Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guillaume, Stephanie and Charles Jean Philippe Joseph Marie Guillaume ♥️  (Read 50016 times)
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: June 25, 2020, 02:27:34 AM »

I have little hope. Sad Remember when MT marked her territory and put a replica of her bridal gown on the statue of the virgin Mary during Gui and Stephanie's church wedding? That was a real eye-opener to me. The wedding was followed by a botched-up introduction of Stephanie, who was given no space to shine and when it all became too much they moved to London. Now they are back and nothing has changed. MT pulls all the strings and if she decides she needs another exclusive interview everyone must dress up for her vanity pictures, even a 4 week old baby and his tired mother. MT will never change, but if Gui doesn't grow a backbone and tells her to back off, his marriage might blow up in his face.
Also little Charles deserves his own proper introduction. But please not another home story with Point de Vue or Paris Match. Choose a Lux paper - you are not the GDF of France or Belgium for f*ckings sake.

Wow, I missed your post first time but this is absolutely over the top: " MT put a replica of her bridal gown on the statue of the virgin Mary during Gui and Stephanie's church wedding?" 
O lala, the lady needs a shrink.
I was shocked when I read this at the time, but apparently this is a common thing in very Catholic European countries.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: June 25, 2020, 02:34:00 AM »

From Lady Adelaide's link...

The dress made for the statue of Mother Mary and the Baby Jesus from the train of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's Balmain wedding dress as well as a veil belonging to the late Countess Alix de Lannoy, the mother of Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie,...

So it's not only a replica but it was made from the train of her wedding dress.  I find the practice of giving gifts to a statue bizarre in it's own right but MT really stepped it up a level because that's down right creepy.
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: June 25, 2020, 02:45:22 AM »

Damn.  That is cray cray.

Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: June 25, 2020, 03:03:52 AM »

Man, I’m with you on that!!  Bizarre!  I guess the explanation helps a little.  But still . . . it just looks very creepy!
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: June 25, 2020, 03:10:29 AM »

Man, I’m with you on that!!  Bizarre!  I guess the explanation helps a little.  But still . . . it just looks very creepy!

You know, I wonder if this puts the rumored fertility issues in a different light...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: June 25, 2020, 03:23:53 AM »

At least they included a lace veil from Stephanie's mother'veil.  Less creepy IMO.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: June 25, 2020, 03:57:56 AM »

At least they included a lace veil from Stephanie's mother'veil.  Less creepy IMO.

Agreed.  That helps.  But just the appearance of that statue, I don’t know.  I have a sister who is seriously creeped out by clowns.  This would be my comparable, I guess. 
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: June 25, 2020, 06:01:48 AM »

wot is the connotation of dressing Virgin Mary and baby Jesus in MT's wedding frock?

Is it like MT is virgin mary? Blink

surely it is not a Cuban custom is it? Confused

G Confused

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: June 25, 2020, 02:36:57 PM »

Well the custom seemed to involve something from both mothers. So it was fabric of MT's train and Steph's mother's wedding veil. (it is possible that Ms. de Lannoy's dress was already used for her elder daughters' wedding )

No, I think considering that MT knew exactly what Steph's dress would look like, the fact that she chose a very similar design for the wedding celebrations is IMO the worst thing.
You do not upstage the bride esp. not when you are either the mother of the groom or the bride!! (same goes for sisters!!!!!!!!, just in case someone is reading this!!!)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Gilmourgirl

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: June 25, 2020, 02:58:42 PM »

I have little hope. Sad Remember when MT marked her territory and put a replica of her bridal gown on the statue of the virgin Mary during Gui and Stephanie's church wedding? That was a real eye-opener to me. The wedding was followed by a botched-up introduction of Stephanie, who was given no space to shine and when it all became too much they moved to London. Now they are back and nothing has changed. MT pulls all the strings and if she decides she needs another exclusive interview everyone must dress up for her vanity pictures, even a 4 week old baby and his tired mother. MT will never change, but if Gui doesn't grow a backbone and tells her to back off, his marriage might blow up in his face.
Also little Charles deserves his own proper introduction. But please not another home story with Point de Vue or Paris Match. Choose a Lux paper - you are not the GDF of France or Belgium for f*ckings sake.

Wow, I missed your post first time but this is absolutely over the top: " MT put a replica of her bridal gown on the statue of the virgin Mary during Gui and Stephanie's church wedding?" 

Is there a picture of the statue with the bridal gown?

Get outta town!!  Seriously???  That is . . . Incredible.  Was there a reason given for this display?? 

Here's an explanation I found: http://www.luxarazzi.com/...grand-ducal-gifts-to.html

Thanks for the link. It does explain a few things, but still...
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: June 25, 2020, 07:23:55 PM »

I can’t express how happy I am for this couple.  They have really been through the mill.  Charles is simply adorable but even if he looked like a piece of unwashed fruit, I would find him adorable because I can see through the eyes of his besotted parents.  These photos fairly crackle with their love for this treasure.

Curtains, What a Lovely Expression: Prince Charles is a Treasure!
Isabel

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: June 26, 2020, 10:48:13 AM »

I have to say that he is probably one of the absolute prettiest babies I have ever seen.

I love the picture where Steph is holding him and smiling while he’s looking up at her. Both parents look besotted with little Charles and I can’t blame them. What a gorgeous, little boy.

I agree. All babies are lovely but this is one stunning looking baby.  Beautiful.

All the best to the family.  Mom and dad look totally besotted. 

Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: July 02, 2020, 10:07:04 PM »

I was shocked when I read this at the time, but apparently this is a common thing in very Catholic European countries.
It actually is, FYI, on the wedding of Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain, and King Alfonso XIII, they both suffered an attempt on their lives, and survived it. It's very well known the story that the queen gave some jewels she was wearing on that day to the virgin. Again, this is a very old habit that seldom happens anywhere but the most traditional churches and communities. M-T was raised that way and LUX is very respectful of those, plus, as Stéphanie's parents were already old when she was born, I don't think she would have found this very rare or so, I'm sure her parents were raised that way. It was normal for my grandparents, not so much for my parents, and it now does sound ridiculous to my ears but in some churches, they do still dress the images, especially in the north of my country where the cult is still very traditional and all.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: July 03, 2020, 12:27:18 AM »

It actually is, FYI, on the wedding of Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain, and King Alfonso XIII, they both suffered an attempt on their lives, and survived it. It's very well known the story that the queen gave some jewels she was wearing on that day to the virgin. Again, this is a very old habit that seldom happens anywhere but the most traditional churches and communities. M-T was raised that way and LUX is very respectful of those, plus, as Stéphanie's parents were already old when she was born, I don't think she would have found this very rare or so, I'm sure her parents were raised that way. It was normal for my grandparents, not so much for my parents, and it now does sound ridiculous to my ears but in some churches, they do still dress the images, especially in the north of my country where the cult is still very traditional and all.

I wonder if this custom goes back to pagan times?  I know the Catholic Church borrowed a lot from the pagans (like having a Mother as a central focus) to make it palatable to non-Christians.

Anyway, I hope Stèphanie finds her footing and stands up for her little family. She certainly has a challenging in-law.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: July 03, 2020, 10:07:59 AM »

I am more familiar with the custom of leaving the bridal bouquet with the Virgin Mary after the church wedding. It was more common in the past, let say my parents' generation and beyond (my parents are >75 years old). But a few years ago I was able to experience it at a marriage of young acquaintances. In addition, the bride herself sang the Ave Maria for the Virgin Mary statue (bride is a logo podist and active amateur singer).
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: