Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Hussein of Jordan  (Read 6415 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2020, 10:37:48 AM »

Lucky lady. 5 kids? How does anyone keep up??

Does anyone here know how all the step siblings get along or like each other? Obviously, there is quite the age range.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...Prince_Hashim_bin_Hussein

...Prince Hashim bin Hussein (born 10 June 1981) is the younger of the two sons of King Hussein and Queen Noor of Jordan. In her autobiography, Queen Noor states that Hashim was named after the clan of Hashim (Banu Hashim), a tribe to which the Islamic prophet Muhammad and King Hussein belong. He is in the line of succession to the Jordanian throne....

"...On 6 January 2006, Prince Hashim was engaged to Fahdah Mohammed Abunayyan from Saudi Arabia, and they married on 15 April 2006. The bride's father is Mohammad bin Ibrahim Abunayyan and her maternal grandfather is Sheikh Turki bin Khaled bin Ahmed Al Sudairi, head of the Saudi Human Rights Commission.

They have 3 daughters and 2 sons:

Princess Haalah bint Hashim, born on 6 April 2007 in Amman, Jordan.
Princess Rayet Al-Noor bint Hashim, born on 4 July 2008.
Princess Fatima Al-Alia bint Hashim, on 5 November 2011.
Prince Hussein Haidara bin Hashim, on 15 June 2015.
Prince Mohammad Al Hassan bin Hashim, on 21 October 2019...."

King Abdullah holding baby Prince Mohammad Al Hassan (youngest son of Hashem) with Prince Hashem on his right & CP Hussein on his left.

The Jordanianroyals tumblr, when selecting on the tag Prince Hashim:

https://jordanianroyals.t....com/tagged/prince-hashim
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 10:47:10 AM »

18 December 2019: Prince Hashim bin Al Hussein, accompanied by his (2nd eldest) daughter Princess Rayet Al Noor, honored students from different schools who passed advanced French examinations. The ceremony was held under the patronage of the French embassy in Amman.

In general Hashim also seems to be one of the tallest males amongst the offspring of Hussein

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2020, 11:05:29 AM »

Yesterday, it occured to me that many of Husseins children are divorced and many married multiple times. Just like dad, well he divorced 2 and lost 1 sadly in an helicopter crash Sad

Of his 11 children I only noticed a few who are still married to their 1st spouse:

- Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein (Arabic: عبدالله الثاني بن الحسين)(Abdullah al-thani bin Al-Husayn)(born 30 January 1962). Abdullah was born in Amman as the first child of King Hussein and his second wife, British-born Princess Muna. Since 1993 married to Rania Al-Abdullah (Arabic: رانيا العبد الله‎)Rāniyā al-ʻAbd Allāh; née Rania Al-Yassin)(born on 31 August 1970)

- Princess Zein bint Hussein (born 23 April 1968) is a daughter of King Hussein and his second wife, British-born Princess Muna. She is the younger sister of King Abdullah II of Jordan and the twin sister of Princess Aisha bint Hussein. Since 1989 she is married to  Sayyid Majdi Al-Saleh.

- Prince Ali bin Hussein (Arabic: الأمير علي بن الحسين‎)(born 23 December 1975) is the third son of King Hussein of Jordan, and the second child of the king by his third wife, Queen Alia. Since 2004 married to Princess Rym al-Ali (born 1969).

- Prince Hashim bin Hussein (born 10 June 1981) is the younger of the two sons of King Hussein and his 4th wife Queen Noor of Jordan. Since 2006 married to Fahdah Mohammed Abunayyan.

- Princess Raiyah bint Hussein (Arabic: راية بنت الحسين)( born 9 February 1986) is the youngest daughter of King Hussein of Jordan and Queen Noor. Just married, on 7 July 2020 in the United Kingdom, British-born journalist Ned Donovan (a maternal grandson of Roald Dahl)

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2020, 11:49:21 AM »

Lucky lady. 5 kids? How does anyone keep up??

Does anyone here know how all the step siblings get along or like each other? Obviously, there is quite the age range.
I saw an interview lately of Princess Alia the oldest daughter of King Hussein she said they are tie close family and adore each other but seriously i doubt that.
it's not a secret Ali and Hamza don't agree with their brother the King and Hamza even went public criticising the country politique and social situation ( clear dig toward the King)
Haya was estranged with her family even before her father death befause they didn't aprove her style of living and she never got along with her sister in law Rania, and we all saw how she prefer to escape her husband to Uk rather than Jordan where her family rules
Lately there was some eyebows raising at how prince Hamza chose to attend his cousin engagement party rather than attending his own sister Raya wedding....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:01:32 PM by Rita » Logged

Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2020, 04:25:56 PM »

Fascinating, Rita and Principessa.  Thank you!

It would be odd for everyone in such a sprawling family to all get along. Some yes, some no, like big families everywhere.

I love the breadth of knowledge and resources here.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 04:28:24 PM »

In the past there were some sweet and/or cute pictures with the (half)sisters and/or the (half)brothers together. It seems to me that most of them are more focussed on their full siblings (whom are from the same mother).
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 05:25:06 PM »

Paulina:   They were both divorced by Hussein.   The first marriage was an arranged marriage, and #2 was a love match but it didn't last.  But it produced Abdullah.    

To add to that, Gemsheal: wife #2, Princess Muna, was never granted the title of "Queen" and was cast aside for wife #3, Queen Alia.
https://hrhprincesspalace...the-wives-of-hussein.html
Just four days after his divorce from Muna was finalized, 37-year-old King Hussein married Palestinian Alia Baha uddin Touqan on her 24th birthday
Princess Muna's son would become King, a tiny consolation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/jan/29/1
When the 19-year-old met the king, dressed as a pirate at a fancy dress party, her first words to him were: 'You look pretty scruffy your majesty!' according to a new biography by Roland Dallas, who claims the marriage failed because of the king's roving eye.
 Abdullah has always been ruled out of contention for the throne because of persistent doubts about whether his mother ever converted to Islam.
 The king's enduring intimacy with Princess Muna has been a source of friction in his relationship with his present wife, Queen Noor, a Muslim convert who has pressed for her eldest son, Hamzah, to succeed King Hussein.

Though Queen Noor attended the wedding of Abdullah and Rania Yassin in June 1993, she was kept out of the official photographs. King Hussein was pictured with the happy couple and his ex-wife Princess Muna.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 05:33:20 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard P. Feynman
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 05:49:02 PM »

Chandra, Rita,

Why do you think Hussein put Abdullah as heir and did not leave his brother, who had been groomed for a long time, or Noor's oldest?

I'm sure it's somewhere on the internet, but you both have the best takes.

Gemsheal

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2020, 08:15:21 PM »

This wonderful thread has reminded me of Queen Noor's memoir "Leap of Faith" which I've just gotten from the library.  Can't wait to begin it!   Of course I'm sure she said nothing truly revelatory about her relationship with King Abdullah (or any of her stepchildren in fact) but it should be fun to read.       

"sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love"
ee cummings
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2020, 08:59:48 PM »

Chandra, Rita,

Why do you think Hussein put Abdullah as heir and did not leave his brother, who had been groomed for a long time, or Noor's oldest?

I would imagine that age and thus suitability played a role more than favorism.
Abdullah was in his mid/late thirthies, married with children (succession line in place) while his young brother was a boy of 19 with supposedly no further education than highschool (or the equivalent).
I don't actually believe he had been "groomed for a long time", he was so young. Noor obviously wanted this badly and perhaps Hussein simply placated her and allowed her to believe that her son would be the crown prince.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2020, 09:24:09 PM »

Chandra, Rita,

Mr C and I were just discussing this earlier, Paulina! Hug Rita, I'll take my best shot.

The default heir according to the Jordanian Constitution is the oldest son of the Monarch, unless the Monarch decrees otherwise. I recall reading that Abdullah was made heir upon his birth but due to political instability at the time, KH. thought it prudent to make his brother Hassan the CP.  So it stayed until K.Hussein went to the US for treatment for cancer. It came to KH's attention while abroad that CP Hassan was meddling in the affairs of the State that did not concern him and that Princess Sarvath was redecorating the Palace in anticipation of KH's death and CP's and her ascension to the throne and their intention to name their son as CP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...i/Prince_Hassan_bin_Talal
Some retellings say this was not what transpired and was a misunderstanding. Damage done: upon KH's return he very unceremoniously stripped Hassan of his CP status. At some point, Noor campaigned fiercely for her son to made CP. Perhaps he was too young. I have no idea why Noor did not succeed.

The following is very interesting about Abdullah II. When Muna and KH split, she stayed on in Jordan to raise their children. The Anglo-Saxon influence was strong with Abdullah. His command of Arabic was considered not-top-shelf. His mum had never been queen and of all of KH's wives, she was the only one who did not have Middle-Eastern ancestry. By many accounts Abdullah II was bright and a capable diplomat and there was the controversy around Hassan, deserved or not. Perhaps KH felt he could trust his eldest son and that the future of Jordan would be better served with him as king, hence letting the Jordanian Constitution rule the day.

Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2020, 09:38:16 PM »

Fascinating! Thank you, Ladies. Well, it makes sense now. Noor's son would be too young, and if he felt his brother had betrayed him (ouch!) after years of being included, that would hurt.

Plus, yes, Rania is Palestinian, which a lot of Jordanians are. I can see that as a stable family KH would have thought they would be accepted and successful. I don't recall ever hearing about massive discord upon his succession.

Did Uncle Hassan just go away quietly?

Now I'm going to research Muna on the internet.
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2020, 09:45:26 PM »

Fascinating! Thank you, Ladies. Well, it makes sense now. Noor's son would be too young, and if he felt his brother had betrayed him (ouch!) after years of being included, that would hurt.

Plus, yes, Rania is Palestinian, which a lot of Jordanians are. I can see that as a stable family KH would have thought they would be accepted and successful. I don't recall ever hearing about massive discord upon his succession.

I love Muna’s story, she and the King met when she was an assistant on Lawrence of Arabia, filmed in Jordan. 

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2020, 09:47:38 PM »

https://www.independent.c...an-his-crown-1070104.html
In the first days of his own regency, Abdullah showed considerable generosity to his deposed uncle. He greeted him warmly and - when Hassan offered to hand over control of the six academic institutions that he ran - the new king insisted that Hassan should continue to administer the projects.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2020, 11:03:57 PM »

Chandra, Rita,

I think Chandrasekhi said it all in her post...
But i must add that i don't think King Hussein had any attention to change the line of succession and remove his brother from the position o f CP if not Noor complot against Hassan and his wife serveth, Noor thought that by that she could persuade Hussein to make her son Hamza CP but the late King had another opinion...
Anyway i don't think neither Hamza or Abdullah were suitable ir groomed for the position and Hassan was the best choice for Jordan

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: