Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrice News  (Read 40243 times)
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2020, 05:07:44 PM »

It makes me sad to think it will be so long before another big wedding.   

Sure would like to see a picture or ten. 
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2020, 05:15:00 PM »

The wedding feels so romantic.   Apparently Bea has worn the wedding gown she had selected for what would have been a grander event. The important people in her life were present. Who could begrudge her that? Zero additional cost to tax-payers as stated up thread. A home-run for Bea.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2020, 05:19:17 PM »

I think it killed a few birds:

(1) Most likely Bea did not want to wait forever to tie the knot (they might want to have a family).
(2) He obviously has problems with his dad, so by having it low-key the press does not get a huge story out of it
(3) Her grandparents could be there and Fergie and Phil could be in one room without being watched
(4) As Andrew is not popular, he could be there without causing further headlines
(5) At present, the tax payer would not be pleased if they even thought tax money would be wasted and it would be a wrong sign to have a
     lavish wedding, even if it was privately paid
(6) They did not attract a crowd of curious spectators, so there won't be headlines like "how I caught COVID while standing at the side of the
     road ..."

I think you’re right. All logical points.

I bet at his age Phil has no more F’s to give and may not care about Fergie anymore. I love the astute analysis on this board!
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2020, 05:23:43 PM »

I think it killed a few birds:

(1) Most likely Bea did not want to wait forever to tie the knot (they might want to have a family).
(2) He obviously has problems with his dad, so by having it low-key the press does not get a huge story out of it
(3) Her grandparents could be there and Fergie and Phil could be in one room without being watched
(4) As Andrew is not popular, he could be there without causing further headlines
(5) At present, the tax payer would not be pleased if they even thought tax money would be wasted and it would be a wrong sign to have a
     lavish wedding, even if it was privately paid
(6) They did not attract a crowd of curious spectators, so there won't be headlines like "how I caught COVID while standing at the side of the
     road ..."
Great list Miss Marple.
About (2): to prevent a what-a-boutism play for sympathy about married-ins with poor relationships with their fathers, perhaps a more accurate characterization of Edo's relationship with his bio-dad may be  that they are not close  rather than that their relationship is bad.  Edo was 5 yrs old when his mum married  Christopher Shale, who Edo has described as the only dad he ever knew. His Bio-dad went on two have two more marriages before  his mum married Shale. Bio-dad moved to France.

The relationship with his step-dad must have been a wonderful one:
1. "Wolfie" is a Christopher and is named after Edo's step-dad.
2. Edo and his brother from the Chris-Nikki union started a cricket foundation in Rwanda in honour of their dad. They have roped in world-class cricketers into the associated coaching programme, The foundation has built at least one stadium (that I can find reference to). No preaching and word-salads just great deeds born out of love.  Clapping Clapping Clapping

This is awesome!  He was - initially anyway - perceived to be a grifter trying to marry up.  But it seems he has his own considerable achievements that should be celebrated.  I hope Bea can learn from what he has done.

When you think about it, both York sisters married far better men than we thought they would.

Indeed! I find both husbands quite good looking.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2020, 05:26:40 PM »

Okay, thanks. But the dad gave an interview, didn't he? I recall MM's father giving interviews or Pa Slurpson ... maybe they don't want to give him a stage - even if it is only pre-caution.

I am happy that both girls turned out sound (way better than could be expected with these parents) and hopefully happy. I hope they follow Peter and Zara as role models for not-first-stage-royal-life.

Yes, Edo's dad did give an interview. You learn a lot about Edo's ancestors, and from that we know that Edo will inherit a rather nice estate in Italy when his father passes. He does touch briefly on their relationship but does not blame his son. It's rather tame, to be honest.

My take is that Edo's dad was excluded more because of covid restrictions, than fear that he would say something untoward.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2020, 05:27:52 PM »

If you think about it, we'll not see a major BRF wedding until George gets married.

I agree and maybe add Charlotte and Louis to the list because they will likely be children of the king by the time they marry. I think these "lower royals" know they can't ask for Westminster or St. Paul's because that is not reflective of their place. But so far the children and grandchildren of a reigning monarch have used St. George's which is grand for you and me but kind of makes sense if your granny is the queen and permission is easily given. When Charles enforces who is in and out of the core royal family we'll see lots of smaller venues and the big stuff left to those straight in line or children of the monarch. Where are those pictures by the way lol
If there’s still a monarchy in 30 years, I’d bet that only George will have a big London wedding, and that’s as it should be.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2020, 05:31:40 PM »

If you think about it, we'll not see a major BRF wedding until George gets married.

I agree and maybe add Charlotte and Louis to the list because they will likely be children of the king by the time they marry. I think these "lower royals" know they can't ask for Westminster or St. Paul's because that is not reflective of their place. But so far the children and grandchildren of a reigning monarch have used St. George's which is grand for you and me but kind of makes sense if your granny is the queen and permission is easily given. When Charles enforces who is in and out of the core royal family we'll see lots of smaller venues and the big stuff left to those straight in line or children of the monarch. Where are those pictures by the way lol
If there’s still a monarchy in 30 years, I’d bet that only George will have a big London wedding, and that’s as it should be.

ITA

London should the direct heirs only.  Other children of a monarch or heir can do a Windsor blowout (tv and carriage procession) and everyone else should stick with a Windsor non-blowout (Lady Gabriella style) at the fanciest.   If someone wants something more modest than more power to them.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2020, 05:39:34 PM »

I doubt Charles or Will for that matter, will be vindictive about their relatives using St. Georges Chapel for their weddings. Charles wants a small group of working royals, but since the BRF would not be footing the bill for say Mia Tindall or any of Bea or Eugenie's future children, why not? They can go large or small as they wish.

St. George's, while the purview of the monarch, allows non royals to wed there. Some of the people who can get married at St. George's include knights, residents of Windsor Castle, and residents of the College of St. George.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:14:19 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2020, 06:11:49 PM »

I doubt Charles or Will for that matter, will be vindictive about their relatives using St. Georges Chapel for their weddings. Charles wants a small group of working royals, but since the BRF would not be footing the bill for say Mia Tindall or any of Bea or Eugenie's future children, why not? They can go large or small as they wish.

St. George's while the purview of the monarch, allows non royals to wed there. Some of the people who can get married at St. George's include knights, residents of Windsor Castle, and residents of the College of St. George.

I think the most important cathedrals/churches/chapels have a well defined system. If I remember well, for the Royal Guards Chapel one has to be related in some way to someone serving in the royal guard. WA is reserved for the monarch, children of the monarch and I don’t know if anyone else.

Yes, pictures, please!
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2020, 06:15:24 PM »

I think St George's is seen as almost the "family's church", after all it is the Chapel of the Castle that bears their dynastic name.

A wedding behind closed doors like Lady Gabriella would be available to anyone who wants it in the family IMO.

To be honest I always said it would be nice for Bea to use The Chapel of All Saints which is yards from Royal Lodge and I hope it also is used again for royal weddings in the future.

I admire Bea & Edo for happily having a low key wedding, showing it is about the commitment to each other not a huge show.
tsarinya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2020, 06:51:25 PM »

I don’t think a picture has been released but I hope her dress is something a bit different? Not the typical A line and lace we often see. I quite liked Eugenie’s because of that.
Also hoping she wore a tiara, maybe a new one we haven’t seen!
duchesschicana

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2020, 07:11:01 PM »

I think she's stunning in this photo.

I have feeling she went with the Yorkie tiara. she seems sentimental and it was lowkey wedding. So, I dont think she'd go for show stoppers, but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. Fingers crossed.
duchesschicana

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2020, 07:14:13 PM »

Why do you think zeros father has never met Bea nor did he attend the wedding? I haven’t seen anything discussed about that.

Thoughts?
Edo's dad? Other than obvious covid restrictions. Per Edo's own words at his stepfather's funeral,  his stepfather was  the only father he has known and from what i know hasnt even met Bea and only seen his grandson rarely.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2020, 08:16:48 PM »

Then it is even stranger that the dad gave the interview. I think the BRF has very fine radars by now and especially the Yorks have to be extra careful.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2020, 08:43:26 PM »

I think she's stunning in this photo.

I have feeling she went with the Yorkie tiara. she seems sentimental and it was lowkey wedding. So, I dont think she'd go for show stoppers, but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed for either the Yorkie or the Strathmore Rose!

Pictures will probably be released around 10 PM BST for the Sunday newspapers editions.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: