Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Hussein of Jordan  (Read 7341 times)
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2020, 11:26:25 PM »

Chandra, Rita,

Why do you think Hussein put Abdullah as heir and did not leave his brother, who had been groomed for a long time, or Noor's oldest?

I'm sure it's somewhere on the internet, but you both have the best takes.

I think Chandrasekhi said it all in her post...
But i must add that i don't think King Hussein had any attention to change the line of succession and remove his brother from the position o f CP if not Noor complot against Hassan and his wife serveth, Noor thought that by that she could persuade Hussein to make her son Hamza CP but the late King had another opinion...
Anyway i don't think neither Hamza or Abdullah were suitable ir groomed for the position and Hassan was the best choice for Jordan

Did Noor cause all that mischief? Did she out of ambition, ruin the relationship between her husband and his brother in the little time her husband had to live?

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2020, 11:28:45 PM »

Chandra, Rita,

Why do you think Hussein put Abdullah as heir and did not leave his brother, who had been groomed for a long time, or Noor's oldest?

But i must add that i don't think King Hussein had any attention to change the line of succession and remove his brother from the position o f CP if not Noor complot against Hassan and his wife serveth, Noor thought that by that she could persuade Hussein to make her son Hamza CP but the late King had another opinion...
Anyway i don't think neither Hamza or Abdullah were suitable ir groomed for the position and Hassan was the best choice for Jordan

Thank you for all the info, Rita  Star

Itís so nice to have you back!
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2020, 12:02:57 AM »

Chandra, Rita,

Did Noor cause all that mischief? Did she out of ambition, ruin the relationship between her husband and his brother in the little time her husband had to live?
Exactly that
Untile few months of Hussein death Prince Hassan was the Crown Prince and he was popular and well respected in Jordan and outside (Still anyway)
Noor wanted to cast him and his wife Serveth with whom she  had issues, she also wanted her son Hamza to be the next King so she started smear compaign against Hassan and serveth and while her husband the King was hospitalized in USA she let him know (by herself or via Jordabians officiels) that his brother are already moving forward to prepar his accession to throne by meeting heads of tribes and other important officiels in the state, that his wife Serveth already changing the Palace decor to move in.. King Hussein then went back to Jordan to remove his brother and appointed his son Abdellah CP and to make noor happy asked Abdullah to make Hamza CP after he became King.
Three months after this change Hussein died and Abdullah became King.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 12:21:55 AM by Rita » Logged

karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2020, 12:03:40 AM »

Fascinating, Rita and Principessa.  Thank you!

It would be odd for everyone in such a sprawling family to all get along. Some yes, some no, like big families everywhere.

I love the breadth of knowledge and resources here.

I agree with every word of that, Paulina. Star

So very good to see you Rita, I have really missed your insight!
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2020, 12:20:44 AM »

Star  Star @ anastasia beaverhausen and karma chamelion.

Nice to be back and chat with you guys  Hug

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2020, 12:30:26 AM »

Chandra, Rita,

Exactly that
Untile few months of Hussein death Prince Hassan was the Crown Prince and he was popular and well respected in Jordan and outside (Still anyway)
Noor wanted to cast him and his wife Serveth with whom she  had issues, she also wanted her son Hamza to be the next King so she started smear compaign against Hassan and serveth and while her husband the King was hospitalized in USA she let him know (by herself or via Jordabians officiels) that his brother are already moving forward to prepar his accession to throne by meeting heads of tribes and other important officiels in the state, that his wife Serveth already changing the Palace decor to move in.. King Hussein then went back to Jordan to remove his brother and appointed his son Abdellah CP and to make noor happy asked Abdullah to make Hamza CP after he became King.

but Abdullas has not made hamza cp. he has made his own son cp...is that right?

i thought i read somewhere that's why noor left the countery?

rita do you know more?  Hug

thx

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2020, 12:40:34 AM »

Chandra, Rita,

Exactly that

That is incredibly sad.

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2020, 12:40:58 AM »

Chandra, Rita,

Exactly that

rita do you know more?  Hug

thx

G Smiley
He did made him CP in the beginning.. Hamza was a CP for 5 years before Abdullah removed him to place his son in the position...
Not sure when exactly Noor left Jordan but i think it was right away after her husband death, she never been the ideal stepmother and she no longer have a place with Rania taking all the power and Muna back to the scene.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2020, 12:44:30 AM »

Chandra, Rita,

Exactly that

That is incredibly sad.
Sad indeee, Hassan and Hussein were close to each other but not tell the end.
Sad that Hassan couldn't finish what he prepered for Jordan once he became king.... It's like Charles waiting and working all those years but in the end he wont be King... If you see what i mean

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2020, 01:07:56 AM »

thx rita  Hug Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Gemsheal

Medium Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2020, 03:15:31 PM »

Chandra, Rita,

Exactly that
Noor wanted to cast him and his wife Serveth with whom she  had issues, she also wanted her son Hamza to be the next King so she started smear compaign against Hassan and serveth and while her husband the King was hospitalized in USA she let him know (by herself or via Jordabians officiels) that his brother are already moving forward to prepar his accession to throne by meeting heads of tribes and other important officiels in the state, that his wife Serveth already changing the Palace decor to move in.. King Hussein then went back to Jordan to remove his brother and appointed his son Abdellah CP and to make noor happy asked Abdullah to make Hamza CP after he became King.

rita do you know more?  Hug

thx

G Smiley
He did made him CP in the beginning.. Hamza was a CP for 5 years before Abdullah removed him to place his son in the position...
Not sure when exactly Noor left Jordan but i think it was right away after her husband death, she never been the ideal stepmother and she no longer have a place with Rania taking all the power and Muna back to the scene.

I would love to know your opinion on this question, Rita (and anyone else too):  Despite being unprepared for the role, do you think that Abdullah has made a good king for Jordan?  

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2020, 03:49:16 PM »

Chandra, Rita,

Exactly that

That is incredibly sad.
Sad indeee, Hassan and Hussein were close to each other but not tell the end.
Sad that Hassan couldn't finish what he prepered for Jordan once he became king.... It's like Charles waiting and working all those years but in the end he wont be King... If you see what i mean

From what I have read, the political instability when Abdullah II was a baby  were attempts on KH's life which if successful would have left a very vulnerable child as ruler with regent. If Abdullah II had been born in a period where there was greater stability, he might not have been replaced as CP by Hassan and might have remained so until he became king.  Thinking

Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2020, 03:52:51 PM »

Chandra, Rita,

Exactly that
Noor wanted to cast him and his wife Serveth with whom she  had issues, she also wanted her son Hamza to be the next King so she started smear compaign against Hassan and serveth and while her husband the King was hospitalized in USA she let him know (by herself or via Jordabians officiels) that his brother are already moving forward to prepar his accession to throne by meeting heads of tribes and other important officiels in the state, that his wife Serveth already changing the Palace decor to move in.. King Hussein then went back to Jordan to remove his brother and appointed his son Abdellah CP and to make noor happy asked Abdullah to make Hamza CP after he became King.

thx

G Smiley

I would love to know your opinion on this question, Rita (and anyone else too):  Despite being unprepared for the role, do you think that Abdullah has made a good king for Jordan?  

On a frivolous note: if there is one royal whose wardrobe I would love to rummage around it, it would be Princess Sarvath's: her saree-coat combos  .  Imagine all the sarees she might have worn had she been Queen!    
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 04:55:03 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2020, 09:23:52 PM »

Wow! Court machinations. Even with Abdullah the king, does he still have his uncle around and helping? Also, is his mom around a lot? A few things I read have said so. After all, she is the mother of the king and will surely want to be around her grandchildren. She never went back to England, which earned her respect in Jordan. Of course she wouldn't want to leave her children. I read somewhere that she and Hussein remained friendly, which didn't go over well with Noor.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2020, 09:58:31 PM »

Chandra, Rita,

Exactly that

thx

G Smiley

i think Abdullah did what he could in my opinion his is a honorable man and tried his best.. But cant help thinking Hassan was the best choice.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: