Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What have you done to pass time during quarantine?  (Read 9673 times)
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2020, 02:21:11 PM »

Not sure if this is the right spot, but got to see this fly over today. Amazing.

https://www.wsbtv.com/new...SPJVQKWXBCU5AQSE7TSW6MQOE
Beautiful!  Star jolene
A clip of the flyover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vi5f3kJd5E

ďDo or do not. There is no try.Ē

Ė Yoda
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2020, 07:22:58 PM »

Posting this here because it's a lovely soothing live feed from Sapsucker Woods at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca NY.

https://www.youtube.com/w...MSVF_Ab3-z8LpDm_wLqxRdRY0

If you are ever in Ithaca, it's very interesting to tour the lab even if you're not a birder.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2020, 10:48:51 PM »

Posting this here because it's a lovely soothing live feed from Sapsucker Woods at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca NY.

https://www.youtube.com/w...MSVF_Ab3-z8LpDm_wLqxRdRY0

If you are ever in Ithaca, it's very interesting to tour the lab even if you're not a birder.

Thank you for the link!  I didn't know you could tour their lab.  I'd love to one day.

Their Merlin Bird ID app is wonderful too!  I've used it several times during this quarantine...was delighted to identify an Eastern Towhee the other day! 
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2020, 07:06:27 AM »

You can also watch the 3 red-tail hawk chicks in a nest near the top of a light tower at Cornell.
Taken care of by their parents and viewable on 2 live-cams 24-hrs a day.
https://www.allaboutbirds...rg/cams/red-tailed-hawks/  OR  https://twitter.com/CornellHawks

Or watch 3 barred-owl chicks in a nest box in an Indiana woods.
Taken care of by their parents and viewable on 2 live-cams 24-hrs a day.
These can be a bit comical when learning to get out of the box, perching & testing balance.
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/barred-owls/   OR   https://twitter.com/WBU_Owls

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2020, 01:48:42 AM »

So the shallots and elephant garlic are sprouting up. All 5 kinds of potatoes are growing like crazy. The trick with potatoes is to just lightly cover the tubers with soil and every time you see a sprout coming though, lightly add more potting soil. This makes for an underground tower of potatoes instead of just one 'floor'. When you get to the top of the grow bag, let them sprout and flower. When the flowers dies off, then start checking the 'garage door' in the grow bag. I use the grow bags for a lot of veggies and especially for strawberries.. I just ordered 3 kinds of Sweet Potatoes  (annual) and 3 kinds of asparagus (which we wont see any yield from those  for 2-3 years).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2020, 09:12:43 AM »

Sooo....it is going forward, slowly, but it is getting shape.

About a short month ago I started renovating / re-decorating the combined kitchen-living room of my 1 bedroom rental appartement. A lot of new work learned, getting tired (taking on too much, for me unusual, work and working until late hours),  a lot of muscle ache, bruises and such and very surprised by the selfless help both in work  and thinking along with me of various people in my surroundings. My family wanted to help, but didn't dare due to Corona. In general I am not easy in asking help. And my head goes often in overdrive, sometimes into an extent that I am "drowning" myself. As once said to me, you are too busy thinking / too busy in your head.

Before I started I was already pushed by family and friends to do something about my appartment. It was crowded, mismatching furniture and items, several stuff lying around and old & stained carpet and paint. In other words it looked very messy and chaotic. I was even very hesitant to invite people to my place. As I needed rest in my head, it would be better if my appartement would become more fresh, orderly and neat. Some items should have been done by and/or dealt with by my landlady. But in the past years she is doing almost nothing and I would have probably have to wait until never. And in April/May we had about 1,5 week off of work due to the Corona situation. I decided to start.

Now one of the walls is renovated, cracks repaired (all done by myself); walls and ceiling are painted; a new continues floor in living room and kitchen (laminate flooring); baseboards, kitchencabinets, window frames and 2 doors (including frame) painted; putting up new IKEA furniture (in addition and/or replacement to some of my old stuff); small repairs in and around the house (with help of very technical friends); intensive cleaning of several items (including spots I couldn't reach before); moving of the larger items to a new spot and so on.

Currently still some IKEA furniture has to be done; redecorating several stuff; decide what to do with my (overload of) old stuff; cleaning up my messy bedroom and central hallway (were all stuff coming from my livingroom/kitchen and such was stored for a while); waiting for the garbage people for the bigger garbage and so on. There are still small open items were I have to think about what to do with it.

Perhaps later this year or next year other rooms in my place will be taken on. some contain defects for which I am still waiting for the landlady. It is an old building and maintenance has hardly been done in recent years. In addition, as some have put it, various items in the building and the various apartments are done very amateurish in the beginning already.

Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2020, 08:38:59 PM »

Iím still working as a nurse but part time so Iíve been raising my two pups and doing a lot of puzzles. Itís been years since I did a puzzle but now Iíve drug them out one by one over the past 6 weeks. It helps to occupy my racing mind from work. Unfortunately I havenít done many of the productive things I could be doing like cleaning out closets and such.  Blush
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2020, 09:54:44 PM »

Iím still working as a nurse but part time so Iíve been raising my two pups and doing a lot of puzzles. Itís been years since I did a puzzle but now Iíve drug them out one by one over the past 6 weeks. It helps to occupy my racing mind from work. Unfortunately I havenít done many of the productive things I could be doing like cleaning out closets and such.  Blush

Doing puzzles is good for the mind 😊
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2020, 04:22:40 PM »

I just read this article about Robert Pattinson and laughed out loud when he describes his "Pasta Pillow" idea! You must read this surreal and hilarious interview:
https://www.gq.com/story/...enet-isolation-june-cover

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :laughing
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2020, 09:29:25 PM »

I really enjoyed this documentary about Highgrove https://www.youtube.com/w...v=eEwmPdYBNFI&t=3075s. I cant watch the news any more. On the garden front, I awaiting my order of many colored tomatoes. I use https://www.heirloomtomatoplants.com/ They have all kinds of wild colors, stripes, purple, black, yellow, white, orange none GMO. The giant pumpkins are getting planted out tomorrow. My breakfast room looks like  the original Jumanji. But I had to wait for the polar vortex to pass last week. We actually had a little snow one morning.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2020, 09:51:25 PM »

I ordered two pounds of lavender and am now making eye pillows with lavender and rice. I have no sewing machine and wouldn't know how to use one anyway. So I hand sew the little rectangles and try to use up the fabric I bought years ago for "projects" that never came to fruition. After working all day at my computer and being interrupted by my kids for breakfast, lunch, dinner, a ride, solving a problem, something something something else. I can't wait to go back to the office. I'm more productive and efficient there.
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2020, 12:30:42 AM »

I printed out a variety of William Morris prints and cut & pasted them into an old printer's drawer I purchased a thousand years ago. Then I fixed it to hang with picture wire.  It improved the look of the drawer 100% and made a beautiful space to store my crystals.  Not an original idea - I stole it from an Etsy vendor - bless her.

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2020, 08:49:53 AM »

This week help from a nice neighbour with putting up IKEA furniture Smiley

Unfortunately due to some issues a bit delay. But in the meantime the guy went enthusiastic outing ideas, drawing, designing etc. for a build in wooden desk for my appartement. Including drawers and shelves. I am ok with it and we will see. He also offered to build it, with only material costs. But for now I need a cleaned up space and some rest. As currently I am still living in a mess. It feels like it is dragging on and there need to be a kind of closure. So I told him that and also gave him an additional challenge. Designing something for the weird bar between my living room and kitchen.

It seems I have a lot op men in my surroundings with a passion for working with wood  Laugh bounce
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2020, 05:04:47 AM »

I ordered two pounds of lavender and am now making eye pillows with lavender and rice. I have no sewing machine and wouldn't know how to use one anyway. So I hand sew the little rectangles and try to use up the fabric I bought years ago for "projects" that never came to fruition. After working all day at my computer and being interrupted by my kids for breakfast, lunch, dinner, a ride, solving a problem, something something something else. I can't wait to go back to the office. I'm more productive and efficient there.
I make the lavender sachets in the little draw string pouches that you can buy as wedding favor supplies. I use a ton of them in the closets. My best hack for laundry is to take the absolutely single socks that have been hanging around forever, fill the foot part with the lavender  and tie a knot in the neck. Then I throw it into the dryer and everything smells great.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2020, 10:25:31 PM »

I make the lavender sachets in the little draw string pouches that you can buy as wedding favor supplies. I use a ton of them in the closets. My best hack for laundry is to take the absolutely single socks that have been hanging around forever, fill the foot part with the lavender  and tie a knot in the neck. Then I throw it into the dryer and everything smells great.

Great idea! 

I have 6 tiny lavender plants in my garden now and one big one I planted last year. Canít wait to harvest the flowers!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: