Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Imperial House of Mexico  (Read 1810 times)
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2020, 02:54:30 AM »

Archduke Ferdinand Maximilian Joseph (1832-1867), the younger brother of Emperor Francis Joseph I of Austria, ruled as Emperor Maximilian I of Mexico from 1864 to 1867 during the Second Mexican Empire.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXvzyBhfiBk
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 05:00:07 PM »

Princess Charlotte of Belgium (1840-1927) was the Empress of Mexico from 1864 to 1867 as Empress Carlota.   
Princess Charlotte was the daughter of King Leopold I and Queen Louise of Belgium.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 01:13:12 AM »

Miramare Castle in Trieste was built for Emperor Maximilian and his wife Empress Carlotta.  I'd love to see it someday; it looks so beautiful and apparently there are even references to Mexico throughout it. 

https://www.miramare.beni...rali.it/en/?cn-reloaded=1

I actually became interested in Emperor Maximilian when I saw a meme of how he and Nicolas Cage are doppelgangers!  I'm not overly proud of that.  Secret
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 10:11:07 AM »

Empress Charlotte tried to take an active interest in her imperial duties. She toured the Yucatan and hosted charity events. However, by 1865-1866 she was wilting. She hated Mexico City. She found it overwhelmingly dirty and dangerous. Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down
lilyrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 01:53:50 AM »

I don't know how many of you listen to podcasts, but Stuff You Missed in History Class did a podast on Charlotte/Carlota in April if anyone is curious to know more about her and Maximilian.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 03:07:32 AM »

While several European powers including Great Britain recognized the monarchy of the Empire of Mexico, the United States considered Benito Juarez as the legal president of Mexico.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 08:13:47 AM »

While several European powers including Great Britain recognized the monarchy of the Empire of Mexico, the United States considered Benito Juarez as the legal president of Mexico.

Of course they didn't. A republic not even 100 years old and in the middle of a war, they didn't need this enemy/threat beside them.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 12:59:07 AM »

Maximilian was first proposed to become Emperor of Mexico by local nobleman Jose Pablo Martinez del Rio led Mexican monarchists in 1859.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 01:38:10 AM »

Visit of the Pope to the Empress Carlotta in Rome   
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/615223812
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: