Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Hussein of Jordan  (Read 8268 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2020, 10:06:22 PM »

Chandra, Rita,

Why do you think Hussein put Abdullah as heir and did not leave his brother, who had been groomed for a long time, or Noor's oldest?

I'm sure it's somewhere on the internet, but you both have the best takes.

I think Chandrasekhi said it all in her post...
But i must add that i don't think King Hussein had any attention to change the line of succession and remove his brother from the position o f CP if not Noor complot against Hassan and his wife serveth, Noor thought that by that she could persuade Hussein to make her son Hamza CP but the late King had another opinion...
Anyway i don't think neither Hamza or Abdullah were suitable ir groomed for the position and Hassan was the best choice for Jordan

Did Noor cause all that mischief? Did she out of ambition, ruin the relationship between her husband and his brother in the little time her husband had to live?
Exactly that
Untile few months of Hussein death Prince Hassan was the Crown Prince and he was popular and well respected in Jordan and outside (Still anyway)
Noor wanted to cast him and his wife Serveth with whom she  had issues, she also wanted her son Hamza to be the next King so she started smear compaign against Hassan and serveth and while her husband the King was hospitalized in USA she let him know (by herself or via Jordabians officiels) that his brother are already moving forward to prepar his accession to throne by meeting heads of tribes and other important officiels in the state, that his wife Serveth already changing the Palace decor to move in.. King Hussein then went back to Jordan to remove his brother and appointed his son Abdellah CP and to make noor happy asked Abdullah to make Hamza CP after he became King.
Three months after this change Hussein died and Abdullah became King.

That is incredibly sad.
Sad indeee, Hassan and Hussein were close to each other but not tell the end.
Sad that Hassan couldn't finish what he prepered for Jordan once he became king.... It's like Charles waiting and working all those years but in the end he wont be King... If you see what i mean

From what I have read, the political instability when Abdullah II was a baby  were attempts on KH's life which if successful would have left a very vulnerable child as ruler with regent. If Abdullah II had been born in a period where there was greater stability, he might not have been replaced as CP by Hassan and might have remained so until he became king.  Thinking
Yes that's true, but then when he took the position he did well and styed CP for so many years without any speculation that he will be replaced by Abdullah anytime until the end of his brother reign and only because of Noor machination.... Hassan was respected inside and outside Jordan and for most jordanians he was be next King even for Abdullah himself.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2020, 10:11:25 PM »

Wow! Court machinations. Even with Abdullah the king, does he still have his uncle around and helping? Also, is his mom around a lot? A few things I read have said so. After all, she is the mother of the king and will surely want to be around her grandchildren. She never went back to England, which earned her respect in Jordan. Of course she wouldn't want to leave her children. I read somewhere that she and Hussein remained friendly, which didn't go over well with Noor.
Hassan took the change with grace he never said a word about it and offered his help to the King he still around and do travel alot with Abdullah for officiel and state visits, and seem the King and his uncle have good relation.
As for Muna i believe too she never left Jordan neither her parents and after her son became a King she is more and more present in the public life

Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2020, 11:11:26 PM »

It seems the biggest loser was Queen Noor.

Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath's children have gone on to extraordinary achievements.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2020, 11:55:07 PM »

Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath's children have gone on to extraordinary achievements.
Indeed
Couldn't happen to nicer person  Wink

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2020, 12:23:23 AM »

Indeed

ahhh karma is a wonderful thing...eh

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2020, 12:30:06 AM »

Indeed

ahhh karma is a wonderful thing...eh

G Smiley
Beer to that!

Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2020, 03:22:37 AM »

Oh, this is fascinating! So . . . do you think Princess Muna and Princess Sarvath's children are friendly? They are around the same age. Do you think the women are? They both have deep roots in doing good things for Jordan focusing on women and education.

Sarvath's children are highly educated and accomplished indeed.

Noor is insecure a little?
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2020, 06:56:30 AM »

In Barbara Bush’s memoir, she describes a state visit where Queen Noor let it be known she preferred chicken instead of the duck that was already being prepared. Mrs Bush refused to change the menu and reminded the flustered social secretary, “The Queen was, in truth, just as American girl who married a king...”

Sounds like she wasn’t a fan of Noor either.
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2020, 04:46:08 PM »

Link to film of Hussein's first wedding:
https://youtu.be/tzcVI4EzaEE

(I found this under the YouTube link that Chandrasekhi posted, of Princess Sarvath addressing Johns Hopkins University- also a good video)

“Because to take away a man's freedom of choice, even his freedom to make the wrong choice, is to manipulate him as though he were a puppet and not a person.”

― Madeline L'Engle
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2020, 04:50:29 PM »

In Barbara Bush’s memoir, she describes a state visit where Queen Noor let it be known she preferred chicken instead of the duck that was already being prepared. Mrs Bush refused to change the menu and reminded the flustered social secretary, “The Queen was, in truth, just as American girl who married a king...”

Sounds like she wasn’t a fan of Noor either.

I had absolutely no idea.  I read her autobiography 15 years ago and was pretty impressed, but somehow her less than perfect behavior was omitted.

It pays to be nice, even if you’re a queen.
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2020, 09:16:04 PM »

I really enjoyed her autobiography too. She came across well, especially when she gave her perspective on world events. I felt sad that this seemingly likable person had such difficult relationships with her step children, especially Haya. Haya was such a young girl when Noor came into her life, it’s too bad they didn’t develop into a closer mother-daughter relationship. Noor certainly seems to have rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2020, 09:51:37 PM »

Oh, this is fascinating! So . . . do you think Princess Muna and Princess Sarvath's children are friendly? They are around the same age. Do you think the women are? They both have deep roots in doing good things for Jordan focusing on women and education.

Sarvath's children are highly educated and accomplished indeed.

Noor is insecure a little?
i don't know for the women but Yes i do think Muna and Serveth's children have good relationship.
Noor insecure ? well maybe. she was young when she got married to a man older than her and have alot of children, two exs (Muna and Dina) Still alive and well respected in the country and a deatd wife (Alia) whos been hugly popular.. . So i don't think that was  not easy for her espacially she is from different culture.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:07:32 PM by Rita » Logged

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2020, 09:54:45 PM »

I think there were major adjustments for Noor when she married a King H. It was a cultural thing probably.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2020, 03:42:57 AM »

Is Noor liked in Jordan?  Was she an unpopular step mother?
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2020, 05:11:32 AM »

I think there were major adjustments for Noor when she married a King H. It was a cultural thing probably.

no not really. Her father is syrian

Family and early life​[edit]

Queen Noor was born as Lisa Najeeb Halaby[3] in Washington, D.C. She is the daughter of Najeeb Halaby (1915–2003) and Doris Carlquist (1918–2015). Her father was a Navy experimental test pilot, an airline executive, and government official. He served as an aide to the United States Secretary of Defense in the Truman administration, before being appointed by John F. Kennedy to head the Federal Aviation Administration. Najeeb Halaby also had a private-sector career, serving as CEO of Pan American World Airways from 1969 to 1972. The Halabys had two children following Lisa; a son, Christian, and a younger daughter, Alexa. They divorced in 1977. Her mother, Doris, was of Swedish descent and died on December 25, 2015 aged 97.[4]

Noor's paternal grandfather, Najeeb Elias Halaby, a Syrian-Lebanese who was born in Zahle, and whose parents hailed from Aleppo[5][6][7], was a petroleum broker, according to 1920 Census records.[Crazy Merchant Stanley Marcus, however, recalled that in the mid-1920s, Halaby opened Halaby Galleries, a rug boutique and interior-decorating shop, at Neiman Marcus in Dallas, Texas, and ran it with his Texas-born wife, Laura Wilkins (1889–1987, later Mrs. Urban B. Koen). Najeeb Halaby died shortly afterward, and his estate was unable to continue the new enterprise.[9]

According to research done in 2010 for the PBS series Faces of America by Professor Henry Louis Gates Jr., of Harvard University, her great-grandfather, Elias Halaby, came to New York around 1891, one of the earliest Syrian immigrants to the United States. He was a Christian as well as having been a provincial treasurer (magistrate)[10] as stated before by Najeeb Halaby in his autobiography "Crosswinds: an Airman's Memoir"[5]. He left Ottoman Syria with his two eldest sons. His wife, Almas Mallouk, and their remaining children joined him in the United States in 1894. He died three years later, leaving his teenage sons, Habib, and Najeeb (her paternal grandfather), to run his import business. Najeeb moved to Dallas around 1910 and fully assimilated into American society.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Noor_of_Jordan

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: