Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guillaume, Stephanie and Charles Jean Philippe Joseph Marie Guillaume ♥️  (Read 392242 times)
Royaltyfan

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1230 on: January 22, 2023, 07:33:38 PM »

I find this love fest for Gui and Stephanie quite funny, as I very much remember people on this board claiming that she was his beard, and that she was only with him for the title.

They were soooo awkward w eachother - remenber the creepy hair stroking - and both looked quite inept. The scarves... Crazy  but knowing what we know now abt his sort of tyrannical mother, it explains a lot. And I doubt MTs offspring or S. herself had a lot of info or 'practice runs' re. (intimate) relations, so Linus and Lobster may have been at a loss. Also, the pressure of providing a heir, possible fertility issues, all those things must have been difficult for them. And it showed.
They still dress badly, they still do few and fluff engagements, but they and little Charles look happy together.

Gui was in a relationship with Pia Haraldsen (Queen Sonjas niece), she was kind of a party girl. I guess at least he knew a thing or two about intimate relations  Whistle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pia_Haraldsen

I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart, I am never without it... - E.E. Cummings
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1231 on: January 23, 2023, 08:02:35 PM »

I find this love fest for Gui and Stephanie quite funny, as I very much remember people on this board claiming that she was his beard, and that she was only with him for the title.

There was quite a lot of quite harsh dishing on Stephanie especially that probably made threads on them very one-sided because it was unpleasant to defend her.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1232 on: January 23, 2023, 09:15:12 PM »

I think she had a rocky entry into the family, likely through MT. SHe’s also not a fashion plate. That said, having fought the infertility wars myself, I am quite sure that the emotional rollercoaster involved made it extremely difficult for Stephanie and Gui to concentrate on royal duties. When it doesn’t take, sometimes you just can’t face dealing with anything else. Indeed, there were days when I couldn’t get out of bed. Once little Charles was onboard, it was a real transformation. That fact that MT was told to take a seat by the government, was probably helpful. So happy for their little family that a second one is on the way!
Mariola

Large Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1233 on: January 23, 2023, 09:25:57 PM »

I think she had a rocky entry into the family, likely through MT. SHe’s also not a fashion plate. That said, having fought the infertility wars myself, I am quite sure that the emotional rollercoaster involved made it extremely difficult for Stephanie and Gui to concentrate on royal duties. When it doesn’t take, sometimes you just can’t face dealing with anything else. Indeed, there were days when I couldn’t get out of bed. Once little Charles was onboard, it was a real transformation. That fact that MT was told to take a seat by the government, was probably helpful. So happy for their little family that a second one is on the way!

If I am right there was never any confirmation of any fertility problem. Indeed they said from the start that they will wait some years. As Maria says above the posting was very one-sided, and I see only 'bad' pictures when I look at it, so of course now it seems as if everything has been 'fixed' by having a child, even though maybe there was nothing to be 'fixed'.

Of course this does not take away from your experience, Duchess, so please don't read my comment as that. I hope you have been - or will be - successful. 
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1234 on: January 24, 2023, 10:59:58 AM »

If I am right there was never any confirmation of any fertility problem. Indeed they said from the start that they will wait some years. As Maria says above the posting was very one-sided, and I see only 'bad' pictures when I look at it, so of course now it seems as if everything has been 'fixed' by having a child, even though maybe there was nothing to be 'fixed'.

Of course this does not take away from your experience, Duchess, so please don't read my comment as that. I hope you have been - or will be - successful. 

I think they decided to wait for "a while" her mother had just died and the mother was many years younger than her father. One could assume that she saw many challenges ahead. I think they needed time to settle .... but fertility could have been a factor - I have many friends that are childless and not by choice
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1235 on: January 24, 2023, 11:39:52 AM »

I think they decided to wait for "a while" her mother had just died and the mother was many years younger than her father. One could assume that she saw many challenges ahead. I think they needed time to settle .... but fertility could have been a factor - I have many friends that are childless and not by choice

I'm sure it was. Didn't hey make a comment about that after Charles' birth/ the announcement of the pregnancy?
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1236 on: January 24, 2023, 12:05:34 PM »

I've been neutral on them. I don't see a difference. She posed for couple pictures and did mostly art events she was passionate about.  Now she does family photos (with a cute baby) and art events she's still passionate about. But overall she seems much more at ease now
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1237 on: January 24, 2023, 01:28:24 PM »

At New Year's reception Luxembourg 2023

Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1238 on: January 24, 2023, 01:47:25 PM »

I've been neutral on them. I don't see a difference. She posed for couple pictures and did mostly art events she was passionate about.  Now she does family photos (with a cute baby) and art events she's still passionate about. But overall she seems much more at ease now

I wonder if "art" was Ok for her to promote ? I mean if MT never did that then Steph was free to ....
Lady Adelaide

Most Exalted Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: January 25, 2023, 01:14:53 PM »

They paid a visit to another care home - this time in Esch-sur-Alzette  Smiley

VanillaMoomin

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: January 25, 2023, 01:44:07 PM »

I really appreciate the fact they are wearing masks like all the staff. So often rich people (not even royals, just rich people in general)  have their servants and staff wear masks while they don’t. It’s good to see Stef and Gui in masks to protect the care home residents.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1241 on: January 25, 2023, 01:52:12 PM »

It seems Charles is a big hit at every visit 
Aubiette

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: January 25, 2023, 02:46:37 PM »

Our hardest working little Prince. 
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1243 on: January 25, 2023, 02:54:39 PM »

The return of Linus Nerves Charles is such a delight, it's so sweet how much joy he brings people on these visits!
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: January 25, 2023, 08:28:22 PM »

Just wondering, does Luxembourg have a population that is skewed toward the geriatric end of things? Is there much in-migration to Luxembourg? Maybe all those visits to the old folks' homes are because this is the growth area of the country's demographic. And anyway, probably all those old peoples' kids and grandkids will see the photos of Stephanie, Guillame and little Charles and be pleased that somebody has gone to visit them in such a kind and high-profile way.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: