Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guillaume, Stephanie and Charles Jean Philippe Joseph Marie Guillaume ♥️  (Read 67576 times)
desertrose

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2020, 10:28:08 PM »

Is there any particular reason for the bagpipe player to be there? Other than its one of those things people do at weddings, although there are likely links in the UK/USA Canada etc

It could be a tribute to GD Jean. Alexander made a film about a story he heard from him:

My family has always been heavily involved in the military. Both my grand parents have served in the American and British Army during the Second World war when the Germans invaded my home country,Luxembourg.                                                           I myself has spend two years training with the British army and it has had a huge influence on the movies I want to write and direct.

I first heard about the story of a bagpiper by my grand father,John, who met a Bagpiper on the beach in Normandy in 1944 but could not find any more informations for a while. A few months ago I finally read a great article on the story of a man by the name of Bill Millin,The mad Bagpiper. (Louis Fergusson, character name in film)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-bagpiper#/
https://vimeo.com/398768977
Royal Di

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: September 15, 2020, 12:43:23 AM »

TBH I really do think (and hope) Mama Steph might be having back-to-back babies. Hers could easily be more than a stubborn post-partum belly. After all, she gave birth in what, May? Either way, she and Lobster aren't particularly obsessed with looking or being trim. They look happy, that's the most important thing.

Scrolling through the pics: there's one with Sebastian and Mr Korn (Imre) and they're all wearing these dated golden buttoned double breasted suit with matching ties, very entertaining. Also bride and groom look happy - nice

They are wearing regimental outfits from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, as all five cousins are graduates.  Prince Paul-Louis has on the full uniform as he just graduated in August.  I love the camaraderie of these Luxembourg cousins who have continued a family tradition!

(See photo 11 of 24) https://today.rtl.lu/life/royals/a/1579588.html

From left,
Archduke Alexander of Austria, son of Princess Marie-Astrid
Prince Wenceslas of Nassau, son of Prince Jean
Prince Paul-Louis of Nassau, son of Prince Guillaume
Prince Sebastien of Luxembourg, son of Grand Duke Henri
Prince Prince Josef-Emanuel of Liechtenstein, son of Princess Margaretha

The group photo includes all of the grandsons of Grand Duke Jean who graduated from the academy, excluding Hereditary Prince Guillaume. Grand Duke Jean completed his education there in 1943, during World War II, when the royal family was in exile. Both Grand Duke Henri and his brother, Prince Jean, attended Sandhurst in the 1970's. Prince Felix began the military program but was unable to finish it due to a serious knee injury.
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: September 15, 2020, 12:54:11 AM »

Bill Millin was the personal piper to Lord Lovat, who participated with his near-private army unit Lovat's Scouts.  When Mr. Millin died, his obituary in the Telegraph just made me choke up.

The scenes with the Scouts in the Longest Day (with Peter Lawford) are just wonderful and inspiring.
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: September 15, 2020, 01:10:27 AM »

I see London, I see France, I see Stephanie's underpants... Crap

And Gui is indeed swimming in those trousers

I like her longer hair. 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: September 15, 2020, 01:41:30 AM »

Woah, is that really Sebastian?

That is really Prince Sebastian.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: September 15, 2020, 01:50:18 AM »

I want more pictures of wee baby Charles!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
ConnieBrooks

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: September 15, 2020, 05:00:07 AM »

Bill Millin was the personal piper to Lord Lovat, who participated with his near-private army unit Lovat's Scouts.  When Mr. Millin died, his obituary in the Telegraph just made me choke up.

The scenes with the Scouts in the Longest Day (with Peter Lawford) are just wonderful and inspiring.

Thank you for confirming this! I've seen The Longest Day many times, and I immediately thought of the beach scenes with the bagpiper.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: September 15, 2020, 08:42:26 AM »

Irme graduated from Sandhurst?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: September 15, 2020, 05:33:36 PM »

Steph has never had what we would call today a "good figure" aka she was never thin or even trim. She simply doesn't seem to be into sports or physical fitness, which is fine IMO. But that makes bouncing back from the baby weight more difficult and many women still carry their baby pouches years after.
IMO that dress is not flattering, but it was probably rather comfy and that might be the deciding factor or Steph who usually seems to favour comfort over fashion.
I hope all of them are as fine as they look. And I wish them happiness.
As to the happy couple (other thread, I know) they look nice, but her dress is one in a douzen..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: September 15, 2020, 08:48:37 PM »

And more power to her for wearing something that wouldn't hide her post-partum condition, knowing how negative people are about appearances.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: September 15, 2020, 09:30:04 PM »

Steph has never had what we would call today a "good figure" aka she was never thin or even trim. She simply doesn't seem to be into sports or physical fitness, which is fine IMO. But that makes bouncing back from the baby weight more difficult and many women still carry their baby pouches years after.
IMO that dress is not flattering, but it was probably rather comfy and that might be the deciding factor or Steph who usually seems to favour comfort over fashion.
As to the happy couple (other thread, I know) they look nice, but her dress is one in a douzen..

True. Neither Stephanie nor Gui seem overly invested in their appearance. It may be a natural reaction to an overbearing mother/MIL, or it may just be how they are.

I wish them happiness too.
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: September 15, 2020, 10:17:57 PM »

Funny how cultures differ. In my culture having a “good figure” is all about the shape of your body rather than whether you are thin, trim, or workout. In my culture we would say she naturally has a very nice figure.

It’s only been a few months since Charles was born and Steph had a c-section, working out or losing weight “naturally” is probably something that was put on hold for a while and not a priority. Still nice to see them at this wedding. It’s nice how all of the cousins and extended family always support each other.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: September 19, 2020, 03:16:29 PM »

Little Prince Charles is to be christened today Sept. 19th 2020 at the Benedictine Abbey of St Maurice de Clervaux, in Luxembourg  Smiley

His godparents are his uncle Louis of Luxembourg and his aunt Countess Gabrielle de Lannoy.

https://today.rtl.lu/life/royals/a/1581579.html
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 03:22:27 PM by Elissa » Logged

Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: September 19, 2020, 03:23:46 PM »

leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: September 19, 2020, 03:27:08 PM »

Oh! Charles is such an adorable little cabbage.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: