Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Social Unrest in Minneapolis and Other US Cities  (Read 27943 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: August 25, 2020, 03:55:26 AM »

Kenosha WI is having riots right now over a police shooting, burning vehicles in the street.

The video of that shooting Sad It is awful!

It really is awful, not only what they did to him but his kids were in that car in the line of fire Angry

https://www.nbcchicago.co...r-mandela-barnes/2327451/

And people here are still trying to defend the cop.  SMH
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: August 25, 2020, 04:14:56 AM »

Kenosha WI is having riots right now over a police shooting, burning vehicles in the street.

It really is awful, not only what they did to him but his kids were in that car in the line of fire Angry

And some wonder why people are angry. No
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: August 27, 2020, 03:44:13 AM »

The NBA and certain MLB teams are boycotting until the cops are arrested.

Also, Breonna Taylor is on the cover of the September issue of Vanity Fair.
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: August 27, 2020, 05:27:42 AM »

If read Ďif only he listened to the policeí and people posting a video that allegedly shows him fighting prior to getting shot. That may well be, but someone doesnít need to lose their life or the use of their body over this.
Iíve said that if youíre going to arm police then those police should be taught to use the their weapons as the last alternative and not fire indiscriminately. People have replied Ďbut youíre from the UK, you donít understandí and maybe they are right. There are a lot of guns in America, but these officers need to be trained in alternatives? Or use tasers or something? I donít know, but this never ending cycle is destroying the country it seems.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: August 27, 2020, 05:51:10 AM »

The NBA and certain MLB teams are boycotting until the cops are arrested.

Also, Breonna Taylor is on the cover of the September issue of Vanity Fair.

My beloved M's are one of the MLB teams, they sat out tonight at least.

"Instead of watching us, we hope people will focus on the things more important than sports that are happening," Gordon tweeted.

https://komonews.com/spor...iting-unrest-in-wisconsin

Brionna needs more than a magazine cover, but it's a start. I hope some day they have "Brionna's Law" against no-knock warrents.
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: August 27, 2020, 08:37:19 AM »

If read Ďif only he listened to the policeí and people posting a video that allegedly shows him fighting prior to getting shot. That may well be, but someone doesnít need to lose their life or the use of their body over this.
Iíve said that if youíre going to arm police then those police should be taught to use the their weapons as the last alternative and not fire indiscriminately. People have replied Ďbut youíre from the UK, you donít understandí and maybe they are right. There are a lot of guns in America, but these officers need to be trained in alternatives? Or use tasers or something? I donít know, but this never ending cycle is destroying the country it seems.

They did use tasers, no effect on him.
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: August 27, 2020, 11:05:15 AM »

I meant in general, they donít always use tasers.
But in this case I wonder why they werenít effective?
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: August 27, 2020, 05:32:01 PM »

Tazers or not, there were multiple ways to stop him before he actually got to his car.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: August 27, 2020, 06:08:07 PM »

I had never heard of the no knock warrant before, like WTF, that is just hideous. Where did they get that law from?
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: August 27, 2020, 06:29:45 PM »

Tasers are proving not to be as effective as promised.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 06:46:14 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: August 27, 2020, 07:12:35 PM »

I had never heard of the no knock warrant before, like WTF, that is just hideous. Where did they get that law from?

Gunned that poor girl down in her sleep, she must have thought they were getting robbed or something. Poor angel. The cops who shot her need to fry, but they won't.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: August 28, 2020, 01:50:49 AM »

Gunned that poor girl down in her sleep, she must have thought they were getting robbed or something. Poor angel. The cops who shot her need to fry, but they won't.

The no knocks are infuriating and IMO are not worth the risk to private, law abiding citizens that they present. I actually have a personal anecdote that is absolutely horrifying. A man trying to get out on supervised bail randomly selected my father in laws address as his address. For no reason. Luck of the draw. Not realizing that address had a personal tie to a law enforcement officer and would not have flown. It happened to get caught before he was released. Thereís information in leaked documents that BTís ex boyfriend was sort of doing something in that vein to her, claiming her address and contact information. Itís basically a form of SWATTING someone. My father in law could have been Ms.Taylor in the middle of the night. And from my personal experience, Iím here to tell some of my fellow Americans, it could randomly be you.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: August 31, 2020, 11:09:59 AM »

News in NL:

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...door-uw-haatcampagne.html

Mayor to Trump: 'Portland violence is partly due to your hate campaign'

The mayor of the American city of Portland believes that President Trump's 'hate campaign' contributed to the violence in his city.

A man was shot dead in a town in the northwestern state of Oregon on Saturday night. Earlier that evening, there were Black Lives Matter demonstrations and hundreds of President Trump supporters came to town in pickup trucks.

"You have created hatred and division. You have tried to tear us apart. And now you want me to stop the violence you helped create?" Democratic Ted Wheeler said at a news conference.

Examples include Trump's racist attacks targeting black people, mocking a disabled man, and attacks on journalists and migrants.

Trump had called Wheeler a "weak and pathetic Democratic mayor" via Twitter.

Jacob Blake
A supporter of Trump was shot dead in Portland on Saturday. Investigations should reveal whether the man's shooting is related to the confrontation between Trump supporters and people of the Black Lives Matter movement, police say.

Last night there were again protests in the city. Agents have arrested several people. Oregon State Police are assisting local authorities.

Meanwhile, the governor of Wisconsin has called on President Trump to call off his visit to the city of Kenosha tomorrow. There it is restless after Jacob Blake was shot seven times in the back by a police officer. According to the police union, he was aggressive and carried a knife.
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: August 31, 2020, 10:34:52 PM »

I actually just put in my request off for election day and the day after.

I do not want to be near where I work if it all goes to hell in a hand basket.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: September 01, 2020, 01:24:45 PM »

Trump....really  Shocked Roll Eyes

https://www.nu.nl/282866/...-was-anders-vermoord.html
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: