Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Beatrice News  (Read 38549 times)
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: September 28, 2020, 02:52:58 AM »

Do they only display the most recent bridal gown? I would love to see a whole display off all of them from Victoria onward. It would be my first stop before the hotel!
Was in London in 2018 and that would have been lovely. Got to see the Diana dresses and one of Victoria's, but the dresses from Vic on would have been nice especially since she started the white dress trend.

That would be a faboulous display.  From Victoria down through her look alike greatx4 granddaughter. 

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: September 28, 2020, 03:09:11 AM »

I feel like HRP did an exhibition in the last decade or so.  Maybe in 2011 because of the Cambridge wedding.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: September 28, 2020, 04:36:35 AM »

KP had the 'Queen's Wedding Dresses' on display in 2002 for the Queen's Golden Jubilee - Victoria's, Alexandra's, Mary's, Elizabeth's and QEII's.

They were all great. I personally loved Alexandra's the best, even though, sadly, it had been slightly modified after the wedding as she didn't have that large a troussau and so needed to wear it again.

The Queen Mum's was typical 20s but I didn't care for it.

Victoria's shocked me - largely because it showed just how tiny she was.

Mary's and QEII's were both fantastic.

I saw that exhibition twice ... once in my first week in London and again on my last afternoon.

They also had an exhibition of a number of other of the Queen's dresses that she had worn around the Commonwealth.

I don't think any of them have been on display since.

In 2011 they put Catherine's on display at BP during the official summer opening of the palace. In 2018 both Meghan's and Eugenie's were on display at Windsor and now Beatrice's.

jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: September 28, 2020, 05:10:03 AM »

Victoria's shocked me - largely because it showed just how tiny she was.
She was so teeny! Also got to see some great tiaras.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: September 28, 2020, 05:20:33 AM »

I have a hilarious photo of myself standing next to Queen Victoria's dress at KP. She was wider than me, but it would have fit me length-wise just fine!  Laugh bounce #shortlife

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: September 28, 2020, 08:20:48 AM »

I have a hilarious photo of myself standing next to Queen Victoria's dress at KP. She was wider than me, but it would have fit me length-wise just fine!  Laugh bounce #shortlife

Same for me! Jumping #shortqueen
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: September 28, 2020, 11:15:06 AM »

I am surprised you were able to get such a photo as the exhibition clearly was labelled 'no photos' and both times I was there there were people to stop photos being taken.

hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: September 28, 2020, 01:46:46 PM »

I am surprised you were able to get such a photo as the exhibition clearly was labelled 'no photos' and both times I was there there were people to stop photos being taken.

It's the same with The Creation of Adam in  The Sistine Chapel.  I wasn't able to take a photo in there, too many ushers looking out.  But  I know of 2 people who came out with wonderful photos of it.  Yes, I am a bit jealous. 

Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: September 28, 2020, 03:30:04 PM »

The detail and the beadwork on Bea's dress is absolutely gorgeous.

Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: September 28, 2020, 04:50:04 PM »

Bea is a revivalist trend-setter.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 05:04:52 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: October 18, 2020, 09:33:35 PM »

FT published an interview with Ed recently. I didn't realize what he did for a living it is a very stylish life. I used to be interested in trends and fashion but that has totally gone by the wayside as I get older so it is kind of fun to hear about nice houses and things. He is a good brother in law he mentions Jack's tequila.

https://www.ft.com/conten...If0iFuWTQRfFgrN7SUpQ3KHr8
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: October 18, 2020, 10:20:14 PM »

FT published an interview with Ed recently. I didn't realize what he did for a living it is a very stylish life. I used to be interested in trends and fashion but that has totally gone by the wayside as I get older so it is kind of fun to hear about nice houses and things. He is a good brother in law he mentions Jack's tequila.

That is a very interesting article. It's the most in depth look we've really had into who Edo really is, and what he does.

i'd love to see what their flat looks like.

I've no doubt he's given Eug and Jack a copy of How to Raise Successful People by Esther Wojcicki.

I want the eco lodge in Kenya he mentions.

Bea is a lucky lady - she's done far better than slimy smiling' Dave.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: October 18, 2020, 10:23:14 PM »

That is a very interesting article. It's the most in depth look we've really had into who Edo really is, and what he does.

I've no doubt he's given Eug and Jack a copy of How to Raise Successful People by Esther Wojcicki.

She's hit the jackpot He sounds like an intelligent, creative, thoughtful man, with incredible taste. Good for Bea.

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: October 18, 2020, 10:28:24 PM »

She's hit the jackpot He sounds like an intelligent, creative, thoughtful man, with incredible taste. Good for Bea.

It also says quite a lot about Beatrice herself too, I think.  Beer

Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: October 18, 2020, 11:01:20 PM »

I agree.  It is a great article and really lets us know who he is.  Bea is a very lucky girl!  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: