Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 62   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guillaume, Stephanie and Charles Jean Philippe Joseph Marie Guillaume ♥️  (Read 220053 times)
Gemsheal

Large Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: July 06, 2021, 06:37:41 PM »

It is really striking me what an unselfish thing it is to take wee Charles on these nursing home visits, to freely share their beautiful and long-desired boy with all sorts of people and let them play with and feed and cuddle him.  So many people hate going to nursing homes to visit family, let alone going to visit strangers.  And yet they have repeatedly gone and taken Charles and just let the residents love on him.  It is very moving and beautiful.

I also will never get over how beautiful motherhood and contentment have made Stephanie; she is radiant and I love to see it.

What a great point, Cordelia , and a lovely sentiment!  Star

They really just continue to do things right.
=

That visit is just adorable and a great way to get him used to his future. Incorporate him early on and everyone can enjoy him.

Visits to nursing homes, wow.   Star   Star Star to Stephanie, Gui & baby Charles!       

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: July 07, 2021, 08:22:32 AM »

It is really striking me what an unselfish thing it is to take wee Charles on these nursing home visits, to freely share their beautiful and long-desired boy with all sorts of people and let them play with and feed and cuddle him.  So many people hate going to nursing homes to visit family, let alone going to visit strangers.  And yet they have repeatedly gone and taken Charles and just let the residents love on him.  It is very moving and beautiful.

I also will never get over how beautiful motherhood and contentment have made Stephanie; she is radiant and I love to see it.

Star

and I can only imagine the delight that seeing that dear little child brings to those folks.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: July 07, 2021, 10:54:33 AM »

In the late '90s my last grandparent, a grandmother, spend her last days in a retirement home suffering from dementia. At the time I was a teenager and I wasn't reluctant in visiting her there. I often came to visit there, in general often once a week (at least). That side of our family was large (8 children, 26 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild on the way). But apparently I was one of the few grandchildren who just simply visited and had no issues with it. Several elder familymembers (both blood related and inlaws) were surprised about it.

But in my opinion, my behavior was largely the result of my mother's approach years earlier. Her father started to suffer from dementia at a relatively young age (>60 years old). In my most conscious memories of him, he was already in a nursing home. My mother usually took us, her children, with her when she visited. There was quite a lot to experience in the care home in question: a deer park, the comical and/or striking behavior of the residents (including our own grandfather), a Lego table, being allowed to draw on the nurse's board and more. For example, I can still remember a resident's wheelchair, interesting for us because of all the stickers on it. In this way, my siblings and I learned how to visit a nursing home and such at a young age. As a result, I think it was less of an issue for us to visit our grandmother than it was for many cousins.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: July 07, 2021, 11:26:59 AM »

Many nursing homes are rather unpleasant to visit, they tend to be smelly (many elderly people have different body odors due to the medications they are on, organs not working properly any more and due to the fact that they simply can't keep up the hygiene we are so used to: taking a shower and grabbing fresh clothes is not quite as easy to do if you need complete assistence for it), many people feel uncomfortable around people who are sick, not able to control their bodily functions and whose minds, are let's say deranged.
Those reactions are fairly normal, but not desirable, since most of us will end there and we should remind ourselves, that we are still lovable even at this sad state...
I think to train yourselves and to help your children understand the concept of compassion, to make them and yourself able to overlook the situation and focus on the people is a great trait.
Charity does start at home and looking after our elderly in a warm, kind and compassionate way should be normal...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: July 07, 2021, 11:38:33 AM »

I think it’s wonderful that they bring Charles on Engagements, especially on visits to nursing homes. It’s incredibly generous of them for all the reasons that my fellow posters explained in the previous posts. I, myself, have a 9-month old boy and I would be a little worried about exposing him to so many people at once. Clearly Guillaume and Stephanie are not only better people than I am, they also know what they are doing. It’s wonderful to see how happy Charles has made them. The future of the nation is in good hands.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: July 07, 2021, 03:57:18 PM »

Many nursing homes are rather unpleasant to visit, they tend to be smelly (many elderly people have different body odors due to the medications they are on, organs not working properly any more and due to the fact that they simply can't keep up the hygiene we are so used to: taking a shower and grabbing fresh clothes is not quite as easy to do if you need complete assistence for it), many people feel uncomfortable around people who are sick, not able to control their bodily functions and whose minds, are let's say deranged.
Those reactions are fairly normal, but not desirable, since most of us will end there and we should remind ourselves, that we are still lovable even at this sad state...
I think to train yourselves and to help your children understand the concept of compassion, to make them and yourself able to overlook the situation and focus on the people is a great trait.
Charity does start at home and looking after our elderly in a warm, kind and compassionate way should be normal...

Slightly OT, but I remember being a little girl probably 35+ years ago and going to visit a relative in a nursing home (thankfully my parents were of the mindset that many of you guys, and Gui and Stephanie, are about the importance of visits and exposure and continuing to love and honor these relatives and elderly).  As you just mentioned, Fairy, it smelled and as we got in the car I asked my dad why it smelled so bad.  Being of a scientific mind and not wanting to give "cutesy" answers, he told me the straightforward reason it smelled the way it did.  I have a slight hearing loss since I was a baby, and misheard him, and for YEARS I thought that Europe must be a smelly place to visit!   Laugh bounce

(For any one struggling to make the connection, he said it was urine but that's not what I heard!    And for the record I've been to Europe several times and absolutely love it and no longer make any connection between the smell of nursing homes and that magnificent and varied continent!  Sweating )
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: July 07, 2021, 04:11:43 PM »

Slightly OT, but I remember being a little girl probably 35+ years ago and going to visit a relative in a nursing home (thankfully my parents were of the mindset that many of you guys, and Gui and Stephanie, are about the importance of visits and exposure and continuing to love and honor these relatives and elderly).  As you just mentioned, Fairy, it smelled and as we got in the car I asked my dad why it smelled so bad.  Being of a scientific mind and not wanting to give "cutesy" answers, he told me the straightforward reason it smelled the way it did.  I have a slight hearing loss since I was a baby, and misheard him, and for YEARS I thought that Europe must be a smelly place to visit!   Laugh bounce

(For any one struggling to make the connection, he said it was urine but that's not what I heard!    And for the record I've been to Europe several times and absolutely love it and no longer make any connection between the smell of nursing homes and that magnificent and varied continent!  Sweating )

Laughing
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: July 07, 2021, 05:47:32 PM »

Laugh bounce  That’s hysterical! 

I once asked my mother what “puke” meant, and for years I thought it meant “grow up”. Imagine the surprise of my friends and acquaintances when they were told to Puke when they annoyed me.

Anyway, I fully support Charles Smooshy Face Cute Kid working his magic on the elderly and infirm.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: July 07, 2021, 08:45:09 PM »

LOL! what a funny anecdote.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
ConnieBrooks

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: July 07, 2021, 09:13:35 PM »

Laugh bounce  That’s hysterical! 

I once asked my mother what “puke” meant, and for years I thought it meant “grow up”. Imagine the surprise of my friends and acquaintances when they were told to Puke when they annoyed me.

Anyway, I fully support Charles Smooshy Face Cute Kid working his magic on the elderly and infirm.

Hahaha oh no! I'll bet that stopped your friends in their tracks!  Laughing
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: July 09, 2021, 12:06:16 PM »

More pics of their visits to the nursing homes can be admired at Noblesses & Royautés.

Charles is  as always.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: July 09, 2021, 12:28:18 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: July 09, 2021, 12:45:23 PM »

Very sweet pictures yet again. The last one:a happy Gui and Stephanie, while Charles is thinking "What is this?Huh? "  Wink  
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: July 09, 2021, 01:46:55 PM »

Given all the changes in clothes, it’s clear that these visits are not “20 minutes in and out”.

The resident as are clearly grooving on having Charles visit.  His parents are the conveyance, but he has charted them all.  And me too,.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: July 09, 2021, 05:12:30 PM »

Given all the changes in clothes, it’s clear that these visits are not “20 minutes in and out”.

The resident as are clearly grooving on having Charles visit.  His parents are the conveyance, but he has charted them all.  And me too,.

It’s almost like they take this job seriously isn’t it?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 62   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: