Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eloise Countess of Oranje-Nassau, jonkvrouw van Amsberg (2002)  (Read 10767 times)
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2021, 11:35:38 AM »

I really didnít and donít feel the need to be taught anything by this girl, and I will most certainly not buy her book. I have nothing against her of course, but I think that she is not qualified to impart wisdom of any kind, except, maybe, to showcase her highly privileged life. I am not sure that it was a good idea for her parents to encourage such an initiative, especially at a time like this, when people are losing their jobs and have trouble making ends meet... it does sound and look like a slap in the face.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2021, 05:09:05 PM »

The confidence of youth is thinking you have so many life lessons to share. The wisdom of age is realising how much you still have to learn.

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2021, 05:18:57 PM »

The confidence of youth is thinking you have so many life lessons to share. The wisdom of age is realising how much you still have to learn.

Star

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2021, 09:25:57 PM »

Yeah, there is a fine line between encouraging your children, praising them and giving them either the feeling that they can have (or already have) the world at their fingertips or the opposite, the fear that they cannot not reach the goals set for them.
I remember Prince Charles was once crucified for saying  that if you convince children that the sky is the limit, you set them up for heartbreak. If you give them the impression that of course they can become an astronaut, a race car driver, a medical doctor or a supermodel, when in fact they will most certainly not be able to become either, what does it do to their self worth? How can they be content in their lives, when they feel they failed or that the world dealt them a shitty card?
I do blame social media for a lot of problems today, for much of the envy, the low self-esteem and the self doubts so many of the young have. The daughter of a prince/ granddaughter of the Queen showcasing her spectacular life with all the privileges, that she likely takes for granted and give out advise on how to live sustainable and in agreement with environment and culture... not sure I find that anything but a slap.

That is some true word and realistic advice by Prince Charles.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2021, 11:26:54 PM »

Yeah, there is a fine line between encouraging your children, praising them and giving them either the feeling that they can have (or already have) the world at their fingertips or the opposite, the fear that they cannot not reach the goals set for them.
I remember Prince Charles was once crucified for saying  that if you convince children that the sky is the limit, you set them up for heartbreak. If you give them the impression that of course they can become an astronaut, a race car driver, a medical doctor or a supermodel, when in fact they will most certainly not be able to become either, what does it do to their self worth? How can they be content in their lives, when they feel they failed or that the world dealt them a shitty card?
I do blame social media for a lot of problems today, for much of the envy, the low self-esteem and the self doubts so many of the young have. The daughter of a prince/ granddaughter of the Queen showcasing her spectacular life with all the privileges, that she likely takes for granted and give out advise on how to live sustainable and in agreement with environment and culture... not sure I find that anything but a slap.

I could not agree more, Fairy.  The whole "If you can dream it, you can do it" mentality has a time and a place, but it's certainly not EVERY time or EVERY place.  And I also agree with you about this book.  Her experiences with "clothing and student life" are vastly unrelatable to the majority of her readers, I'd imagine.  I don't actually find it inspiring or admirable that she's written it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: