed, they set fruit, the fruit grew, right until we had a cool August and nothing ripened.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2020, 01:56:33 AM »

BTW, are you Ms Beaverhausen on youtube?

Not me! 

Imagine somebody else crazy enough to want this long long long user name!
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2020, 01:56:43 AM »

Reading, eating, sleeping, rinse, repeat.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2020, 03:46:15 AM »

Genealogy and crocheting... I'm thinking of having another book published through Amazon, so I can make some money.

I'm trying to work on some of my stories that I got writers block on.

In case you need a sparring partner with regard to your stories (to ease your writers block) I am here....

I'm stuck on a section where my NASCAR driver is recovering from attempted murder, and one of the suspects has committed suicide.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: